Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

~Turbo Systems~

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
MFAnello350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~Turbo Systems~

Hey guys, just wanted to know what to look for?
only want tha best..i got an '04 touring A/T wit 19,XXX miles and wanted to do turbos....which is better? single or twin? and what brand? friend of mine told me APS...but i really dont know too much...so if u would please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks...
Old 01-29-2006, 06:16 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JWT turbo kits... simply one of the most complete and make the most power

Last edited by D350Z10; 01-29-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 PM
zman1910

JWT is NOT complete. Please do not post false info. It retains the stock injectors and does not have a fuel return. Thats not to say it is a bad kit...just not complete. The APS TT is the MOST complete of any kit out there...
Old 01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
JETPILOT

What are your power goals?

Respect
JET
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by zman1910
JWT is NOT complete. Please do not post false info. It retains the stock injectors and does not have a fuel return. Thats not to say it is a bad kit...just not complete. The APS TT is the MOST complete of any kit out there...
If you read what I said ONE of the most complete kits... and that has the best reviews and everything. So check your facts!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by D350Z10
If you read what I said ONE of the most complete kits... and that has the best reviews and everything. So check your facts!
How about next time you don't edit what you posted initially. You realize we can all see that you edited your post right? So how about you get your facts straight and also realize we all aren't blind... Based on whats not included in the kit...I wouldn't even say it is ONE of the most complete kits.

Where exactly are these best reviews as well? The kit hasn't been out long enough to say its the "best" kit. Only 1 shop has been installing them(recently expanded to 2 shops) and I won't take 1 shops word on the kit. Like I said before I'll wait till the kit is available to the rest of us and then I'll make an informed decision..

Last edited by zman1910; 01-29-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
MFAnello350

well i just want sumthing that is safe and will not harm my engine...and sumthing wit Decent Hp....see alot of ppl on here wit APS...but like i said i dont know much and just want to play it safe...single or twin? still dont know...
Old 01-29-2006, 07:58 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by MFAnello350
well i just want sumthing that is safe and will not harm my engine...and sumthing wit Decent Hp....see alot of ppl on here wit APS...but like i said i dont know much and just want to play it safe...single or twin? still dont know...
It sounds like you need a ST. APS or Turbonetics should suffice. I am biased and will say APS but the only other kit you should consider is the Turbonetics version 1.5....but it will not be available for some time still. APS ST should be more than enough for your needs and it has everything you need. Make sure you get it installed an authorized shop though.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
kjbalto

I have the JWT kit installed and love it so far. I'm in NY if anybody wants to check it out. A lot of people have the JWT kit already considering it's not officially released yet and I haven't heard of one problem yet. I was going to go with either the APS or JWT but all the smoking issues with the APS scared me away and also if you needed something replaced they're in Australia. JWT can overnight any part to your shop and has done so already.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Bullitproof

I have the aps st. it was professionally installed and tuned, spits out almost 390whp(385 to be excact) and over 400ft/lbs of torque based on a dynapack. it doesnt smoke, lose boost and is a blast to drive. make your decision on your budget and whats right for you. i'm sure you'll find the answer you are looking for in this forum.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:48 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
I have the aps st. it was professionally installed and tuned, spits out almost 390whp(385 to be excact) and over 400ft/lbs of torque based on a dynapack. it doesnt smoke, lose boost and is a blast to drive. make your decision on your budget and whats right for you. i'm sure you'll find the answer you are looking for in this forum.
We had almost identical numbers..

380whp and 401lb/ft on a dynapack as well
Old 01-29-2006, 08:50 PM
MFAnello350

well the guy at MRC told me APS, but i dont know which is better for my car since its an A/T....
Old 01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

well the guy at MRC told me APS, but i dont know which is better for my car since its an A/T....
I sure hope the decision was not made simply on these limited posts and talking to one installer. Going FI is a big step cost wise and how it effects your car performance and durability wise. Take your time, read up for hours. To me, if you decide faster than one months time, ou have not looked into it enough.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:10 PM
zman1910

I wouldn't consider FI with an automatic....too many issues with the tranny. If I had to choose something I'd just choose a mild FI kit...like a stillen supercharger with no more than 320whp and torque....
Old 01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Fairlady_z33

Hi i just want to say choose which ever one you want. I have a greddy TT on my 5AT. Now here are something that you may want to watch out for.

Depending on the kit that you go with
Twins create alot of torque and RWHP since most are creating near the 370 plus area except the greddy tt that only come with 5 to 5.5 pounds only throwing you into the 320 wheel mark or so.

