Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ARC front mount oil cooler with turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:34 AM
jdx911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARC front mount oil cooler with turbo kit

Is anyone using the ARC front mount oil cooler with their turbo kit? How much area does the cooler take up? How much will it affect the efficiency of the intercooler?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

+1
Old 09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
barthelb
Master

Im using a 300zx oil cooler that is mounted in my finder well via an air duct made by ABS plastic. This piece of plastic is next to the intercooler and routes air to the oil cooler. I don't have an oil temp guage to give you a reading yet but one is in the works.

Originally Posted by jdx911
Is anyone using the ARC front mount oil cooler with their turbo kit? How much area does the cooler take up? How much will it affect the efficiency of the intercooler?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:48 PM
amolaver

Originally Posted by barthelb
Im using a 300zx oil cooler that is mounted in my finder well via an air duct made by ABS plastic. This piece of plastic is next to the intercooler and routes air to the oil cooler. I don't have an oil temp guage to give you a reading yet but one is in the works.
i'm probably going to roll my own oil cooler, but would love to see pics of this install. any chance you can share?

ahm
Old 09-30-2005, 03:27 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ntech Engineering has a 350z oil cooler kit which is well priced (US$575), they said they can create a duct similar to the Japanese Nismo cooler at a small fee.

http://www.ntechengineering.com/inde...=1&model_id=10

They use one on their 350zTT race car. They had to do alot of experimenting with the front bumper etc to get temps down on the track. So they should know what will work and what wont.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making your own is the least expensive solution. And just as effective.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
jdx911

First off, the ntechenginnering site has very good information regarding their build of their 350z.

My current oil cooler setup (Greddy Supra oil cooler) is much like their setup (http://www.ntechengineering.com/images/DCP_0192.JPG) with the oil cooler in front of the intercooler. I have not noticed any increase of water temp but I have not tracked the car either. So I guess my I will keep the my current setup and change the front bumper to something with a little more flow and add some ducting to the radiator.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:52 PM
002-M-P

Say we wanted to put one of these together DIY style. Could anyone point in the right direction to a good oil cooler to use (new/used) and the proper hose sizes?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:29 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got a part # list from some time ago when i considered putting together a kit for sale. I have a thermostatic valve that fits the VQ and goes right under the oil filter. I have all the stuff here buried somewhere. ill see if i can dig it up.

I am installing it soon, its going to go above the intercooler behind the nissan badge that I am cutting out, into a rectangle shape, and replacing with a black mesh.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
ive got a part # list from some time ago when i considered putting together a kit for sale. I have a thermostatic valve that fits the VQ and goes right under the oil filter. I have all the stuff here buried somewhere. ill see if i can dig it up.

I am installing it soon, its going to go above the intercooler behind the nissan badge that I am cutting out, into a rectangle shape, and replacing with a black mesh.

Phunk: Did you break into my secret labortory? I have considered the same location, etc. However, in my last mental plan, I thought of maybe putting a lamovar cooler in there, in combo with a PE radiator. Your thoughts on the lamovar?
Old 10-02-2005, 06:19 AM
002-M-P

What about using a water cooled oil cooler, so you don't have to worry about where you mount it and airflow like this one...

http://www.bakerprecision.com/aqp10.htm

Not sure of any cons of this type of oil cooler, but thought I would through the idea out there
Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
CESAROTORRES

Default Interesting

Subscribing!
Old 10-15-2005, 07:16 PM
amolaver

maybe this is a stupid question, but 15 minutes of google and no luck. what is the thread pitch of the oil filter boss? i want to order a sandwich plate, but don't know what to ask for. i tried finding out the thread pitch of the pl14610 i use, but purolator's site isn't giving me any real data.

anyone know the oil filter thread pitch?

ahm
Old 10-15-2005, 07:55 PM
G3po

Originally Posted by amolaver
maybe this is a stupid question, but 15 minutes of google and no luck. what is the thread pitch of the oil filter boss? i want to order a sandwich plate, but don't know what to ask for. i tried finding out the thread pitch of the pl14610 i use, but purolator's site isn't giving me any real data.

anyone know the oil filter thread pitch?

ahm
You can use one of the several sizes of B&M trans or oil coolers to do the trick . They are priced right , do a good job and are very durable.
Summit and Jegs both carry them.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:25 PM
amolaver

Originally Posted by G3po
You can use one of the several sizes of B&M trans or oil coolers to do the trick . They are priced right , do a good job and are very durable.
Summit and Jegs both carry them.
i'm not sure if it wasn't clear what i was asking for, or whether i'm not understanding what you're saying

what i'm trying to find out is which of the 'sandwich adapters' i should order from this page (there are two products shown, a 4 way thermostat, and the sandwich w/thermostat - i'm looking for the latter). is it an 18mm? 20? 3/4 16?

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/mocal.htm

ahm

Last edited by amolaver; 10-15-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:51 AM
ether

here are some pics..http://350tuner.chainreactionweb.com...roducts_id=165

note the front bumper is not the stock unit.. I'll have pics of the setup you are looking for (stock bumper, aps IC and ARC oil cooler) later in november when i get around to installing it
Old 11-25-2005, 06:12 AM
CESAROTORRES

Default Arc, Aps

Originally Posted by ether
here are some pics..http://350tuner.chainreactionweb.com...roducts_id=165

note the front bumper is not the stock unit.. I'll have pics of the setup you are looking for (stock bumper, aps IC and ARC oil cooler) later in november when i get around to installing it
Hello Ether!

Did you have a chance to take pictures? (stock bumper, aps IC and ARC oil cooler).

Thank You!
Cesar
Old 11-25-2005, 07:47 AM
ether

getting the Z back sometime next week.. the oil cooler install is done, mechanic still has to install another item before getting it back..

some trimming of the front bumper was needed (expecting this - probably going to look very very rough, but doesn`t matter will get that taken care of later), will take pics once i get it back
Old 01-29-2006, 04:15 AM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by ether
getting the Z back sometime next week.. the oil cooler install is done, mechanic still has to install another item before getting it back..

some trimming of the front bumper was needed (expecting this - probably going to look very very rough, but doesn`t matter will get that taken care of later), will take pics once i get it back
Ether,

Any pics?

THX!
Cesar