Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 AM
BobbyRitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 AM
STREETTRENZ MAG
Banned

Default start over

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/223170-what-i-think-of-aam.html

post here this is a mixed up thread
Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Engine Builds And Twin Turbos

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
4 Shizzle -

If I read your post correctly, the only work you've had done at AAM is have them drop in a K&N and add a spacer? With all due respect, that isn't enough of a sample to form a personal opinion.

Try getting:

AAM spacer
AAM 3" single exhaust (which I dumped in favor of the HKS True Dual...Mike told me that the HKS is more restrictive than his 3". Last time I checked, just under 5" of exhaust flow is > 3")
AAM test pipes
AAM ECU reflash
UTEC
Tuner Reg Pro
MULTIPLE TUNING SESSIONS (biggest rip-off in my opinion)
UTEC Map Selector
Polished Plenum
ACT clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Injen intake

All installed by AAM. At last year's AAM BBQ, everyone was getting their car's dyno'ed. I wasn't interested, but after everyone who "wanted to see what all my perf. mods would put down", I did it.

Several '06 Z's put down in the 270's that day. Driven1, who has a beautiful Z, put down in the 270's with his '03 Z with only an AEM intake (and 20" wheels).

What did I put down??? After multiple "tuning" sessions done by their self-proclaimed "master tuner"????

257whp 247 TRQ

After all the money that I had spent, I was sick to my stomach...like someone had stolen something from me. Funny part, my feeling was RIGHT ON.

Mike knew I was pissed. Everyone there in the Mid-A knew I was pissed. Bert, Brent, Mike, Bob, Nowell, Charles, Keith...you name 'em. Mike agreed to giving me a 1/2 price tuning session to fix it (stupidly, I agreed).

Then magically, he took my Z and produced a dyno sheet that suggested 274whp / 259 TRQ. Hmmm...can you adjust the load on a DynoJet to inflate results???

I'm tired of the empty promises...empty results. It's high time that this board hears my story. And I've got more...with emails as well.
I dont have much done, but that is by choice at this point. I have been along side S1AMESE and BRENT and MIKE and many others who have pused the envelope.....

Im going STILLEN, for now, then once I buy a beater Z or G, I will go beastly.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I see.. thanks for the Mid-A clarrification
Old 10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by booger
I have had 5 or 6 guys PM me asking why they couldnt get a safe tune from the Vortech kit . They all said AAM told them they ran lean up top and needed thier return fuel system and bigger injectors . AAm kept trying to flash for the whole tune and not use the SS box . They knew they couldnt flash the ECU for more than 6 or 7 psi , but kept doing it and getting the customer to buy more stuff...not honest IPO

It's not so much that you need a return kit, more so the injectors - the stock injectors are simply just not large enough - it's not impossible to believe that those are needed...

also I don't know Mike to not use the SS box if it's the only thing he has to pull timing when boost happening
Old 10-12-2006, 10:48 AM
wperdigon

AAM is HKS certified and thus able to tune HKS engine management systems.
One fo the few people in the country that have the key for HKS software - yes you are correct
Old 10-12-2006, 10:50 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
I recently installed an ATI procharger on my 2004 350z and had AAM do a dyno session and tune the engine and the fuel management unit that came with the kit. (just dyno and tuning resulted in 600 for an ecu reflash and 400 or so for dyno time ) According to ATI nothing else was needed, but the engine is detonating at anything above 6000 rpms. Therefore, AAM told me the same story, I need bigger fuel injectors 440 or 550 cc, a UTEC and also a return line fuel system plus tuning. (600 for injectors, 1000 for the utec and 1000 for the fuel system, and probalby about 500 for tuning. plus installation.) I can understand the need for fuel and timing adjustment. but instead of a utec i saw a greddy emanage ultimate for half the price that seems like it would do the same thing. Are there any other good shops in the area that can work on and tune 350Z's or is AAM the best in the area and also most expensive?

You have to think about what it is that you are trying to accomplish -

you absolutely need larger injectors, the factory ones are simply not good enough - the return system isn't needed imo and the greddy compared to the utec is garbage

talking about resolution and precision of the greddy unit vs the utec, the utec is far far superior - plus it's plug and play piggy back (full standalone when under boost) is awesome -

I wish I had one for a sentra!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:55 AM
mc3

Damn. AAM is getting trashed on the Celica and mustang boards and even in multiple threads on this board.

OUCH

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/223170-what-i-think-of-aam-2.html
Old 10-12-2006, 10:58 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
You purchased the TN kit from us at a great price. Why the negative post?

We've done a lot for the 350Z platform. Early on we spent countless time and money with R&D to learn how the factory ECU worked (our Flashing services) and shared much of our findings with forum, we communicated our early forced induction experiences with the forum and education on why timing control was so important, we developed the first fuel rail and fuel rail return system for the 350Z and G35, first angled plenum spacer, etc.. In the works are several innovating products everyone is going to really benefit from.

