Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

~Turbo Systems~

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I do not know why you are sooo combative Relax man.

Cool, sounds great, bring your car from MN. to any, or all of the track days we attend and you will see for yourself. In fact let me know if there is any way I can help you out with doing that (I would LOVE to). Until then try being a little less argumentative, nobody is out to get you...or your well put together TT kit........I promise .Hahaha!
I love the fact that you like to poke at my MN roots. Beyond that, I love your misleading posts on the forums and refusal to release specs on a setup when asked.

I think the JWT looks to be a great setup upon it's final release.

My issue with your shop is somewhat beside the point. I just don't like the fact that I have only two options at this point for install of the kit. One on the East coast which seems to be doing a fine job, and one on the West coast that seems to be putting out a fine product as well, but their presence on the boards is less then professional IMO -> ie, misleading information and keeping specs quiet - but we all know you are keeping your mouth shut as a personal favor to mr. Wolf.

I have a better idea, let the owners of the kit come on here and hype the great work you do for you like the Peformance Motorsports guys do. I have serious reservations and issues with a company coming and hyping a prototype kit the way you guys have.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
well said. i would love to see a little scott vs zivman on the track... make sure to get some video.

Me come to California? Get real.....with your CARB BS, proposition 65, 91 octane fuel, and the list goes on. If I want to head to warmer weather, I will head over to Hawaii
Old 02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
Me come to California? Get real.....with your CARB BS, proposition 65, 91 octane fuel, and the list goes on. If I want to head to warmer weather, I will head over to Hawaii

you dont have to abide by carb rules at the track.... or even on the street with out of state plates...

i would love to see this little aps vs jwt thing go head to head where it matters, the track
Old 02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by pope_usaf
you dont have to abide by carb rules at the track.... or even on the street with out of state plates...

i would love to see this little aps vs jwt thing go head to head where it matters, the track
Call up Scott Performance, maybe bigbri or Marluci7 or someone else can meet up with you. I have no desire at all to go to Cali again. Been there before.

Besides, if I headed out there, I would most likely run into all the TN guys as well. We are kind of like oil and water - don't think we would mix too well
Old 02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Oleg
I knew it would be a matter of time before the arguments on which TT is better, APS or JWT would spark up....
When comparing all products, it makes sense that you drive each before making assumptions on how they perform.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:42 PM
pope

Call up Scott Performance, maybe bigbri or Marluci7 or someone else can meet up with you. I have no desire at all to go to Cali again. Been there before.

Besides, if I headed out there, I would most likely run into all the TN guys as well. We are kind of like oil and water - don't think we would mix too well

If i had the JWT kit i would be more than happy to meet up.... but i dont yet. It will be a couple more months before i make my decision. I would just love to see an APS car go against scott in his JWT car on the track. Im intersted to see what would happen....
Old 02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by zland
When comparing all products, it makes sense that you drive each before making assumptions on how they perform.
thanks for the tip

I have a suggestion for VRT. Release one of your kits to a shop like GRD in IL. You find a buyer in that area and have the kit installed by a shop in IL - (there are a few to choose from), and I will head down there on the 17th of next month with another local of mine running a APS ST. I'll track down a Greddy TT owner and a TN ST owner and do my own little shootout between the kits. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but if I get behind the wheel of a JWT setup and it works it's magical spells on me like it seems to do who ever gets within 100 yards of it, then I will be more than happy to sing it's praises like I do with the APS setup. Whatever you do though, make sure it is running an appropriate exhaust, NOT the Injen
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I love the fact that you like to poke at my MN roots. Beyond that, I love your misleading posts on the forums and refusal to release specs on a setup when asked.

I think the JWT looks to be a great setup upon it's final release.

My issue with your shop is somewhat beside the point. I just don't like the fact that I have only two options at this point for install of the kit. One on the East coast which seems to be doing a fine job, and one on the West coast that seems to be putting out a fine product as well, but their presence on the boards is less then professional IMO -> ie, misleading information and keeping specs quiet - but we all know you are keeping your mouth shut as a personal favor to mr. Wolf.

