Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Front Right Turn Signal Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 03:55 PM
Apply Pressure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Right Turn Signal Mystery

I have an 04 Z33. Replaced the old headlights with a previous owner's hack job of an HID upgrade. Now I have SpecD Projectors with LED bulbs & ballasts, absolutely plug 'n play. Before the upgrade, my front right hi beam, side marker, & turn signal bulbs started acting up. I checked and saw that since I had lost my fender liner ( has since been replaced) my wheel ground off the bulkhead connector from the light housing to the wiring harness. I replaced both male and female connectors with butt connectors, but nothing changed; by this time the blinker had completely went out instead of occasionally working like it did (bulb and fuses seem to be good). Now with the SpecD headlights equipped with the new ballasts everything lights up and works except the turn signal, now it lights up but won't blink. I haven't been able to locate the relay location for this specific turn signal and I'm also new to using a multimeter so I might have missed a few possibilities (relay, faulty wiring, etc.) But I hope to get some insight on things I've missed or overlooked, thanks boyz🍻