Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven1
Thats a good question. I would like to know as well. But Im sure he can't tell us.
You are correct, we like to keep our new products under wrap until they are in final testing and/or ready to sell.

However, here are a few common things we've made known we are developing (can't go into the details yet):

-Complete Intake Manifold
-New Fuel Rail System (higher flow, easier installation, etc.)
-Polyurethane Motor Mounts
-Vehicle Torque Brace
Old 10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

It will be nice to have some more intake manifolds on the market.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
You are correct, we like to keep our new products under wrap until they are in final testing and/or ready to sell.

However, here are a few common things we've made known we are developing (can't go into the details yet):

-Complete Intake Manifold
-New Fuel Rail System (higher flow, easier installation, etc.)
-Polyurethane Motor Mounts
-Vehicle Torque Brace
Mike what are you guys doing to stop the gas vapor smell with the new fuel rail system?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Mike what are you guys doing to stop the gas vapor smell with the new fuel rail system?

Thanks
Here you go

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/221132-aam-fuel-return-system.html
Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
This used to be more of an issue. A short while ago we began coating our fuel return line with a nylon type covering to keep fuel vapors from permiating. The lines directly under the hood are not coated (they look much better un-coated!) but because these lines are before the fuel rails, fuel does not retain in these lines. Fuel will retain in the stainless steel braided return line which is now coated.

After we coated the fuel return line nearly all of the vapor permiating smell has gone away for our customers.

The largest problems we've seen recently concerning vapor smell on the current kit is from installations where the O-Ring has been overtightened which squishes the rubber O-Ring out.

Hope this helps,
Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 PM
SilverstonE-O6

For those of you who are saying that Altered's prices are fair, Mike got the TN kit installed AND tuned with UTEC for just over $7000 INCLUDING gauges! Installed by Function Tuned and his motor DIDN'T go boom, cant say the same for some AAM clients poor Brent

Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SilverstonE-O6
For those of you who are saying that Altered's prices are fair, Mike got the TN kit installed AND tuned with UTEC for just over $7000 INCLUDING gauges! Installed by Function Tuned and his motor DIDN'T go boom, cant say the same for some AAM clients poor Brent

He also didnt have all the same things done that AAM was quoting him for.

This has already all been discussed in this thread, including what he paid CarV2 to do the install.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Freak
AAM should put you on the payroll USN your really going out of your way for them.
How is that? because I dont think he was quoted such an outrageous price for what they were offering to do?

Obviously you all have some sort of vendetta with AAM and that is fine. If you dont wanna have anything done by them, dont. simple as that. Why the need to talk trash to me or anyone else that doesn't agree with your point of view? Grow up.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
He also didnt have all the same things done that AAM was quoting him for.

This has already all been discussed in this thread, including what he paid CarV2 to do the install.
Been stated 2X now Car V2 didnt do the install for him...ok I'm outta this crapola again
Old 10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Alberto
Been stated 2X now Car V2 didnt do the install for him...ok I'm outta this crapola again
actually meant to put function tuned, but read em effers quote about carv2 right before. still does not negate the fact that he had less done for the $$$ he spent than AAM quoted him.

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
$4,500 TN kit
$1,500 installation (Which is reasonable)
$900 JWT clutch/flywheel
$500 clutch installation
$400 wideband
$700 gauges
$800 UTEC + Tuning
$900 Fuel Return
==========
Total $10,200

That seems like how much the going rate is. Not a bad deal. Ofcourse you got it done cheaper at CARV2 because they didn't give you half the things AAM was planning. What they were trying to offer you was the safest setup available.

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 PM
SpeedDesign

Originally Posted by Ray@altered
If you go back to Mike's post you will see that he as the owner is taking all the right steps. He has changed staff to insure better customer service, more techs to make sure that turn around times are in a more timely fashon.
it's ensure, not insure

So Dan, Dave, Noah, and Ryan didn't leave on thier own accord? They were part of "staffing changes"?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:50 AM
wtf no turbo

Originally Posted by SpeedDesign
it's ensure, not insure

So Dan, Dave, Noah, and Ryan didn't leave on thier own accord? They were part of "staffing changes"?
Forgot Will
Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 AM
SpeedDesign

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
Forgot Will
yeah... him too.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's ensure, not insure

Ouch ... the truth hurts.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Ouch ... the truth hurts.
And I think everyone forgets there were many prior to that with the same status falling under "staffing changes". Remember when Altered used to specialize in 3000gt's and the such? Not sure how far back many of you go, but Altered's been around since way before the Z days.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:52 AM
SpeedDesign

Originally Posted by Driven1
And I think everyone forgets there were many prior to that with the same status falling under "staffing changes". Remember when Altered used to specialize in 3000gt's and the such? Not sure how far back many of you go, but Altered's been around since way before the Z days.
Go seach the 3si.org forums for the 3KGT/Stealth guys opinions of the AAM guys.
I will say this... the opinions of those guys are based on people that don't work there anymore... because of staffing changes, or whatever you want to call it.
The only people still there that were there in the 3KGT days are the owner (Mike) and his father.
I'm not saying Mike's a horrible guy or AAM's horrible to customers, but simply that Ray might have a slightly different idea than what's really happened in the past. I think better customer care decisions could be made there, and that if they were AAM could be an even better place.

Last edited by SpeedDesign; 10-10-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go seach the 3si.org forums for the 3KGT/Stealth guys opinions of the AAM guys.
+1 ... I've heard the Stealth stories as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:09 AM
jtgli

I just recently had my 06 Z reflashed down @ altered and the service was great. It was easy to get a holf of Mike to set it up, once I was down there it took a short 15-20 mins and everything was done. I love the reflash as well. For now its exactly what I wanted. Mike even went as far as to contact me yesterday to see how everything was going with the reflash and to see if I were happy. Now I know that a reflash and turbo install are 2 different ends of the spectrum but Im just saying that theyre service isnt as bad as some of you say that it is. for altered and Mike from me
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
SpeedDesign

Originally Posted by jtgli
Mike even went as far as to contact me yesterday to see how everything was going with the reflash and to see if I were happy.
Follow up calls... thats new. See, thats the type of stuff that needs to go on there for better customer care. I hope thats something theyre doing for everyone now.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!