Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 AM
k3silk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thats nice that he did that hey everyone get knocked down maybe now the service will be alot better. But i do Rem a time when they wouldnt even talk to me when i went in there now that the Z is turbo they are quick to say something.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

I agree, we've had many different people help out over the years.. some were exceptional and progressed to an industry with better $$$, most were okay or marginal, others not so good.

We work on many, many cars and it is unfortunate that a few problems are focused on so much. Almost seems like a car enthusiasts "Desperate Housewives" by the manner in which some people post. A problem we face every day is that with high-performance (especially when the envelope is pushed in which we have customers frequently have us do) problems will arrise.

What does make a difference, though, is how any problems that arrise are handled. After I took back management of AAM any customer problem has been taken care of 110%, we spend extra time explaining performace in general to our customers (so they better understand), and the already great quality of our parts have been improved better than ever.

With several cars we've finished recently (and/or are in the process of finishing) and some new innovating products we have coming out, I am more excited than ever!

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 10-10-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by Alberto
ok I'm outta this crapola again
Old 10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
BobbyRitz

Is it just me or did the title to this thread change ever so subtley?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh $hit LOL-I think its missing 3 letters...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by SilverstonE-O6
For those of you who are saying that Altered's prices are fair, Mike got the TN kit installed AND tuned with UTEC for just over $7000 INCLUDING gauges! Installed by Function Tuned and his motor DIDN'T go boom, cant say the same for some AAM clients poor Brent

Brent's engine failed do to running 89 octane during a rally. But there are others that have seen their engine go boom after tuning sessions at AAM. I wonder why they never voice their opinion. Oh...maybe they signed confidentiality agreements...one never knows.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-10-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
SpeedDesign

Oh $hit LOL-I think its missing 3 letters...
wooooow.
pockets being lined or what?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Because the title was represented in a formt we traditionally use to offer specials, it was misleading.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by SpeedDesign
wooooow.
pockets being lined or what?
Are you asking me if Im being asked/payed to post my thoughts?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
Brent's engine failed do to running 89 octane during a rally.
I think Bob (SilverstonE-06) was talking about some of the current problems he is (or was) having with his new build setup ...

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 10-10-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 PM
BobbyRitz

A format normally used to offer specials?

The kind of "special" that includes improperly installed head studs, like those on Brent's motor?

Maybe the kind of "special" that somehow had his redline set to 9000 rpms on his fcon. Someone else within this thread might be able to relate to this "special".

Maybe the kind of "special" that runs aggressive timing during a built block's break-in period.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-10-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did the title change on this thread or what.i mean osix was just trying to let people know of his dealings here.is something being misrepresented here or what.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

i hate to say this but i think the **** is really gonna hit the fan this time.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:56 PM
BobbyRitz

It's just the truth. I can't stand to sit here and watch the "sugar coating" when I know that too many people (myself included) have had their checkbook taken for a ride by AAM.

I came into the 350Z world a relative newb. I'm a smart guy and learn quick.

Initially, I was impressed with the all the talk. But the more I listened, the more questions I had. The more questions I had, the more I looked at my invoices and noticed that prices were out of line.

So I invite you to do as you see fit. But trust me, the price for 30whp NA from them is STEEP.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-10-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Rob,

We've been taking care of our customers 110%.

We told the customer ahead of time there were some issues with his engine (b/c of mistakes made by past employee) and we agreed we'd put it together for him because that is what he requested. To help solve several problems at the time of build, we replaced several questionable components open check book (on us), etc. so that he could drive his car by the date he wanted to.

We also took off several thousand dollars off the ticket because of the inconveniences, and also extended more help I will leave up to the customer to share or not share.

We told him that we stood behind our work 100% and that after his trips we would re-take a look at everything and fix anything as necessary.

Weekend before last his car started running rich. On our dime I flew down to Florida to take a look at his car. My F-Con key died (most likely on the flight, not sure how, maybe through the security x-ray process). Because of this when we tried to connect to his vehicle I could not connect. We discussed this and both agreed the best course of action would be to lower the fuel pressure a few pounds (for best gas mileage) during his trip. We did this and everything checked out good for normal driving. Because of this we agreed that the car should be driven normal (no WOT high speed driving) and out of high boost. I noticed his overflow was higher than normal but everything checked out okay on the car, and told the customer when he was back in town we'd tear down as necessary and fix (at our cost).

It was posted the car was put through some runs even though I recommended against it. Then, the car was again put through WOT run at another performance shop. While going throgh the paces at the other performance shop the engine lost its coolant.

We talked to both the shop and customer to lend a hand and let everyone know we're here for any help that is needed.

I think this is proper customer service, and wouldn't want to do business any other way. Like I mentioned before with performance things are always going to happen, and as best as possible if something happens on our accord we take care of it.

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 10-10-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM
BobbyRitz

He was your number one customer. Now he's at another shop. What does this tell us? Oh, and how is Ryan's built motor coming along? Hmmm...did his motor blow or is he just building for the hell of it?

Well Mike, I can only hope for you and your companies sake that you are being sincere and that you are as committed as you let on here on the forums.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-10-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Wow just got a call from Osix-the OP had originally been banned for "other things". His ban was set for 10 days. His ban is now permanent, he received the message on his screen after checking the status of his ban. I really hope he didnt get banned because of this thread and him expressing his opinions. We can all share issues/diagreements/opinions and still discuss things like adults. That really upsets me, we have people that sign up on this site who dont even have Z's and do nothing but argue/personally attack others in the street racing section and contribute nothing, now a member has been permanently banned
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
cnile51

AAM =good work but very expensive and they lack customer service- That has been my experience. I have talked to many people on the matter and they all say the same thing. I don't care how good there work is because customer service sucks.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Wow just got a call from Osix-the OP had originally been banned for "other things". His ban was set for 10 days. His ban is now permanent, he received the message on his screen after checking the status of his ban. I really hope he didnt get banned because of this thread and him expressing his opinions. We can all share issues/diagreements/opinions and still discuss things like adults. That really upsets me, we have people that sign up on this site who dont even have Z's and do nothing but argue/personally attack others in the street racing section and contribute nothing, now a member has been permanently banned
this is the typical reaction on this site if you point out a sponsers inability to do the job the right way.and if a member points that out this is what happens to them.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!