Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS single TUrbo? yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Same can be said for the APS kits. One big reason why they haven't had as many blown motors is that they regulate who is actually doing the install work.
Not true, ther kits can be purchased and installed by ones self..
Old 10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by doug
thats funny... JWT blew up Loren's SuperCharged Maxima because they tuned his ECU for N/A instead of his 3.12 Pulley Setup
Ok well I'm sorry I didn't know that. I've been around the Sentra world and now Z world for just about 10 years now. I'm sure people make mistakes and since i don't know the details of that I'm not going to comment on it. I do know that JWt ECUs worked wonders on my first Sentra, his parts on my last Sentra, on everyone in Socals Sentra, in Chris' 400 WHP SR20 200Sx, my buddies 1st Gen Max running a 150 shot, the list goes on. I'm sure for every person I mention you are going to come up with a negative sotry for it. The fact is no one is perfect. But that doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. Too bad this article of SCC isn't online anymore Cause there was some really good exmaples of JWT ECU tuning in Shaggy's 200SX
Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I just can not understand how every single turbo thread turn into the ols TN vs APS vs JWT thread..Its really getting lame..
Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by zman1910
Wow! That I did not know...interesting to say the least
doug is a new breed of hardcore Greddy fanboys. I'm sensing some sincere hate towards everyone with a non-greddy setup lately.

Careful doug, you're dangerously approaching APS-fan levels of hate.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Not true, ther kits can be purchased and installed by ones self..
Yes, but at the cost of being completely and utterly disowned as a customer by both APS and APS authorized dealers. You're insane to say that APS has anywhere near the number of self-installed kits as other brands on the market. It's all a part of the APS quality control process that makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

It's all a part of the APS quality control process that makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint.
And how many APS kits that were shop installed VS self installed had issues..Very very few..You can not argue that APS's engineering goes above and beyond what is included in every other kit on the market, including the $7800 JWT kit that uses stock injectors and a Kenny Bell style booster pump for fuel..keep in mind the sole purpose of that shortcut is to pass carb, not to be designed to actually work flawlessly for years..
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

some of you guys forget or don't know i have been around VQ engines since 1997 when i first bought my 95 Maxima..
Old 10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
doug

doug is a new breed of hardcore Greddy fanboys. I'm sensing some sincere hate towards everyone with a non-greddy setup lately.

Careful doug, you're dangerously approaching APS-fan levels of hate.
hey.. i said the APS Kit was great for out of the box.. i am not hating on it...

the JWT Kit despite what VRT and their hamsters are doing to them... once you start going over 400 rwhp.. i dunno..

the Greddy Kit to ME .. is the best Tuner Twin Turbo Kit on the market.. look at some of the owners? BamBam, Berto, Phunk, Sharif, Jeremey and a couple other names i can't remember who are pushing big numbers... I remember the silver Z from TX that is pushing over 600.. he has that animated sig.. that other guy with the black Z w/ black rims pushing high hp...

Greddy Kit w/ Built Motor and corresponding upgrades is just ****ing amazing
Old 10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
doug

some of you guys forget or don't know i have been around VQ engines since 1997 when i first bought my 95 Maxima..
this comment doesn't mean i know more than anyone here.. i am just saying i know more about JWT than alot of people think i might know..
Old 10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
taurran

And how many APS kits that were shop installed VS self installed had issues..Very very few..You can not argue that APS's engineering goes above and beyond what is included in every other kit on the market, including the $7800 JWT kit that uses stock injectors and a Kenny Bell style booster pump for fuel..keep in mind the sole purpose of that shortcut is to pass carb, not to be designed to actually work flawlessly for years..
I can argue that. Slapping an archaic EMS, quasi-fuel return system, on an internal wastegate setup and then adding a self-proclaimed "most complete" marketing tag on the system is hardly what I call superior engineering. Don't get me wrong, it does serve its purpose.

If you want to talk true completeness, then any tuner kit on the market is more complete than the APS kit because the buyer can match their own quality fuel system and EMS to match their needs. Basically, this term "complete" is a marketing tool invented by APS and their dealers to give people the false impression that all other kits are sub-par. That, and the idea of a "complete" turbo kit is ultimately flawed unless there is absolutely no expense spared (the aps extreme kit actually achieves this from what I've seen).

