Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record....what happened to Brent's car? Also I think me moving to NY due to personal reasons (my G/F getting a job @ Columbia University to continue research and my new job in a completely unrelated field) hardly qualify's me one of the few who were "let go" to better customer service....I feel although my car has been down for 3 weeks now due to some never-before seen issues at this time they cannot be view to be the fault of installer/tuner......so while the jury is out alow me to stand behind this: AAM always treated me right as both a customer and an employee....I encourage every person to do their own research and come to thier conclusions about shops....sometimes people only speak of horror stories and not successful ones....kinda like planes crashing in the news....they don't report when everyone lands sucessfully now do they...don't let a few people's experiences sway you away from good shop....even the best doctor's have patients die on the table

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 10-11-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
BobbyRitz

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
For the record....what happened to Brent's car? Also I think me moving to NY due to personal reasons (my G/F getting a job @ Columbia University to continue research and my new job in a completely unrelated field) hardly qualify's me one of the few who were "let go" to better customer service....I feel although my car has been down for 3 weeks now due to some never-before seen issues at this time they cannot be view to be the fault of installer/tuner......so while the jury is out alow me to stand behind this: AAM always treated me right as both a customer and an employee....I encourage every person to do their own research and come to thier conclusions about shops....sometimes people only speak of horror stories and not successful ones....kinda like planes crashing in the news....they don't report when everyone lands sucessfully now do they...don't let a few people's experiences sway you away from good shop....even the best doctor's have patients die on the table
Noah-

I trust all is well. Here's the link to Brent's thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=bambam

Keep us in the loop as you determine what happened to your car.

Later.

Rob
Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Banned in the USA

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
Why was osix banned?
Racial issues are a permanent bann period in my book. Drunk, High or lifted from 101 octane gas, there is no excuse for a hint of racism in the year 2006. (Unless its on the Dave Chappell Show..lol) Hell, when all my friends go to dinner, S1AMESE and a few others with our wives, it looks like a United Nations meeting..lol!

I unlike 95% of FI guys, I pace my car in very gradual researched steps. Yes in the end I will pay double for labor by the time my beast is built. But keep this inmind, building a Supra today is 50 times easier than it was in 1994. The ironic thing is that most of these so called experts of business, and opinion couldnt even drive back in 1994. So when I am ready for the 1400HP motor that is "track only," I will have at least two other G's or Z's for daily drivers. Get my drift? (I said drift..lol)

First mod was the AAM spacer and K&N Fliter, installed my AAM in like 10 minutes. I was charged and hour labor, what...did I think his time was free? Then I added the 350Z intake tube myself, then HF Cats, now Stillen Y pipe. I could of done the plenum but I was feeling lazy and impatient. (patience will save you money), but AAM is where I started. I am the one who brought SIAMESE to Altered, he has had recent issues with his car, but we are still friends and AAM worked it all out with him. True friendship should not need to be explain in a car forum. However the love for "my" vehicle forces me to be patient and conserve judgement on someone else's business practices. Now I havent had any work done and AAM for sometime, because the mods added recently were easy ones. But I would not pay anything there or anywhere, knowing I can find a better deal, but a better deal, doesnt mean a better product. Also running the 1/4 in 9 seconds, doesnt make you a mechanical expert either.

I just had Function Tuned install a clutch for me, and my car was gone for the day which is my most import issues. Time without my vehicle is not an option for me although I have 4 cars!. They understood that, and did not give me an oppointment until that requirement could be met or minimized.

Does this mean they are better than AAM or the shops in VA, MD,GA, CA,TX, IL and NYC are better? No, it means the customer preference drives business. Why didnt we all buy an Evo, Lexis IS350, the new twin turbo 3 series BMW AWD coupe or a Supra? Hell I had a ford Mustang (paid 10K) that would out run my G (37K) in its current build stat right now.

Getting raped for a price, how much did we pay for our cars? Did anyone get screwed? If so, why? I feel now, AAM now has plenty of input to address any issues they feel they need to change. It's time to change the subject. I know that I am posting well after everyone has said their piece, but I did take the time to read the entire post, before posting. I actually made a comment about the guy getting banned, before reading things to the end, but have now removed that judgement and formed less friendly one about his character. If you want a 700HP car, buy one from a shop that builds them for about 60K, but I bet it still breaks one day.

STILLEN STAGE 2 BABY....SET IT AND FORGET IT (with 2 year warantee). lol!

To address Brents built motor...that issue will be address by him, but that engine was in many more shops other than AAM....doesnt justify the post..but it spread fault to all that touched the block.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 10-12-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:58 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

nothing to see here

Last edited by doug; 10-12-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Same reason he started the post. AAM brings in money to the forum, if you like them or not. They have the Public Eye.

Why do soldiers who date Generals Daughters, end up in Siberia?

LOL.

I wish I wasnt on vacation when all of this started. My two cents would of been interesting too.
Do the dumb posts ever stop
Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default True

Originally Posted by doug
see this is the reason why people get banned... if you actually wern't on vacation and actually got to read the whole thread, you would have noticed that failsafe explained twice why he was banned.

After reading the post I have removed those comments..point noted.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Do the dumb posts ever stop
Dont jump the gun turbo its early in the morning.

After reading the post I have removed those comments..points noted from the trigger happy experts.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 AM
doug

After reading the post I have removed those comments..point noted.
i edited my post
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
$4,500 TN kit
$1,500 installation (Which is reasonable)
$900 JWT clutch/flywheel
$500 clutch installation
$400 wideband
$700 gauges
$800 UTEC + Tuning
$900 Fuel Return
==========
Total $10,200

That seems like how much the going rate is. Not a bad deal. Ofcourse you got it done cheaper at CARV2 because they didn't give you half the things AAM was planning. What they were trying to offer you was the safest setup available.

