Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

boost activation on coolingmist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:12 PM
nateg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost activation on coolingmist?

Can someone who running coolingmist kit show me how to adjust the boost level?. I'm looking to spray @ 5psi. How do I adjust the boost activation?

Thanks
Nate
Old 06-30-2006, 08:45 PM
chris'smax

you use a allen key to adjust the screw on the vaccum switch. I believe it comes already set at 5psi. I wouldn't activate it until around 9 psi though.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:05 PM
nateg35

Originally Posted by chris'smax
you use a allen key to adjust the screw on the vaccum switch. I believe it comes already set at 5psi. I wouldn't activate it until around 9 psi though.
Thanks Chris...I played around with it and now I dont know what psi it set ...Can I turn it back to 1psi then go up? if yes then how would I know when I get back @ 5psi?
Old 07-01-2006, 05:05 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nateg35
Thanks Chris...I played around with it and now I dont know what psi it set ...Can I turn it back to 1psi then go up? if yes then how would I know when I get back @ 5psi?
nate keep me updated on this please.im thinking going this way also.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
MoodDude

I installed a LED to signal when the pump went on, then drove her around and played with the boost switch to get it set where I wanted.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:04 AM
nateg35

Originally Posted by MoodDude
I installed a LED to signal when the pump went on, then drove her around and played with the boost switch to get it set where I wanted.
Good idea...didn't think of it....gonna install the LED...thanks moodDude
Old 07-01-2006, 08:09 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to be an a s s . But doesnt it come with instructions on how to set it up ? I was looking at my Snow kit and it shows exactly how to get started .
Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 AM
sentry65
the burninator

the cooling mist instructions are practically none-existent. They kinda sucks
Old 07-03-2006, 12:43 AM
nateg35

Originally Posted by sentry65

Not much on the coolingmist kit though...the problem is that I played around and then don't know where is 5psi...Now with the LED came on when the pump is on...I made a couple run and finally tuned it ~5 psi
Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 AM
nateg35

Originally Posted by superchargedg
nate keep me updated on this please.im thinking going this way also.
As I spoke to Sam @ Stillen...he said it's safe with Stillen kit but it would work better if tuned....and Stillen kit LOVES good gas (so I figured water/alcohol should be good...but it just my thinking ) He'll check with Steve to see if they will offer this. I finally put on mine yesterday and felt a little different when WOT (the outside temp around 95F...little bit stronger or maybe it just in my head )
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 AM
MoodDude

Coolingmist instruction exist on their website. The boost switch comes preset at 10 psi. Even with the instruction, nothing works as good as real testing, that is why I wanted to drive it and see when it kicked on. Just like your A/F, I like to know what is going on when I drive it and not just trust the dyno.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:08 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by nateg35
As I spoke to Sam @ Stillen...he said it's safe with Stillen kit but it would work better if tuned....and Stillen kit LOVES good gas (so I figured water/alcohol should be good...but it just my thinking ) He'll check with Steve to see if they will offer this. I finally put on mine yesterday and felt a little different when WOT (the outside temp around 95F...little bit stronger or maybe it just in my head )
thanks nate,this is going to be next.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
TTRANK

I also used an LED on mine. You never know if the boost switch is set right so using the light is the best way.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
cmtech1

Originally Posted by sentry65
We understand that everyone has a different interpretation of what instructions should be. I will always be the first to say that there is room for improvement. We work very hard to document our product. I am sure that no other vendor has as much data made public about the product as us. all of our instructions are page by page with pictures. If you could help me out and tell me what is so bad about these instructions I would appreciate it. I believe we can always improve and would love your input

Just curious, what do you base that on? Every kit we sell gets these in printed form. These are on CD and printed for vari-cool orders. here are our instructions:

Standard Kit instructions:

http://www.coolingmist.net/instructi...structions.pdf

varicool underhood:

S-HSV

Varicool trunkmount:

standard trunkmount:

boost switch and varicool details, S-HSV schematics:
http://www.coolingmist.net/instructions.aspx

Vari-Cool Technical docs (full diagrams and specifications)

http://www.coolingmist.net/techdocs/vari-cool.pdf
S-HSV technical docs

Boost switch:
http://www.coolingmist.net/techdocs/boostswitch.pdf

hardware and fittings:
http://www.coolingmist.net/techdocs/complete.pdf

software instructions:

trunkmount tank:
http://www.coolingmist.net/techdocs/tank.pdf

S-HSV
http://www.coolingmist.net/techdocs/s-hsv.pdf

Last edited by cmtech1; 08-30-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by cmtech1
I am sure that no other vendor has as much data made public about their product as us.
Wanna wager on that?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM
cmtech1

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Wanna wager on that?
No. Im not looking for an argument. I understand aquamist does a great job of putting specs out for the product I would never dis-agree with that (regardless of how I feel about them). I see very little from the US companies which is all that really matters to our business. I should have specified "US based", but did not think I needed to. Frankly the US companies other than my company have little in terms of technology (In my opinion) so I guess they dont have much to document.

