Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know we are only 3 hours from MD and we have a 100% customer satisfaction rate..
Old 10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
blueper4mancez

hmm.. i wonder why , aam didnt chime in on this since osix350z is not sastified with them , maybe they dont give a **** ? this world is all about money man .
Old 10-08-2006, 04:09 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Osix350Z
LOL, 10,000 for a TN kit is WAY high... What are you smoking? I didn't want it done cheap, I wanted a FAIR price. For the record, up to 400whp a fuel system is not necessary.. You need to sit down and do some basic math, then maybe you will see the flaw in their price quote.
Man are you blind or just ignorant? Where does it say on AAM's website

Turbonetics turbo kit.....................$9,999.00

They quoted you for the kit + labor + fuel system + utec + whatever other misc labor and parts.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM
IndustrialDuane

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
I recently installed an ATI procharger on my 2004 350z and had AAM do a dyno session and tune the engine and the fuel management unit that came with the kit. (just dyno and tuning resulted in 600 for an ecu reflash and 400 or so for dyno time ) According to ATI nothing else was needed, but the engine is detonating at anything above 6000 rpms. Therefore, AAM told me the same story, I need bigger fuel injectors 440 or 550 cc, a UTEC and also a return line fuel system plus tuning. (600 for injectors, 1000 for the utec and 1000 for the fuel system, and probalby about 500 for tuning. plus installation.) I can understand the need for fuel and timing adjustment. but instead of a utec i saw a greddy emanage ultimate for half the price that seems like it would do the same thing. Are there any other good shops in the area that can work on and tune 350Z's or is AAM the best in the area and also most expensive?

Try CARV2 there in delaware, a little expensive but they do good tunes, they have done acouple of the g35 tt's and some single turbo z's. With a charger kit you should only need a greddy or u tech system and be fine.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:47 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meatbag

They quoted you for the kit + labor + fuel system + utec + whatever other misc labor and parts.
Read the thread. He discussed all of that already.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Read the thread. He discussed all of that already.
Re-read all of his posts, looks like he didnt understand the pricing and didnt like it. So instead of acting like a normal person and just moving on he thought he was cheated b/c someone gave him a high price?

I didn't get it done there, I took the discounted parts and got it done else where.... I decided that if they were going to try to screw me that I would just screw them first.
Then he bought the merchandise anyways at a "discounted" price and went somewhere else.

Sounds like he got his panties in a knot over nothing.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re-read all of his posts, looks like he didnt understand the pricing and didnt like it. So instead of acting like a normal person and just moving on he thought he was cheated b/c someone gave him a high price?
Yea, not saying I'm agreeing with his logic
Old 10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
in2therain3

I think that is just the pricing altered atmosphere gives out. I got my turbonetics kit done by them and it runs well. I had couple of issues with the spacer but they took care of it in a timely manner and Frank (mechanic who works on my car) does an amazing job. So far, they have been good to me and I will continue to go back. Anyhow, my turbonetics kit including everything without ems, fuel system (that is including clutch, gauges, wideband, etc...) costed around 12k and they took care of me less than 7 bussiness days (ECU did not come in at the right time, suppose to be 5days.)
Anyways, that was just my experience.. However, I do agree that customer service should be more clear and fast!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Z PHAT Z

Originally Posted by in2therain3
I think that is just the pricing altered atmosphere gives out. I got my turbonetics kit done by them and it runs well. I had couple of issues with the spacer but they took care of it in a timely manner and Frank (mechanic who works on my car) does an amazing job. So far, they have been good to me and I will continue to go back. Anyhow, my turbonetics kit including everything without ems, fuel system (that is including clutch, gauges, wideband, etc...) costed around 12k and they took care of me less than 7 bussiness days (ECU did not come in at the right time, suppose to be 5days.)
Anyways, that was just my experience.. However, I do agree that customer service should be more clear and fast!
I think it's kinda expensive for 12k. Sorry if I'm wrong or there are many other things I don't see you listed. But I agreed with you, CS is the most important issue.
$4,500 TN kit
$1000 to $1,500 installation
$900 JWT clutch/flywheel
$500 clutch installation
$400 wideband
$700 gauges
==========
Total $8500.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:21 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Considering this isn't in the Mid-A forum most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about ... you guys getting on the OP have no clue of the actual situation. My roadster is bone stock. I bought a piggy-back chip and AAM had the audacity to quote me $495 to tune my chip (Unichip). Repeat I'M BONE STOCK. They told me my car had to be in the shop for atleast half a day to tune my chip.