Singles create fair torque and HP both singles that are out now are the APS or turbonetics both in the 350's rwhp or around that area out of the box.

Superchargers create nice power but lack on torque a bit out of the box maybe same as Singles in hp but in torque they are down.

All this number that i told you vary on what mods that you have on the car the more mods the more HP and torque you get.

Are AT tranny is weak especially in 3rd and 4th they say this are the weakest clutch packs on the tranny. If you go TT your going to have tranny issues maybe except with the greddy which only brings 5 pounds of boost other kits are over 7 pounds ( I think). If you go single both kits out of the box are ok for the AT tranny. And if you go supercharger same thing as the singles they are good out of the box.

Now it all depends how you drive your car if its a daily driver and you rank on it all day its not going to last long at all no matter what FI system you have.

We AT owners are screwed right now since their isnt any mayor components for the AT tranny to hold power. Are tranny wasnt built to hold alot of power it was built just to have an AT tranny with a stick shift feel for car enthusiests now maybe if it gets built it will be a nasty tranny. But for now the only mods are Valve body and torque converter.

Hope this helps and please anyone correct me if im wrong
Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by zman1910
Wow, Zman. You seem pretty confident about your statement. Do you even have or seen a JWT kit? Not complete? It is perfectly complete for around 400 WHP/torque. BTW, you do not need a fuel return on every kit. Despite what you have heard, we do not have a return fuel system and make 500 WHP and huge torque cars without problems. THE JWT FMU works excellent and with great tuning, our cars make huge power.

MFAnello350 - As Jet Pilot stated, you need to think about your power goals FIRST.

And with an AT, if you want to make a lot of power, you will be forced to do some tranny upgrades or pay the price later. Not because of the WHP, but because of the torque.

BTW, On our built motor JWT kits, all we do is upgrade the injectors a bit and have made over 530+ WHP - 600 FT/LB of torque WITHOUT RETURN FUEL SYSTEMS. So if you are looking to make this kind of power, and with an AT, you better look into some upgrades.

Good luck and you should shop around. APS, Greddy, Turbonetics, and JWT are all excellent kits. It is not as much the kit; it is the goals of the end customer when you make a decision of how much power. Built Motors? ST or TT? Or Huge Power for bragging? Road Racing, Drag Racing? or NO LAG goals, or whatever? Not to MENTION TUNING. No kit is great WITHOUT GREAT TUNING.

Warmly,

Last edited by mraturbo; 01-30-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:36 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Wow, Zman. You seem pretty confident about your statement. Do you even have or seen a JWT kit? Not complete? It is perfectly complete for around 400 WHP/torque. BTW, you do not need a fuel return on every kit. Despite what you have heard, we do not have a return fuel system and make 500 WHP and huge torque cars without problems.
+1

What I've said all along. Whoever started the rumor that you NEED A FUEL RETURN LINE to be safe must have a nice fat wallet by now...
Old 01-30-2006, 09:48 AM
BobaFettm

dont be too scared to go FI with your AT...

Lots of people have FI on AT and seem to enjoy it! So look cheerful and find something that will fit you the best! Personally I went with the Greddy TT cuz I got it for an amazing price!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
+1

What I've said all along. Whoever started the rumor that you NEED A FUEL RETURN LINE to be safe must have a nice fat wallet by now...

Just because a few people get a way with a reflash or not running a fuel return, doesn't mean I would trust it on my car.

I think being an auto is going to limit your choices unless you want to do some tranny upgrades
Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Wow, Zman. You seem pretty confident about your statement. Do you even have or seen a JWT kit? Not complete? It is perfectly complete for around 400 WHP/torque. BTW, you do not need a fuel return on every kit. Despite what you have heard, we do not have a return fuel system and make 500 WHP and huge torque cars without problems. THE JWT FMU works excellent and with great tuning, our cars make huge power.
It has nothing to do with confidence, but rather what you all have specified is included in the kit. My definition of a complete kit, and to many others, is one that incorporates a return fuel and larger injectors. Even if you think its useless it provides a greater level of comfort for me..the customer. I don't exactly see what makes the JWT kit any better than the Greddy kit...which is labeled as a tuner kit. Anyways I don't doubt that the JWT kit is a great product but I would've at least liked to see larger injectors. I, too, will be considering this setup, with the addition of larger injectors, once it is more readily available and there are more reviews on it from shops that I trust. In the meantime i have no problem waiting...

Quick Reply: ~Turbo Systems~