Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Turbonetics ST Install Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:03 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My Turbonetics ST Install Thread

Hey guys, I just received the kit this morning that came overnight from Turbonetics in California. I'm greatly pleased to finally have the kit in my hands so I can start the install next week. It all looks absolutely beautiful. I snapped a few pics as I unpacked it in the living room.

note : The kit did come missing the BoV HORN. It is completely functional now without this peice, and I should still have it by the time the car is running. I got a note in the box from Reggie @ Turbonetics saying they will include it when my ECU is shipped back to me. No sweat. I'm just glad Reggie was able to help get the kit out asap when the v-band clamps were in.

I plan on updating this thread as the install progresses with pics of the kit before, during, and after the install. I've got a friend with a good camera and a nice open strip of road for videos when the kit is installed as well. The install is being done by Martin at XAT Racing here in Tampa and will start next week and we will hopefully have the car up and running by next Friday.

If all goes well the car should be out next weekend at the Sonic on Hillsborough, and at the tamparacing.com BBQ.

Here are the pics. They're all pretty self explanatory. Pic #7 is of the nefarious band clamps (hah). Pic #8 is of all the piping in the box. I didn't take it out cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to pack it back in. And, the last one is of me holding the turbo like a complete dork so you can get an idea of the actual size.
Attached Thumbnails My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics01.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics02.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics03.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics04.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics05.jpg  

Last edited by taurran; 05-26-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
taurran

more pics.
Attached Thumbnails My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics06.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics07.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics08.jpg   My Turbonetics ST Install Thread-turbonetics09.jpg  
Old 05-26-2005, 08:07 AM
GQ 350z

I'm not worthy! Congratulations!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:10 AM
backagain

time to change the sig now
Old 05-26-2005, 08:56 AM
dirtroad

Wow - it has it's own motor oil?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:03 AM
SirJonnyWispit

well mine is on the way and i cant wait to get it installed. i feel sorry for the local rich kids in the M3's and new mustangs who think they own the street. haha

edit: BTW am i the only person who requested the intercooler less the big SPEARCO painting?? TNetix was able to grant my request. nothing against spearco but i really didnt want that logo showing through the front of my veilside bumper.

Last edited by SirJonnyWispit; 05-26-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 AM
SvR350z

Nice! Im jealous.
Off topic of thread but do you collect movie posters? I seen the two hanging up in the background.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:24 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting these up man. It makes the kit seem more real now! I can't wait until mine gets here mid-next week. (I'm guessing).

That is a honkin' turbo, isn't it!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is that snail looking thing? I thought you said the pics were all self-explanitory.

Congrats...looks great!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 AM
taurran

dirtroad - yep! will the wonders never cease?

SirJonnyWispit - Yeah, I'm just going to have them install the intercooler with the Spearco logo facing inward. Both ends of it are the exact same and I'm pretty sure it can be mounted both ways.

SvR350z - I have 5 of them in my living room and some in my study. I don't really collect them, but I have a bunch for some of my favorite movies.

kcobean - Yeah it's definitely substantial. It's pretty darn heavy too. The entire kit in the box weighed about 108~ lbs. That's including all of the packaging, of course.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:53 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by gq_626
What is that snail looking thing? I thought you said the pics were all self-explanitory.

Congrats...looks great!
That, ser, is a turbocharger. I can see you are new to the forums so I will let you off easy this time.

and... thanks!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
SPRacing

DID you pay extra for shipping so it will arrrive earlier? Im going crazy here....waiting for my turbo
Old 05-26-2005, 10:42 AM
snapb1

Pretty freakin' impressive!!! How many hours is the normal install on the kit? A buddy of mine is saving up for his and wants us to install it ourselves...

I am looking forward to pics and vids!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:16 AM
taurran

SPRacing - Yeah I payed $160 or so total for shipping, which was about $80 more than ground. This was a special request by me.

snapb1 - The kit is supposed to be about a 10-12 hour install, and you do NOT have to pull the motor. There should be absolutely no problem for someone with decent technical ability to install it with a basic set of automotive tools, and a lift would definitely help.

I'm having it installed professionaly, as I don't even have a garage, much less a lift.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Phatmitzu

Beautiful snail! Congrats!

Whats the dimension of the Spearco intercooler??
Old 05-26-2005, 11:50 AM
tig488

you mean you have the kit in hand and your car isnt up on jackstands yet? are you nuts?

looks good, let us know how it goes.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by taurran
more pics.
taurran,
Thank you for buying one of our single turbo systems for your Z. I hope you were happy with what you received so far...the real smiles start after the install and that first feeling of boooost...then whoosh from the by-pass valve...as you shift up and booost...again...accelerating to 55 mph of course...

Please provide some feedback on your experience with the system, overall quality of the parts you received, packaging protection, installation instructions and the performance. Your feedback helps us make better products.

Thanks again.

Brad
Old 05-26-2005, 12:01 PM
SvR350z

Hey
Brad, How well does this kit work with stock internals?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
taurran

Phatmitzu - I'm at work right now so I'll have to measure the core when I get home tonight.

tig - I'm at work. I live in an appt so can't do any serious work out in the parking lot. I know its hard but I'm trying to be patient for the install next week. I CAN'T WAIT.

Brad - Thanks for the reply! It's good to see Turbonetics staff here on the forums. I'll make sure to give plenty of feedback on the kit. I wanted to let you know that Reggie is doing a great job in customer service. I was unhappy with how the deal was going until I personally contacted Reggie and he helped set things straight. Give him a raise or something cause he deserves it!

SvR350z - The kit is designed to run at the stock 8psi on stock internals. The few I've seen with the kit installed has been running stock internals with no problems whatsoever.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Turbonetics

Originally Posted by SvR350z
Hey
Brad, How well does this kit work with stock internals?
SvR350z,
The system works very well with stock internals, the system was designed around the limitations of the stock engine. We came to market with the system designed to make 380-ish WHP because the engine limitations.

Brad

Quick Reply: My Turbonetics ST Install Thread