Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Eliminateing MAF With Autotune Setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:16 AM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eliminateing MAF With Autotune Setup

OK I'm getting a P0102, Low voltage on AF. After looking through the service manual, it shows there is a low voltage.

Looking at the data logger there is a voltage on both input and output graphs. That narrows it down to having an intake air leak.

Im working backwards to find the problem. I'm gonna cap off the plenum nipple to see If I clear the code. If yes then its some where in the sensor array. Then I'll step through it. Checking each leg and sensor. Hopefuly its not the new sensor I put on.

Here's the big thing, how do I eliminate the MAF sensor with the EU and not send the car into limp mode? Limping it SUCK A$$!

So any help?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:58 AM
redline350ZZ

Is the Plenum cap going to a gauge??? you had it going to your boost gauge right???? I know I had a vacume leak and it was loud as !#$% but it didnt trip any codes for me.......do you hear any whistles?????

you should only have 3 vaccume lines right now at the plenum....back passenger side and the one u tap'd...... and the crank case but thats a Big line

you can try the TB learning procedure to verify its moving all the way...I'll look for the steps.....

Phat had a problem with his MAF...maybe this will help...

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/154095-car-boogs-stalls-went-into-safe-mode-what-to-check-for.html

Last edited by redline350ZZ; 11-28-2005 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

punish, have you selected the Airflow Output map? Make sure you have not....

Honestly, there is little reason to eliminate or completed disregard the MAF sensor, but it can be done with the EU.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:43 PM
punish_her

So tried leak checking all the new system... NADA Still throwin a P0102. So I capped the port..... NADA Still P0102. So I unplugged the EU. No P0102.

WTF???? I checked all the wiring every thing is good. MAF showing 1.39V at Idel and 2.4V at 2500... So the MAF is good.

Been looking at all the feeds, speed, RPM, hell every thing. They are all showing good. I'm stumped. Must be something in the setup. IJ adjust was selected thats it. Im positively baffeled.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Try doing the injector scaling by used the airflow adjustment map. Put -45 in all of the cells in that table. Sometimes the INJ scaling causes some weirdness with larger injectors. Zero out the INJ scaling for now.

And make sure the Airflow Output map is NOT selected at all. It should not be in your map tree.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Try doing the injector scaling by used the airflow adjustment map. Put -45 in all of the cells in that table. Sometimes the INJ scaling causes some weirdness with larger injectors. Zero out the INJ scaling for now.

And make sure the Airflow Output map is NOT selected at all. It should not be in your map tree.

I have stock injectors so I don't think I need the scalling. I'll plug it back in here in a few and see what I can do. Looking at starting from a blank program I saved. So any basic setup suggestions?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i havent read this whole thread nor do i understand exactly what your trying to do... but from what i quickly gather, are you sure that your not getting a code since the MAF also has an air temp sensor in it, and its not getting a signal from that now?

Perhaps you accidently set your MAF output signal to the ECUS air intake temp input (which is also 0-5v) and thats why you have the P0102 rather then a P0112?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by punish_her
I have stock injectors so I don't think I need the scalling. I'll plug it back in here in a few and see what I can do. Looking at starting from a blank program I saved. So any basic setup suggestions?
LOL...I see the injectors are in your "waiting to install list"...my bad.

I can email you a good basic parameter file if you need one. shoot me an email at sharif@forgedinternals.com to remind me tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by phunk
i havent read this whole thread nor do i understand exactly what your trying to do... but from what i quickly gather, are you sure that your not getting a code since the MAF also has an air temp sensor in it, and its not getting a signal from that now?

Perhaps you accidently set your MAF output signal to the ECUS air intake temp input (which is also 0-5v) and thats why you have the P0102 rather then a P0112?
Nope It was running fine saturday. Sunday I added the auto setup and every thing started going down hill. I set up the 2 step and auto tune.... yeah started stuttering at 4.5k under hard acceleration. Then later P0102 came up. and limping it. I set the option on the front panel for 0-5 volts for the af guage. cant mess that one up. it says AF meter.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:50 PM
punish_her

LOL...I see the injectors are in your "waiting to install list"...my bad.

I can email you a good basic parameter file if you need one. shoot me an email at sharif@forgedinternals.com to remind me tomorrow.
Sure thing, I'll shoot you a line in the morning. thanks.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:14 PM
punish_her

Ok now I'm realy scratching my head.

So for the past several days I've been trying to trouble shoot my P0102 problem.

I tried Sharifs basic set up map, Nada. Same results. I tried setting up from scratch, NADA 2. I unplugged the reutrned my set up back to the way I had it prior to my Defi gauge install when I know it was working 100%. We have NADA 3. Hell I even tried double checking all the wiring and continuity, every thing was fine. All input & output voltages are fine.

So I plugged all my vaccuum hoses back into the sensor and into the plenum, Started the car to throw the P0102. I unplugged the EU and hooked up the ECU (didn't manualy clear the code). BAM!!! P0102 is gone.

WTF???

So could the EU be bad? Now I'm p!ssed and confused.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:14 PM
punish_her

Default Out of the frying pan...

I saw there was an updat I thought I missed so I check my software. had 1.08 so I updated to 1.09, installed it in the EU. Well now the thing wont start withe the new update.

Can it get any worse... oh wait I havn't fried the coils yet. Watch for it soon . Any Ideas?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does the 1.09 let you set the ignition timing?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:27 PM
punish_her

I cant tell you any thing about it. It made my EU **** the bed.

Now I have to figure out how to get it running then how to fix my orriginal problem.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 PM
overZealous1

another forum member found this and posted it about a week ago. as far as i have heard, the 1.06 update is the last one that will be compatible with the eu and the vq35. i tried the 1.08, but it won't update on my main unit, luckily as it seems it won't do nothing anyways.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...ate_record.html
Old 12-01-2005, 10:57 PM
mistaboosta

get rid of those eu craps
Old 12-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Punish...you said this code is for low voltage AF (as in air fuel or air flow)? I dont have the service manual in front of me to check...but is this related to an 02 sensor?

How does the car run otherwise?
Old 12-02-2005, 07:23 AM
punish_her

Punish...you said this code is for low voltage AF (as in air fuel or air flow)? I dont have the service manual in front of me to check...but is this related to an 02 sensor?

How does the car run otherwise?

Nope page EC 176-- DTC P0102

It says harness, air leak or bad MAF. I eliminated all three. Car runs fine with out EU attached, only a lean code is thrown. (due to the exhaust and test pipes) With EU attached it pops engine light, slip and VCD. Engine cut is set to 2400RPM.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

what is your MAF voltage input and output. You can view it on the datalogging screen, after selecting it with the setup tab.

Lemme know. Input and Output should be the same.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 AM
overZealous1

do you still have the a/f target map set up? does the datalogging show the same figure as the a/f gauge through the eu? if not then the conversion isn't right and the eu may be trying to use that info and internally cutting alot of the maf signal to try to match what it thinks your a/f gauge is outputing. it may not show up in datalogging when the eu is adjusting for the a/f target map.
maybe try hooking the eu up and don't choose any maps and see if you still get a prob.

Quick Reply: Eliminateing MAF With Autotune Setup