Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kinetix SSV Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:41 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Could it be that the gains seen from the SSV by Kinetix were just due to extensive tuning session? If they had kept the original plenum/IM installed and did 28 pulls maybe the results would be the same?

that is the big question

I think there would still be some gains around 4k rpm and 6300 rpm and above - may or may not be TONS of gains, but it's been showing improvements in those areas on a lot of different dynos
Old 06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpc350z
Having great difficultry trying to read and see what the #'s mean but the graph is too difficult to utilize. Could you post the raw dyno sheets? Thanks
Just click on the thumbnail, the image is big. trust me. if it still looks small in your browser, hover over it with your mouse and you should get the 'expand picture' icon in the lower right.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
acg

Actually, I think the bigger question for the majority of people will be, is there enough gains to justify the price of the product. That goes for any product which is out to provide gains not just the SSV.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Could it be that the gains seen from the SSV by Kinetix were just due to extensive tuning session? If they had kept the original plenum/IM installed and did 28 pulls maybe the results would be the same?
Not sure if the result would be the same. There are some gains from the plenum, no question, but its nearly impossible to determine, becuase several changes were made. It's just too much time and effort for many shops or customers to do the back to back testing....correctly. It's essentially two full tuning jobs, and nobody wants to pay for that. And I dont blame them. I feel it's the manufacturers job to prove the gains on their product, and I am still skeptical of the 55whp Kentixs claims in the advertising material. It's not a fair assessement, when the base tune was aweful.

It would be the same thing, if CP took McDuck's original tune, and then fine tuned it, and said he made 50whp as a result of the plenum...not a fair evalution.

Each tuner has to decide, after consulting with the customer, at what point to stop. Each customer has a different risk tolerance, and the tune McDuck got was a very solid safe tune. There is certainly another 20-30whp available, but we all agreed the tune he left with is safer...as still very powerful.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Barzten1

Here's the numbers I got with my SSV and Vortech. It is safe to say you need to tune the SSV. I'm pleased!
Attached Thumbnails Kinetix SSV Dyno Results-dyno-05-397whp.jpg  
Old 06-24-2005, 06:02 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Not sure if the result would be the same. There are some gains from the plenum, no question, but its nearly impossible to determine, becuase several changes were made. It's just too much time and effort for many shops or customers to do the back to back testing....correctly. It's essentially two full tuning jobs, and nobody wants to pay for that. And I dont blame them. I feel it's the manufacturers job to prove the gains on their product, and I am still skeptical of the 55whp Kentixs claims in the advertising material. It's not a fair assessement, when the base tune was aweful.

It would be the same thing, if CP took McDuck's original tune, and then fine tuned it, and said he made 50whp as a result of the plenum...not a fair evalution.

Each tuner has to decide, after consulting with the customer, at what point to stop. Each customer has a different risk tolerance, and the tune McDuck got was a very solid safe tune. There is certainly another 20-30whp available, but we all agreed the tune he left with is safer...as still very powerful.
100% agree! Again, thank you to Eric and Ralph at CPRacing and Sharif for helping me get exactly where I wanted with my most recent tuning session!

edit: sidebar to Sharif... I hardly think the run to the graphics place qualifies as a "ride" in your Z. Still have to get a ride with the boost turned up sometime...

Last edited by mcduck; 06-24-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcduck
edit: sidebar to Sharif... I hardly think the run to the graphics place qualifies as a "ride" in your Z. Still have to get a ride with the boost turned up sometime...
Yeah, I think 100 yards doesnt qualify as a "ride". Anytime Andy...lets go for a drive, and maybe we can trade cars??