CM
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 PM
MIAPLAYA

No. Im not looking for an argument. I understand aquamist does a great job of putting specs out for the product I would never dis-agree with that (regardless of how I feel about them). I see very little from the US companies which is all that really matters to our business. I should have specified "US based", but did not think I needed to. Frankly the US companies other than my company have little in terms of technology (In my opinion) so I guess they dont have much to document.

CM
I sincerely hope you are not insinuating US companies don't provide adequate documentation. I'll make the general assumption you are referring to Water Injection products and not all manner of performance parts. You are making some pretty far reaching claims about US companies not having much in terms of technology. Perhaps as a new user and relatively new company to the 350Z community you might consider the term "tread lightly". I know of at least one US based performance company whose technical documentation is at the LEAST on par with yours and in some instances superior (albeit for a different product). They also make a water injection system and anyone would tell you their documentation is anything but lacking.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
cmtech1

I sincerely hope you are not insinuating US companies don't provide adequate documentation. I'll make the general assumption you are referring to Water Injection products and not all manner of performance parts. You are making some pretty far reaching claims about US companies not having much in terms of technology. Perhaps as a new user and relatively new company to the 350Z community you might consider the term "tread lightly". I know of at least one US based performance company whose technical documentation is at the LEAST on par with yours and in some instances superior (albeit for a different product). They also make a water injection system and anyone would tell you their documentation is anything but lacking.
I am referring to US methanol water injection companies, I thought that was obvious.

There are many US based performance companies that have greater documentation than us, I dont dis-agree. There are US companies that have insane technology and you cant compare that industry to ours. Im referring to the market that we serve in, methanol/water injection. all companies today do are throw together a basic controller and call it the day. They simply throw up a website and a picture of the product.

Anyway, I posted this to the original poster simply to ask why our documentation is "non existant", not to get into a pissing contest with you. If I am too blunt or said something to **** you off, I am honestly sorry you feel that way. I dont want to argue on this point. I stated my opinion on other US based methanol injection companies, you may not agree, I'll give you that you have the right to feel that way. I am just greatful for everyone that has supported our product and want to make any improvements that we can to help further the product.

CM

Last edited by cmtech1; 08-30-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
MIAPLAYA

I am referring to US methanol water injection companies, I thought that was obvious.

There are many US based performance companies that have greater documentation than us, I dont dis-agree. There are US companies that have insane technology and you cant compare that industry to ours. Im referring to the market that we serve in, methanol/water injection. all companies today do are throw together a basic controller and call it the day. They simply throw up a website and a picture of the product.

Anyway, I posted this to the original poster simply to ask why our documentation is "non existant", not to get into a pissing contest with you. If I am too blunt or said something to **** you off, I am honestly sorry you feel that way. I dont want to argue on this point. I stated my opinion on other US based methanol injection companies, you may not agree, I'll give you that you have the right to feel that way. I am just greatful for everyone that has supported our product and want to make any improvements that we can to help further the product.

CM
Clearly I couldn't disagree more with your broad assessment of the countless compaines out there in the US that produce water/methanol injection systems. While I'll drop it as to not ruin this thread any further but will close by saying before you make assumptions and broad statements on this forum you may want to rethink your wording. You certainly won't gain any customers here like that. I guess I'll just move on with my "thrown together" Spearco WIS.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
cmtech1

Clearly I couldn't disagree more with your broad assessment of the countless compaines out there in the US that produce water/methanol injection systems. While I'll drop it as to not ruin this thread any further but will close by saying before you make assumptions and broad statements on this forum you may want to rethink your wording. You certainly won't gain any customers here like that. I guess I'll just move on with my "thrown together" Spearco WIS.

You are entitled to your opinion, everyone has different standards, whats great or acceptable for someone, is unacceptable for someone else. I'm glad you like your system.

Good luck!

CM

Quick Reply: boost activation on coolingmist?