I have a better idea, let the owners of the kit come on here and hype the great work you do for you like the Peformance Motorsports guys do. I have serious reservations and issues with a company coming and hyping a prototype kit the way you guys have.
Fair enough .
This "last" post of yours makes alot of sence and I respect that.
Thanks.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Zivman

Fair enough .
This "last" post of yours makes alot of sence and I respect that.
Thanks.
As I stated, release a JWT kit to a shop near me, I am sure with all the hype, you could have many buyers eager to get their hands on it. I am sure there are atleast two shops in the chicago area that could install it to your standards
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Well put ..............+1.......100%
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Zivman

Well put ..............+1.......100%

Again, thanks for the magical insight
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Even if all the kits were put on a track, unless a professional driver was used and all other mods were even on each car, there would still be some variables. The problem is most people mod their cars inaddition to putting on a turbo. This one was of the issues we had to deal with when comparing the kits.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Zland

Even if all the kits were put on a track, unless a professional driver was used and all other mods were even on each car, there would still be some variables. The problem is most people mod their cars inaddition to putting on a turbo. This one was of the issues we had to deal with when comparing the kits.
Zland:

Would it be correct in saying that in the comparision, a major factor was
and is:
The amount of power delivered under the curve of the tourque range.

This would be the question.

Cheers Amy -
Old 02-06-2006, 09:00 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

As I stated, release a JWT kit to a shop near me, I am sure with all the hype, you could have many buyers eager to get their hands on it. I am sure there are atleast two shops in the chicago area that could install it to your standards
I would love to, but it is not up to me on who gets this kit, Jim W. has the final say on that. (installers and tuners that he trusts, I guess) I (We) are not allowed to just get a kit and send it out. We have to install and tune and check everything and go over it thoroughly before sending the car out.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by AmyCroft
Zland:

Would it be correct in saying that in the comparision, a major factor was
and is:
The amount of power delivered under the curve of the tourque range.

This would be the question.

Cheers Amy -
That is one of the factors. I am not going to speak for others if it is the most important factor but it is certainly one you can feel when you drive it.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:03 PM
georgec

The problem is most people mod their cars inaddition to putting on a turbo. This one was of the issues we had to deal with when comparing the kits.
Seems to me if you're going to test a twin turbo kit that the kit should be tested as supplied by the manufacturer - this way you really see what your getting for your $$$ spent, a true back to back comparison not an apple vs orange comparison.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by georgec
Seems to me if you're going to test a twin turbo kit that the kit should be tested as supplied by the manufacturer - this way you really see what your getting for your $$$ spent, a true back to back comparison not an apple vs orange comparison.
In a perfect world that is the best option. Often times in the real world, the ideal may not be achieved. Budgets, timelines, availibility of test cars/products are some of the things that can prevent it from happening.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:11 PM
georgec

In a perfect world that is the best option. Often times in the real world, the ideal may not be achieved. Budgets, timelines, availibility of test cars/products are some of the things that can prevent it from happening.
All of the above is true though if you don't run products as provided/delivered by the manufacturer how can any car enthusiast draw any meaningful conclusion from the report. If you can't run the tests professionally (like a pro car magazine) then don't run them at all as this only misleads the general public imho.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:23 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by georgec
All of the above is true though if you don't run products as provided/delivered by the manufacturer how can any car enthusiast draw any meaningful conclusion from the report. If you can't run the tests professionally (like a pro car magazine) then don't run them at all as this only misleads the general public imho.
There will be variations, that is my point. The point isnt if there are going to be vaiations but how you address them when they occur. In the case of our test, we strived to get the cars as stock as we could find and were there were variables we addressed them. For example, when installing a turbonetics kit, it did not come with a cat, the others could, does that mean we should not run cats on the others to make it even?

Even with variations such as aftermaket exhaust, it does not change the character of each kit. If you feel our test mislead the public, be more specific in how? I stand by my point that the comments we made about each kit is right on point and adding this exhaust or that one etc would not change anything. If you think the point of the article was only peak hp of a dyno, then you missed the entire goal of the article. In addition, I hope that most consumers look for more than that quality alone.

Last edited by zland; 02-06-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:36 PM
georgec

Even with variations such as aftermaket exhaust, it does not change the character of each kit.
I can't believe you said that. The amount of exhaust gas flow and exhaust back pressure in any given exhaust system has a huge bearing on the way a turbocharger spools and the amount of torque and power that a turbo engine produces.

Quick Reply: ~Turbo Systems~