Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Gary how is this possible, if the EU no longer has a USB-A port..just the squarish looking USB-B port. The e-01 brain has the squarish one too. So do you just get a dual USB-B wire and that's it?

please clarify. They told me it wouldnt work at this point.
hmmm...the plot thickens
Old 07-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Gman2004

Sharif,

I was going to go with the HKS V Pro, but I found out that cruise control will no longer work so I am having second thoughts. I have RC 550's and TS flashed my injectors to 550's. Will I have to flash back down to a smaller injectors in order to tune the with the EU? Also what else besides the EU would I need to purchase for all the features on the EU to work?

I currently have the Emanage Blue with timing harness, injector harness, pressure sensor harness, and RPM singal adapter installed on my car.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:11 PM
7 eleven

Gary how is this possible, if the EU no longer has a USB-A port..just the squarish looking USB-B port. The e-01 brain has the squarish one too. So do you just get a dual USB-B wire and that's it?

please clarify. They told me it wouldnt work at this point.
Your right, it was a miss understanding regarding which emange we were discussing. We were talking about several things during the same conversion and I misunderstood what he was referring to.

Sharif was correct about the incompatibility of the two units. And there are no plans in the works to change that for right now. Sorry about the confusion.

Gary
Old 07-26-2005, 04:28 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke to Greddy USA today and they confirmed that the E-01 will not work with the EU because it is a completley diffrent program/ interface and there will be no firmware that will make the current E-01 compatible with the E-Manage
Old 07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
IceY2K1Max

That "extra" jumper was JP18, correct?

Also, if you have a chance to ask Greddy, could you ask them how to configure the UE with the Multi Switching System to "adjust the ignition timing when the MSS activates the optional output" per the OM page#15?

I'd like to make the UE retard timing on N20 activation. I'm also wondering if the MSS can make the UE switch to the #2 fuel&timing maps instead of manually have to flip the dip switches.

Thanks.

I also corrected one improper dip switch setting. When you get your units. You will see there are 6 dip switches for the injectors, plus one "extra" switch that also needs to be set to the "open"position. After doing that, the car runs perfectly.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 PM
lucidazn

I've read from somewhere that you can toggle switch to shift between two sets of tuning maps.. is this true?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lucidazn
I've read from somewhere that you can toggle switch to shift between two sets of tuning maps.. is this true?

Yes, you can do this. Either via switch, or via the dip switches on the unit.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by IceY2K1Max
That "extra" jumper was JP18, correct?

Also, if you have a chance to ask Greddy, could you ask them how to configure the UE with the Multi Switching System to "adjust the ignition timing when the MSS activates the optional output" per the OM page#15?

I'd like to make the UE retard timing on N20 activation. I'm also wondering if the MSS can make the UE switch to the #2 fuel&timing maps instead of manually have to flip the dip switches.

Thanks.
Yes on the jumper setting. I will ask greddy about your question. I do know the MSS can activate the different maps, without having to switch the dip switches...I know that for certain.

At the end of the day, its going to take all of us with the EU installed to really vet out all the various features and combinations of features that are available to us. You will recall that even with the eManage blue, we were making new discoveries all the time.
Just order one, and play with it.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 AM
IceY2K1Max

I do know the MSS can activate the different maps, without having to switch the dip switches...I know that for certain.
Can you explain more details on how you know or what you know?

At the end of the day, its going to take all of us with the EU installed to really vet out all the various features and combinations of features that are available to us. You will recall that even with the eManage blue, we were making new discoveries all the time.
Just order one, and play with it.
Yes, and I will.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Can you explain more details on how you know or what you know?

Yes, and I will.

Becuase it has the setup features in the software.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
IceY2K1Max

I see the "External Switch" in the Front Panel under OPTION1, you think that switches the maps?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
cquence 350 [Z]

Sharif, I will have to hold on my order. I have to see if Ted from Scott Performance can get my car running safely with the Unichip. I will let you know if I need it.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I see the "External Switch" in the Front Panel under OPTION1, you think that switches the maps?
Its to the left of Option 1....yes...that is where you will plug in your switch.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ho do we update the firmware once the new one is available?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XBS
Ho do we update the firmware once the new one is available?

I have a self extracting file. Its much easier this time. Once you install the support tool sofware, you just run this new firware program. Then, when you connect to the EU, it will automatically prompt you to update.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Gman2004

I am back in. Just placed an order on your website for EU, supp harness, autosport wiring harness, and boost pressure sensor harness.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Peking

Sharif, you guys did all the installing of this and the tuning at the shop I went to on Monday right?

Cause if so put my name on that Group Buy list, and we would need to schedule for me to make another trip up there
Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Peking
Sharif, you guys did all the installing of this and the tuning at the shop I went to on Monday right?

Cause if so put my name on that Group Buy list, and we would need to schedule for me to make another trip up there
Thats correct. We'd love to have you again.

Go ahead and place your order on the website, in the engine management section. You will need the EU, the complete harness, and in the comments section, tell me you want the pressure sensor as well...since you will need that too. You might want to consider the autosport wiring harness as well, as it makes for a much cleaner install, and the ability to return to stock without hacking up the stock harness. That item is listen in the "Engine Management" section as well, and is GB priced at $270 shipped.

www.forgedinternals.com/store
Old 07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Just an FYI....inventory is arriving today, and I am just waiting on some pressure sensor harnesses which will be hear on Friday. I have a few AutoSports in stock, and more coming next week, so orders will begin trickling out this week, and the rest next week, depending on the items that were on your order.

Just wanted to keep everyone thoroughly updated.

GB pricing will end on Monday!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Peking

Thats correct. We'd love to have you again.
Go ahead and place your order on the website, in the engine management section. You will need the EU, the complete harness, and in the comments section, tell me you want the pressure sensor as well...since you will need that too. You might want to consider the autosport wiring harness as well, as it makes for a much cleaner install, and the ability to return to stock without hacking up the stock harness. That item is listen in the "Engine Management" section as well, and is GB priced at $270 shipped.
www.forgedinternals.com/store
Ok so...

eManage Ultimate Main Unit
eManage Ulimate Complete Harness
AutoSport Wiring Harness for 350Z/G35
Pressure Sensor (Harness)?

Alright, might be able to sign up for the Emanage ultimate by the end of the week. The rest might have to wait a little while... Damn bills and me checking this thread so late

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!