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person.

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person either!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 AM
EM-EFER

This isn't an knock on you but you also don't seem like the most calm person either!
Im not lol
Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 AM
BobbyRitz

4 Shizzle -

If I read your post correctly, the only work you've had done at AAM is have them drop in a K&N and add a spacer? With all due respect, that isn't enough of a sample to form a personal opinion.

Try getting:

AAM spacer
AAM 3" single exhaust (which I dumped in favor of the HKS True Dual...Mike told me that the HKS is more restrictive than his 3". Last time I checked, just under 5" of exhaust flow is > 3")
AAM test pipes
AAM ECU reflash
UTEC
Tuner Reg Pro
MULTIPLE TUNING SESSIONS (biggest rip-off in my opinion)
UTEC Map Selector
Polished Plenum
ACT clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Injen intake

All installed by AAM. At last year's AAM BBQ, everyone was getting their car's dyno'ed. I wasn't interested, but after everyone who "wanted to see what all my perf. mods would put down", I did it.

Several '06 Z's put down in the 270's that day. Driven1, who has a beautiful Z, put down in the 270's with his '03 Z with only an AEM intake (and 20" wheels).

What did I put down??? After multiple "tuning" sessions done by their self-proclaimed "master tuner"????

257whp 247 TRQ

After all the money that I had spent, I was sick to my stomach...like someone had stolen something from me. Funny part, my feeling was RIGHT ON.

Mike knew I was pissed. Everyone there in the Mid-A knew I was pissed. Bert, Brent, Mike (Osix- who, by the way, is getting a raw deal as he's a good guy), Bob, Nowell, Charles, Keith...you name 'em. Mike agreed to giving me a 1/2 price tuning session to fix it (stupidly, I agreed).

Then magically, he took my Z and produced a dyno sheet that suggested 274whp / 259 TRQ. Hmmm...can you adjust the load on a DynoJet to inflate results???

I'm tired of the empty promises...empty results. It's high time that this board hears my story. And I've got more...with emails as well.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-12-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:11 AM
PumpedVA

Noah for prez lol
Old 10-12-2006, 06:18 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

"...empty results. It's high time that this board hears my story. And I've got more...with emails as well."

lets see'em and if they are true
Old 10-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You cannot adjust load on a DJ-they are not load based dyno's like DD's. Only thing I didnt like on the BBQ day was that the #'s were all actual-meaning not corrected. So of course because it was in thr 40's cold #'s were all high. Robert-your comparison to others that day was shocking. Were your updated dyno's actual or SAE? If actual knowing the temp that day would be a help...in the end I guess it doesnt matter if your not happy.

Last edited by Alberto; 10-12-2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 AM
doug

ok i have to ask.. what is "Mid-A"?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 AM
BobbyRitz

Bert-

Flash was early on and UTEC was my decision. I understood that they both weren't necessary. That was a timing issue, as UTEC wasn't available when I had my car reflashed.

I'm looking at my dyno sheet from that day...the dyno results ARE comparable as none of them were corrected. We all dyno'ed within a 2 hour timeframe. All results are comparable.

If you recall, that's what initially bought on our full discussion of SAE corrected versus uncorrected dyno sheets.

Last edited by BobbyRitz; 10-12-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mid-A=Mid-Atlantic, its the name of our regional forum on the boards and all of the guys in MD/VA just call themselves that on the boards.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
BobbyRitz

The Mid-Atlantic forum on my350z. There are a number of guys that hang out regularly.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its the mid atlantic section.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Driven1
Professional

Don't forget the Greddy Exhaust.

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
4 Shizzle -

If I read your post correctly, the only work you've had done at AAM is have them drop in a K&N and add a spacer? With all due respect, that isn't enough of a sample to form a personal opinion.

Try getting:

AAM spacer
AAM 3" single exhaust (which I dumped in favor of the HKS True Dual...Mike told me that the HKS is more restrictive than his 3". Last time I checked, just under 5" of exhaust flow is > 3")
AAM test pipes
AAM ECU reflash
UTEC
Tuner Reg Pro
MULTIPLE TUNING SESSIONS (biggest rip-off in my opinion)
UTEC Map Selector
Polished Plenum
ACT clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Injen intake

All installed by AAM. At last year's AAM BBQ, everyone was getting their car's dyno'ed. I wasn't interested, but after everyone who "wanted to see what all my perf. mods would put down", I did it.

Several '06 Z's put down in the 270's that day. Driven1, who has a beautiful Z, put down in the 270's with his '03 Z with only an AEM intake (and 20" wheels).

What did I put down??? After multiple "tuning" sessions done by their self-proclaimed "master tuner"????

257whp 247 TRQ

After all the money that I had spent, I was sick to my stomach...like someone had stolen something from me. Funny part, my feeling was RIGHT ON.

Mike knew I was pissed. Everyone there in the Mid-A knew I was pissed. Bert, Brent, Mike, Bob, Nowell, Charles, Keith...you name 'em. Mike agreed to giving me a 1/2 price tuning session to fix it (stupidly, I agreed).

Then magically, he took my Z and produced a dyno sheet that suggested 274whp / 259 TRQ. Hmmm...can you adjust the load on a DynoJet to inflate results???

I'm tired of the empty promises...empty results. It's high time that this board hears my story. And I've got more...with emails as well.

Quick Reply: Special $10,000.00 Turbonetics kit?!