Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics running rich at WOT???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:30 AM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Turbonetics running rich at WOT???

At WOT my AEM wideband AF goes from 14-16 down to 10.00. Probably lower as 10 is the lowest it would go. Should I go to Technosquare & have the ECU reflashed? Mine was previously reflashed by TS before I installed the TN so it would only be reflash charge. Has anyone done this before? I have the TN for 5AT w/ cat. Also, any danger running this low?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't bother with a reflash, get a Utec ot a EU.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Peking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Don't bother with a reflash, get a Utec ot a EU.
Yeah if you see my first threads with my Turbonetics kit (if you do a search with threads that I have done in the Forced Induction Section you will the see them at my graphs along with thoughts/theories and what I ended up doing about it), I had similar issues with going rich... Into low-mid 9's at around 5K rpm

Sent my ECU a couple of times to Technosquare, they tried to help but didn't work out.

So I went with the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate, but you can get the TurboXS UTEC now
Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

Keep in mind that the cat on your car is causing a restriction and causing the car to run a little richer. Could you get it flashed again...sure...but theres nothing wrong with being a little too rich..
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Keep in mind that the cat on your car is causing a restriction and causing the car to run a little richer. Could you get it flashed again...sure...but theres nothing wrong with being a little too rich..
Oh yeah better to be a little more rich than lean

But like in my case, damn you could feel the power tapper off after 5K cause of the fuel.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by Peking
Oh yeah better to be a little more rich than lean

But like in my case, damn you could feel the power tapper off after 5K cause of the fuel.
ya, how does it feel up top?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:41 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Knowing you have the cat, I was about to suggest the same thing... Of course, you'd think the particular flash would compensate for it. You are making good power, right? The last I heard you were making 360+whp which is very respectable for a cat kit on 5at.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
jlimquest

Yes, that is correct...when I initially got the car the AF was running 10.5 at WOT & that was the resulting dyno. However, after 2 weeks my AF started to dip to 10 & possibly lower which at that time I started to feel a loss of power (butt dyno). I also started to have those CEL lights P1273 & P1284 (O2 sensors). Brought it back to Danzio Performance last week & they called TN if they wanted my ECU back. However, TN recommended trying Technosquare. I have an appointment with Tadashi on Monday (might as well take a shot since I'm local). We'll see if that helps...if not Utec might be my only alternative.

Mia - Do we have a good Utec tuner here in So. Cal that's familiar with the TN?

Peking - Good read on your post on this.....really helps when we can share these experiences & we don't end up lost.

Thanks guys....do appreciate your help!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by jlimquest
Yes, that is correct...when I initially got the car the AF was running 10.5 at WOT & that was the resulting dyno. However, after 2 weeks my AF started to dip to 10 & possibly lower which at that time I started to feel a loss of power (butt dyno). I also started to have those CEL lights P1273 & P1284 (O2 sensors). Brought it back to Danzio Performance last week & they called TN if they wanted my ECU back. However, TN recommended trying Technosquare. I have an appointment with Tadashi on Monday (might as well take a shot since I'm local). We'll see if that helps...if not Utec might be my only alternative.

Peking - Good read on your post on this.....really helps when we can share these experiences & we don't end up lost.

I don't think the ECU would just adjust like that. Has there been any significant change in weather?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
G3.5T

Le us know if you ever get rid of those dreaded codes. P1274, P1283 Tried a bunch of different things and still can't get rid of them. After an ecu reset they just pop right back up.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:39 PM
MIAPLAYA

GT motorsports in Rancho Cucomanga is a Utec tuner and has had some success with that..
Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
2slo2bfurious

+ another 1 for UTEC or anything else for that matter. I was running rich too, but for the money and time of a custom flash, you're better off just flashing back to stock and getting it tuned. Might cost more, but well worth it.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
ObliviouZ

kill the cat!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
DXB350Z

Originally Posted by ObliviouZ
kill the cat!!!
and the mouse shall live happily ever after...

until another cat shows up in the hood atleast
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by Z BOY
ya, how does it feel up top?
Before it felt like ***, it would pull hard like a mother until I hit 5500 RPM then it goes like limp...

I had to do with another form of EMS, so went with the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate and upgraded the fuel injectors and went with the AAM Return Fuel Kit to knock two birds with one stone lol.

Yeah def. Also good thing you are local, when I sent my ECU to get re-flashed again by Technosquare... Overnight shipping costs back and forth to Technosquare was killing me