We are always looking to improve the way we do business. If you have any recommendations for us please e-mail me MikeM@alteredatmosphere.com. I know it has been good time sense we quoted you and many of our processes (and several employees) have been updated to improve our customer service. I'd be happy to tell you about our updates and I would like to know if you have anything else to add.

Are you saying that I wasn't good at my job?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM
wperdigon

Originally Posted by Ray@altered
This is most likely why. It is a shame that we lost a member on our board. If you go back to Mike's post you will see that he as the owner is taking all the right steps. He has changed staff to insure better customer service, more techs to make sure that turn around times are in a more timely fashon.
If any one has any questions on pricing, labor times, or any other quote from AAM please pm me right away. Our staff is always here to help. Even if you are just having a problem and need to trouble shoot. Let us know.

Mike didn't change the Staff - we all quit

Myself, Noah, Quang - we all bounced after what happened with Mike - Please do not make things seem one way, when they are not that way.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by wperdigon

Myself, Noah, Quang - we all bounced after what happened with Mike - Please do not make things seem one way, when they are not that way.
Hey William,

Nice to see you here. I was hoping you would appear. It wasn't my position to discuss your exit, but I'm glad you set the record straight.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 AM
BobbyRitz

after what happened with Mike
I wish we could discuss this a little further..
Old 10-12-2006, 11:28 AM
mc3

Thumbs down

Ray

Is it true what they're saying here that RAY@ALTERED is also StreetTrenz who's trying to pump up AAM in another thread?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223170&page=2

If that's true then these guys are a bunch of con artists.

Not cool Ray
Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

a lot of heat on aam....

i purchased a fuel return from them.. i know it was unecessary for my current setup of 400whp, but they told me it was very necessary... so i am probably the 100000 person i was told the same thing abotu how much you needed at for stock boost settings..... i got it anyways jstu cuase i am looking for engine build project in the future...

anyways... ...id like to see mroe of mike posting to all this... it nothing good that he is all quiet with all this going on...
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Why are you worried about the East Coast?

Originally Posted by mc3
Ray

Is it true what they're saying here that RAY@ALTERED is also StreetTrenz who's trying to pump up AAM in another thread?

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223170&page=2

If that's true then these guys are a bunch of con artists.

Not cool Ray
OK, even though I have my impressions, both good and bad of the above named organization, this isnt the place to bash folks. The opinions have been well noted. Considering you are in Chi-Town Mc3, why are you pushing this issue? This is an East Coast issue. Are you bringing your car there to have it tuned? I was born in IL and we dont go out of way to prove points in the mid-west. Please hold this to remain true. Everyone has there places they like..hence the "pumping up of AAM" else where.

Bottom line, they are successful, have made some mistakes, made many happy, T'ed a few folks off. We are beating a dead horse here. Exactly what more do we need to do to AAm other than pay attention if we decide to do custom car care there?

It is time for someone to stand up and be an adult and say enough is enough.

How are any further comments helping anyone else here? I am not defending AAM, I am defending the purpose of the threads....point proven!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 10-12-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:59 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch ... While the truth sets you free it also makes others look like jackasses.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:08 PM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
they are successful

At what?

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
made many happy
I'm waiting for them to show up.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM
SpeedDesign

You forgot Ryan and Dave and Dan before you.

*edit* hell I'll even say it... ME!

Last edited by SpeedDesign; 10-12-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedDesign
You forgot Ryan and Dave and Dan before you.
I assume you mean Shiroma. Speaking of which Dave if you're reading this I would make sure Better Business Bureau (BBB) removes your name from AAM's "Other Contacts" list.

I'm pretty sure you no longer want to be affiliated with them.

PM me if you need the link. Dave has a SN on this forum correct?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:30 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default Success!!

At what?

I'm waiting for them to show up.
Last I check, all you fools have paid AAM at one point or another, including me. So they are deffinately successful at getting all our money...lol. AAM always has cars there, bad work, disgruntled customers or not...that shop is NEVER empty! And these are not small modifications either. Again I am not promoting or bashing anyone here. I am talking about my experiences. Trust me when I say I have enough to bash most people and shops on the boards for one thing or another. Trueth be it, yes I think that they could of handled a few situations differently, maybe many that we will never find out. But after 10 pages of postings....whats left to say...? Another person felt like they were wronged...wooptie doo..if there is more than one, there may as well be a thousand when it comes to how picky we are all with our cars.

I have been pulled over 6 times this year. Should I consistantly say that it is because Im black and they were all white cops? Or could I say that my experiences suck in Fairfax and Loudon County. Can I say that the police department is racist and descrimatory to blacks? NO, I can say that they screwed me over, my experiences alone. Its up to me to drive there and speed, not signal, no license plate, wave, smile at them or be "DWB". Not all cops suck phatones like the ones I have experienced in the above counties. NOT everyone...get my drift...(I said drift again...lol).

Again, why beat a dead hiizzorse?

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 10-12-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!