You, as an APS dealer, shoudln't even be taking part in these discussions, as you have a personal monetary stake in the image of APS marketing hype and reputation. You really have no place in these forum discussions which should remain objective, as your paycheck relies on the kit you're hyping up.

JWT is not about taking shortcuts. They're about building a kit to meet certain standards and goals, and they have achieved that. You should quit trying to downplay this, you're only making yourself look like an elitist jerk in the process.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
doug

You, as an APS dealer, shoudln't even be taking part in these discussions, as you have a personal monetary stake in the image of APS marketing hype and reputation. You really have no place in these forum discussions which should remain objective, as your paycheck relies on the kit you're hyping up.
he installed and tuned my Greddy TT and i never heard the word APS come out of his mouth once
Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 PM
taurran

he installed and tuned my Greddy TT and i never heard the word APS come out of his mouth once
At that point your money was already spent, no reason scaring you off by pushing APS if there was install money to be had. I can guarantee if you were still deciding on a kit to buy you would have heard "APS" many times.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
doug

At that point your money was already spent, no reason scaring you off by pushing APS if there was install money to be had. I can guarantee if you were still deciding on a kit to buy you would have heard "APS" many times.
Silly Boy.. i had to call him first and talk to him before i knew where to send the money... he listened to what i wanted and got what i wanted..

or are you implying that i bought the kit and brought it there? the Greddy Warehouse is 5 mins from the Shop... he bought the kit i never saw the kit until it was installed in the car..

So if Julian wanted to "push" APS or persude me to buy APS he had more than enough time to do so.. and the day i drop my car off.. there were two cars in the shop.. and both of them had TN kits... amazing huh? There is also a guy from NYC with a TN Kit i think his name is Vantage.. its a Redline Z with black rims.. he has a TN kit... i am pretty sure Julian didn't push APS on him either

Last edited by doug; 10-17-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I can argue that. Slapping an archaic EMS, quasi-fuel return system, on an internal wastegate setup and then adding a self-proclaimed "most complete" marketing tag on the system is hardly what I call superior engineering. Don't get me wrong, it does serve its purpose.

If you want to talk true completeness, then any tuner kit on the market is more complete than the APS kit because the buyer can match their own quality fuel system and EMS to match their needs. Basically, this term "complete" is a marketing tool invented by APS and their dealers to give people the false impression that all other kits are sub-par. That, and the idea of a "complete" turbo kit is ultimately flawed unless there is absolutely no expense spared (the aps extreme kit actually achieves this from what I've seen).

JWT is not about taking shortcuts. They're about building a kit to meet certain standards and goals, and they have achieved that. You should quit trying to downplay this, you're only making yourself look like an elitist jerk in the process.
You seem to have an obvious contempt for me so my reply will be brief... First off We sell APS, Greddy, Turbonetics,Procharger, ect ect..Basically we sell the customer what THEY want, unlike most shops that sell them stuff they do not need.
Second, the APS TT kit, or ST kit is by far the most comprehensive and complete all in one kit on the market, and the number of blown engines and logged problem free miles speak for my argument..Do some research and you will find that Greddy,TN, Procharger,and Vortech have probably claimed more motors thus far, than APS kit's..This track record speaks for itself..
Greddy, comes with an archaic EMS system, and not even a Quasi return fuel system as does Turbonetics, that includes a Baind aid reflash of an ecu and undersized injectors and not even a Quasi Return fuel system at that!!
Your argument is flawed and your facts are incorrect, do some more research..
Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
taurran

Silly Boy..

Sorry couldn't resist...

i had to call him first and talk to him before i knew where to send the money... he listened to what i wanted and got what i wanted..

or are you implying that i bought the kit and brought it there? the Greddy Warehouse is 5 mins from the Shop... he bought the kit i never saw the kit until it was installed in the car..

So if Julian wanted to "push" APS or persude me to buy APS he had more than enough time to do so.. and the day i drop my car off.. there were two cars in the shop.. and both of them had TN kits... amazing huh? There is also a guy from NYC with a TN Kit i think his name is Vantage.. its a Redline Z with black rims.. he has a TN kit... i am pretty sure Julian didn't push APS on him either
Thanks for that story, but these guys CERTAINLY push these kits hard here on the site. Its good to know that they aren't so pushy in person (I've heard they aren't so bad in person), but in any case I think it would be bad for business to attempt to push another kit on someone who has already made up their mind which route they want to go. I'm assuming these people came to the shop with their mind set on a particular setup, and MRC does have the piece of mind not to drive away the customer by being TOO pushy in person.