I eventually found out that AAM has pre-programmed tuning software and it takes no more than an hour to tune your piggy-back chip. I was told that the whole process it very complex. BULL F'N ****. If any of you need stories about what actually has happened in the past couple months PM me. Lets just say some people only tune for WOT condtitions and blow engines.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 10-08-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:51 AM
wilric44

Friendship is not measured by HP and FI installation. When it comes to spending your own money the final decision is always your own.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 AM
EM-EFER

$4,500 TN kit
$1,500 installation (Which is reasonable)
$900 JWT clutch/flywheel
$500 clutch installation
$400 wideband
$700 gauges
$800 UTEC + Tuning
$900 Fuel Return
==========
Total $10,200

That seems like how much the going rate is. Not a bad deal. Ofcourse you got it done cheaper at CARV2 because they didn't give you half the things AAM was planning. What they were trying to offer you was the safest setup available.

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:35 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
two of my friend up there for tuning , they charged 600 for an hour of tuning ????????? for whatever ecu that came with the hks supercharger . jeez man people do makes the big bucks now aday just so easily.
Where I am now there is 1 dealer and he gets anything u want Greddy PE or any other brands and if u buy any king of ECU he will tune ur car for free and he is becoming and HKS dealer for the Middle east.
600 $ we gather and get 1 hell of a tuner from the US or JAPAN or what so ever deppending what kind of cars we r tuning.
So y dont u guys do that gather ur money and get a supperb guy to do it for u all at 1 go. I would love to meet or get sharif to pay us a visit. Hoping that it happens 1 day..
Old 10-09-2006, 05:28 AM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
$4,500 TN kit
$1,500 installation (Which is reasonable)
$900 JWT clutch/flywheel
$500 clutch installation
$400 wideband
$700 gauges
$800 UTEC + Tuning
$900 Fuel Return
==========
Total $10,200

That seems like how much the going rate is. Not a bad deal. Ofcourse you got it done cheaper at CARV2 because they didn't give you half the things AAM was planning. What they were trying to offer you was the safest setup available.

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person.
I admit that AAM's prices are high, but this does seem to be a fair price...

The tuning is expensive for what's usually done (i.e. quick flash from a pre-staged tune), but I will say that you have to pay to play. Unfortunately, if you don't know how to tune your own car, you're at the mercy of shops that provide that service. Whether or not you have confidence in a shop's ability to efficiently tune your car is up to you. Worst case, go elsewhere...

Bottom line is every shop goes through ups and downs. This year has been pretty rough on AAM. If they get through it, then maybe next year they can work on building up their rep again. 'Til then, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Havok_RLS2

You sir are an ID10T. That has already been covered meatballs. Read the thread before make stupid comments.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

You purchased the TN kit from us at a great price. Why the negative post?

We've done a lot for the 350Z platform. Early on we spent countless time and money with R&D to learn how the factory ECU worked (our Flashing services) and shared much of our findings with forum, we communicated our early forced induction experiences with the forum and education on why timing control was so important, we developed the first fuel rail and fuel rail return system for the 350Z and G35, first angled plenum spacer, etc.. In the works are several innovating products everyone is going to really benefit from.

We are always looking to improve the way we do business. If you have any recommendations for us please e-mail me MikeM@alteredatmosphere.com. I know it has been good time sense we quoted you and many of our processes (and several employees) have been updated to improve our customer service. I'd be happy to tell you about our updates and I would like to know if you have anything else to add.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Profesional response by mike...
Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 AM
BobbyRitz

Why was osix banned?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
Why was osix banned?
+1 I'd like to know as well.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Ray123

Thumbs up banned

You need to take a step back, read my OP, then revise your response...
AAM tried to charge me TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a TN setup w/UTEC...
They also told me that I was getting a "DEAL" I was getting "HOOKED UP"..
So what would the price have been without the "HOOK UP"? Maybe you wanna lick their A$$ for whatever reason and that's fine, obviously that's your thing... I don't like being screwed, I expect to be treated with a certain amount of respect, not taken for all the money they can get....
This is most likely why. It is a shame that we lost a member on our board. If you go back to Mike's post you will see that he as the owner is taking all the right steps. He has changed staff to insure better customer service, more techs to make sure that turn around times are in a more timely fashon.
If any one has any questions on pricing, labor times, or any other quote from AAM please pm me right away. Our staff is always here to help. Even if you are just having a problem and need to trouble shoot. Let us know.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!