Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Whoah! Closed threads because it's a "certified vendor"??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Crazy350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoah! Closed threads because it's a "certified vendor"??

Glad I decided to post when I did, lest the "unhappy" vendors disapproved of my posts.
What's up with that?!?
Someone steals from a customer and you close the thread?!?
How ludicrous is that?
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=62618
CYA!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:36 AM
infidsg35

I know.. There was no bashing going on. It was a simple arguement! There was a lot of people who had something to say or add to that thread. Why would you close it? Guess its time to start a thread on how the MODS suck and how they need to keep there opinions out of the threads!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:50 AM
toykilla

this is a great website for the z community. its nice how willing the owners of this site are to help out the z owners.. its really a wonderful thing
Old 03-01-2004, 06:38 AM
rouxeny

Oh god, not this tired argument again. I closed the thread simply because the argument had become non-productive.

Just to reiterate, none of the mods gets anything in compensation from Victor, Takao, or any of the vendors. I don't particularly give a damn who you people decide to trash, just that after a while, the discussion becomes pointless.

As to the "no bashing going on" comment, please read the thread again. Instead of starting a new thread about how the mods suck, please just continue one of the ones that's previously been started.

By the way, I could not, in any way, shape or form, be considered one of the owners of this site.

Last edited by rouxeny; 03-01-2004 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:58 AM
toykilla

i like how we arent allowed to link to any z information thats not contained in these forums. unless its a paying vendoer a link is a no no
Old 03-01-2004, 07:02 AM
rouxeny

Not my decision. I'm not sure I totally agree with it, but I do completely understand why it's done.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:16 AM
KJY9

Default Re: Whoah! Closed threads because it's a "certified vendor"??

Originally posted by Crazy350Z
Glad I decided to post when I did, lest the "unhappy" vendors disapproved of my posts.
What's up with that?!?
How ludicrous is that?
CYA!
I guess it's called "taking care of their own".
Like it or not, that's the way it is.
If a mod thinks the thread is "non-productive" it gets closed, that way it gets buried and no one can see that one of the vendors is not up to snuff.
Very handy huh?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:36 AM
rouxeny

You are welcome to put a link to that thread in your sig, accompanied by a short description. That way, people can still find it.

If we were really as pro-vendor as many suppose, I would think that we would sticky each and every thread that had anything good to say about them. In fact, we'd probably put links to them in everybody's sigs, just so you couldn't possibly miss out.

Actually, if I was really such a vendor supporter, I would probably have left that thread open. If you read it carefully, there are more people who had good things to say about BJ than didn't.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:30 AM
infidsg35

Rouxeny you need to reread this thread as I did't start this thread! Im not caring either way as I didnt have a problem with EVO. I just wanted more info since I was going to place a few orders with them in the future. Now that you closed the thread im might not get the info i was looking for from either party.. I did read the thread and there was nothing out of line just people and opinions.. So what you thought was "non-productive" would of/ could of been for me. Ok not all mods suck some do good such as move threads or post good info but then theres those power hungry few out there that love to show it....
Old 03-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Jsn350Z

IMO the mods can do whatever they want. They provide this forum to us for free so I have no reason to complain about anything.

Now if we were paying for a membership that would be different, but we are not..
Old 03-01-2004, 08:51 AM
barrybell

You have to remember people it's the Mods job to keep the Vendors happy or the vendors take the money away.
It's as simple as that, as in must dictatorial states the interests of the governments (Mods) is foremost important.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by barrybell
You have to remember people it's the Mods job to keep the Vendors happy or the vendors take the money away.
It's as simple as that, as in must dictatorial states the interests of the governments (Mods) is foremost important.
This is not true. Our job is to take what actions are necessary to enforce the site rules and help members gain the most from the site. The mods have never been given any instructions to appease our sponsors. If this were ever to happen, it will be very easy for you to tell, because myself (and perhaps some other mods) will probably step down.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:40 AM
manrey

Default Re: Whoah! Closed threads because it's a "certified vendor"??

Originally posted by Crazy350Z
What's up with that?!?
How ludicrous is that?
CYA!

The moderators here are Anti People, Pro Vendor. Similar to the government. LOL!

The dollar corrupts.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:58 AM
toykilla

free sharing of information is what the internet is about.. that would be most beneficial to all z owners, i cannot see an arguement against this.

ive been down this road once before.. the people revolted! spoke out about what they wanted! and the evil government banned them!

i will leave this thread now
Old 03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by infidsg35
Why would you close it? Guess its time to start a thread on how the MODS suck and how they need to keep there opinions out of the threads!!!
Rouxeny explained why it was closed. The mods here do not suck. They do an excellent job of weeding out problems, closing threads when closing is needed and giving strikes for problem members.

This forum would degenerate if an anything goes, careless anarchy were allowed. Moreover, there is a great degree of freedom for members to say what they need to say. I've seen substantial latitude given to members to make their points and express their feelings towards a matter.

As for vendor-forum relations, I don't believe there is any written rule as to preference. There really shouldn't be any bias. But, the truth of the matter is that someone is making money from this forum. And, that someone must be prudent in protecting that interest. That's business.

However, in this instance, I'm about as sure as I can be that this was one moderators call on his own initiative and had nothing to do with any vendor. It was a good call.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I may not agree with some of the stuff here, but I do have to agree that that thread was going no where, although KJY9 may have a had apoint he could have easily taken care of it by calling Rogue and end of story. My experience with 350EVO was good and BJ was very helpful.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:13 AM
jesseenglish

Close this thread, it is yet another collossal waste of time. People bitching about stuff just so they have something to ***** about. Yep there's a giant conspiracy here to keep you down. Better watch out or "The Man" will bring you down too.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:13 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahahahahaha corrupted by the almighty buck?

thats too funny. is it like the general concensus that we get paid or something? if so, I gotta talk to takao cause my checks been lost in the mail.

I cant speak for everyone, but I have no bias to the vendors. hell, I guess everyone has selective memories, but victor even posted a problem with a vendor product. that thread wasnt going anywhere, write your complaint if you want in the vendor reviews(they should have a section, if not, contact victor) thats what its there for. then they can give a response, and let it be. people can look there and read the complaint and response and decide for themselves.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:17 AM
jesseenglish

Oh and BTW, 350evo.com is not a "certified vendor" here anymore.

https://my350z.com/forum/announcemen...s=&forumid=131
Old 03-01-2004, 10:26 AM
rouxeny

He isn't? Well then what the hell was I protecting him for? Oops...did I just say that?

For the oblivious, the above is an example of sarcasm, ie. not to be taken as truth.

Some of the more aware will doubtlessly see the irony.

Quick Reply: Whoah! Closed threads because it's a "certified vendor"??