But, you'll never convince me that a dealer can spend tens of thousands of dollars to become an authorized dealer for the turbo kit with the highest profit margin in the business and not be biased towards that particular setup. I don't care how friendly they've been in their person, they're in it to make money and that's what comes first (which I totally understand).
Old 10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
doug

Sorry couldn't resist...

Thanks for that story, but these guys CERTAINLY push these kits hard here on the site. Its good to know that they aren't so pushy in person (I've heard they aren't so bad in person), but in any case I think it would be bad for business to attempt to push another kit on someone who has already made up their mind which route they want to go. I'm assuming these people came to the shop with their mind set on a particular setup, and MRC does have the piece of mind not to drive away the customer by being TOO pushy in person.

But, you'll never convince me that a dealer can spend tens of thousands of dollars to become an authorized dealer for the turbo kit with the highest profit margin in the business and not be biased towards that particular setup. I don't care how friendly they've been in their person, they're in it to make money and that's what comes first (which I totally understand).
I don't believe they push kits online.... Julian has an APS Kit in his car so he speaks highly of it because he likes the features it has to offer... i don't think i have ever seen them post for anyone to come down to the shop and buy an APS Kit
Old 10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
taurran

You seem to have an obvious contempt for me so my reply will be brief... First off We sell APS, Greddy, Turbonetics,Procharger, ect ect..Basically we sell the customer what THEY want, unlike most shops that sell them stuff they do not need.
Second, the APS TT kit, or ST kit is by far the most comprehensive and complete all in one kit on the market, and the number of blown engines and logged problem free miles speak for my argument..Do some research and you will find that Greddy,TN, Procharger,and Vortech have probably claimed more motors thus far, than APS kit's..This track record speaks for itself..
Greddy, comes with an archaic EMS system, and not even a Quasi return fuel system as does Turbonetics, that includes a Baind aid reflash of an ecu and undersized injectors and not even a Quasi Return fuel system at that!!
Your argument is flawed and your facts are incorrect, do some more research..
I don't have contempt for you, only your extremely large attitude and condescending posts.

Give me a friggin break. My facts are "correct" as I was never making a comparison between kits, but somehow with you thats how any conversation ALWAYS turns.

You never fail to fall back on the same old rhetoric by insulting anything and everyone around you who does not play into your pocket.

I'm done with this conversation, as I can find better things to do with my time (perhaps beat my head on a brick wall).
Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Sorry couldn't resist...

Thanks for that story, but these guys CERTAINLY push these kits hard here on the site. Its good to know that they aren't so pushy in person (I've heard they aren't so bad in person),).
Hey, do a search of the classifieds first and see how many APS threads I have open, then come and talk your uninformed, trash to the forum..First off, I never even repleid to this thread in an attempt to sell anything, did I?
Second, the JWT nuthugger posted up in like the 3rd or 4th post, when all this original posted did was ask for advice..Pretty ironic huh?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I don't have contempt for you, only your extremely large attitude and condescending posts.
Not attitude my child, but confidence in our work, and knowing at the end of the day our customers are 100% satisfied..We dont employ any hardball tactics or estimate jacking like other shops..Our customers leave and stay happy, and were always 100% honest.We listen to customers goals and needs, and make "suggestions" but in the end it is the customer who makes the final decision..Of course I could sell every customer a Tuner kit and injectors,and fuel pump,and return fuel system, $500 electronic boost controller,ignition amplifier, ect ect..And make tons of $$$$ of them , like the OTHER shops, or I could just sell them a complete APS TT kit and actually SAVE them $$$$.And FYI the markup on an APS kit by the time it hits the US is VERY little trust me..I make more off a Greddy kit, which I can pick up within 5 mins from their warehouse..
I'm done with this conversation, as I can find better things to do with my time (perhaps beat my head on a brick wall).
That is probably the best news I have heard all week..Dont go away mad, just go away
Old 10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

You never fail to fall back on the same old rhetoric by insulting anything and everyone around you who does not play into your pocket.
Actually, in case you dont remember, you started the insults about the Arcaic EMS and Quasi return fuel system..All I stated is that APS puts forth a great deal of engineering into their products

Quick Reply: APS single TUrbo? yes or no