Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Lossing alot of oil from turbo oil return lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Dirty Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lossing alot of oil from turbo oil return lines

Im pretty sure someone posted how they got rid of the sh*t*y rubber return lines on the greddy kit and replaced with braided lines to get rid of oil leak. I tried a search , cant find does anyone know where that post is ?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Im pretty sure someone posted how they got rid of the sh*t*y rubber return lines on the greddy kit and replaced with braided lines to get rid of oil leak. I tried a search , cant find does anyone know where that post is ?
I think AAM makes a kit for that.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Dirty Dave

Thanks Ill check it out .
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Dirty Dave

Just checked the site , it seems that kit is only usable for when you add their oil spacer. E mailed them so I guess I will see. Has anyone else had this problem and have you done anything about it ?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the end of the lines are constantly submerged in oil, and the supplied hose clamps will lose tension and leak. some fab work is involed, but you can upgrade to better lines and fittings. but, usually, retightening of the clamps will keep the leaks at bay.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:48 AM
Gumpdriver

AAM oil lines should fix it
Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 AM
silver nismo

or just change the clamps to a better once coz i think the pipe lines r fine its the clamp as i understand so try that 1.....
all the bast man and regards..
Old 10-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run the AAM line kit with oil pan spacer-no problems thus far, nor do I expect any.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by silver nismo
or just change the clamps to a better once coz i think the pipe lines r fine its the clamp as i understand so try that 1.....
all the bast man and regards..
What type of clamp do you suggest ? The ones without the slits in them, just soild band of metal or is there a different type of clamp that would work I dont know about ?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 AM
overZealous1

you can get higher quality ones that are wider.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

http://www.forgedinternals.com/store...cat=264&page=1
Not sure if AAM any spacers in stock. but you could always use a JWT spacer, and drill and tap for these lines..take a look.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the original Greddy hose with some heat wrap on it for super long and never had a problem. (like 20,000 miles or something, which I guess isnt even that long).

But anyway, I replaced them this year with some better hose because they were starting to get ugly being on the bottom of my engine for so long.

All you need is about 1' per side of hose, and you will still cut it down. Stainless braided is not needed, and using hose clamps with it is nasty.

Aeroquipt has a very nice blue pushlock hose, and in its -10 size is a perfect fit to replace the Greddy lines. I use that hose, and its actually such a nice fit that I ran it for a little while this year without any clamps at all and no leaks from those hoses, but I just put clamps on it anyway the other day and would recommend that anyone else did as well.

This blue aeroquipt hose that I speak of is extremely high quality stuff. I use it for inside the gas tanks in the fuel return kits because it actually stands up to full submergion in gasoline.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Thats 6' of it, which is more then you need. But thats better anyway. While it goes on nice and doesnt leak, its pretty hard to pull it off. You would rather just cut it and put on a new hose if you ever had to take them off, so extra would be nice.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
What type of clamp do you suggest ? The ones without the slits in them, just soild band of metal or is there a different type of clamp that would work I dont know about ?
The once with the slits (that u can tighten by a screw right?) thats for sure and a lil wider than the once u have now ow by the way i'm just installing my Greddy TT and lots of other things will b posting pics soon of the progress of the project and i will closly take a pic for for the clamps i'm using...
good luck man and regards....

Last edited by silver nismo; 10-04-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Ray123

Default Oil pan spacer

AAM OIL PAN SPACER in stock line kit is in stock too. please pm or email for pricing.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Ray@altered
AAM OIL PAN SPACER in stock line kit is in stock too. please pm or email for pricing.
Ray, shoot me an email with how man you have in stock please...I will order today. sharif@forgedperformance.com
Old 10-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by phunk
I used the original Greddy hose with some heat wrap on it for super long and never had a problem. (like 20,000 miles or something, which I guess isnt even that long).

But anyway, I replaced them this year with some better hose because they were starting to get ugly being on the bottom of my engine for so long.

All you need is about 1' per side of hose, and you will still cut it down. Stainless braided is not needed, and using hose clamps with it is nasty.

Aeroquipt has a very nice blue pushlock hose, and in its -10 size is a perfect fit to replace the Greddy lines. I use that hose, and its actually such a nice fit that I ran it for a little while this year without any clamps at all and no leaks from those hoses, but I just put clamps on it anyway the other day and would recommend that anyone else did as well.

This blue aeroquipt hose that I speak of is extremely high quality stuff. I use it for inside the gas tanks in the fuel return kits because it actually stands up to full submergion in gasoline.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Thats 6' of it, which is more then you need. But thats better anyway. While it goes on nice and doesnt leak, its pretty hard to pull it off. You would rather just cut it and put on a new hose if you ever had to take them off, so extra would be nice.
Did you have to change the fittings or will this pushlock tighten right over the existing greddy fittings ?