Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ultimate--Crank Signal OK'ed and Installation Pointers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:29 AM
IceY2K1Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharif,

Did you ever get it running off either the ignition or tach input on any version? If so, any CEL or P1320 code by chance?

Also, you mentioned previously that you had burnt a few coils IIRC, did that happen with the Ultimate and the cam/crank/tach signal hooked up together?

Last edited by IceY2K1Max; 08-29-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
av6

Very interesting
Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

i just installed e-manage ultimate (thx for all of the guidance sharif)...
i wired in the autosport harness (returned my original harness to stock configuration) and got evrything working...

i basically tried to type in my e-manage blue fule map and timing map as close as i could (but now on the y-axis of the map, i am using psi--tuning in approximately 1 pound increments)
after starting my car yesterday, it idled at about 1100rpm, getting warmed up as usual...A/F was normal for idle, around 14.3-14.7...as soon as the car seemed to get warm and the idle slowly dropped down to a more normal location, the a/f went pig rich, and the car sputtered off and died...i havent tried starting the car too many times, didnt want to wash out the rings or further stress my sensors with the rich idle condition...
i havent had much time to play with the settings yet, but if you have hooked up emanage ultimate, could u please share what method you used to scale the injectors (please be very specific and describe EXACTLY what menu or drop down box you were in to find such setting)
please share as many details as possible, i am a bit paranoid to drive my car until i get it leaned out, and i don't have a lot of time today to experiemnt around

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IceY2K1Max
Sharif,

Did you ever get it running off either the ignition or tach input on any version? If so, any CEL or P1320 code by chance?

Also, you mentioned previously that you had burnt a few coils IIRC, did that happen with the Ultimate and the cam/crank/tach signal hooked up together?

I ran it off ignition with the older version of the firware. No error codes.

When upgraded to 1.06, I ran it off the crank angle sensor, and works fine as well.

The burn coils were not on the EU, but with the blue...doing some experimentation with the wiring.

Todd, scale the injectors with the MAF adjustment table for now. -40% across the board. I have found that the scaling the injectors with pulse width reduction only works so a certain point. But with much larger injectors..such as 550-750CC, they dont like the fire at much less than 2.0ms. If you scale them too much via IPW reduction, they tend to sputter. With MAF correction, they tend to run much smoother.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
IceY2K1Max

Thanks Sharif.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:14 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I ran it off ignition with the older version of the firware. No error codes.

When upgraded to 1.06, I ran it off the crank angle sensor, and works fine as well.

The burn coils were not on the EU, but with the blue...doing some experimentation with the wiring.

Todd, scale the injectors with the MAF adjustment table for now. -40% across the board. I have found that the scaling the injectors with pulse width reduction only works so a certain point. But with much larger injectors..such as 550-750CC, they dont like the fire at much less than 2.0ms. If you scale them too much via IPW reduction, they tend to sputter. With MAF correction, they tend to run much smoother.
i need some spare time to go try this out. i am running 660's and i want to say it is going to 1.2ms at idle. maybe this will cure some of my issues. i have come down to black magic and wizardry to get my car sorted. i actually stuff an action figure in the exhaust when i leave my shop to go in and fight all the gremlins in the motor, hahahahha. think it pisses him off though when i forget to pull him out and start the motor and shoot him across the shop. seems to work occasionally. yes, i do drink alot when at my shop. hahaha
Old 08-30-2005, 09:26 AM
overZealous1

ooops, just went and checked a saved datalog, and it is actually about 1.9ms at 650-700rpm.