Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

*** JWT BB530's and BB700's side by side ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Hahaha. Nice. I love the doubters. Good, you keep believing whatever it is you believe, and we will just keep making the numbers that we do, over and over again, on severall cars, on a few different dyno's. Are you trying to say that JWT, "The Dyno Shop", Stillen, etc. are all involved in some kind of conspiracy to make all their dyno's read consistantly higher numbers repeatedly just for our VRT cars??

PM, Thanks for posting the pics, never thought to do it myself. I am sure you guys will find the JWT BB700 kit to be great, I know we have.
No problem man, just stating it the way I see it. Not one car out of your shop has backed up its Dynapack numbers with a Dyno Jet or independant dyno, from a company that has nothing to profit from the sale of their turbos. Dont take this as a flame on JWT either, cause its not.Im sure on paper and in theory their 700bb turbos flow enough air flow to support 700chp.But as you know, 700CHP and 700WHP are two different things, completely..
Same goes for the APS turbos..They claim on the standard kit to be able to achieve 800CHP worth of airflow, in theory of course.Yet APS themselves have never been confirmed to do such nor has anyone on the boards, been able to achive over the 600whp range on their standard turbos.
Thus far, all the heavy hitters that have been confirmed and tested to make 600+ hp on Dynojets are the Greddy Twins. Which is ironic cause they are the company which makes ZERO HP claims on their kits and turbos
Bottom line, I dont believe dick that a manufacturer markets about their kits..Regardless of who it is..Cause the bottom line is, they are all in the business of selling their turbo kits to the public...But until a completely independant source, completely divorced from personal profit and notoriety, tests all of these turbos back to back, and published true and accurate results, I will forever have my doubts.
As for your cars making 700hp on stock fuel rails with a "booster" pump at 20 psi and a split second box as tuning..LMAO, no comment.....And Im not the only one who questions your achievements...Its all in good fun however, Im not hating on you guys.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
In the beginning we had no idea what the hp approximations were derived from; am I to understand, now you are basing your assumptions from that of a 300ZX; interesting.

Might I ask at what compression ratio, valves per cylinder, etc., etc that these approximations were based upon?

G
Read much? Where did I say I was basing the numbers on a 300ZX? I think have said enough times I was basing the horsepower estimations on the FLOW RATE OF THE COMPRESSOR. Is that clear enough? did you ALREADY forget the whole tangent you took us on about the flow rate of the compressor not being a direct correlation to the power output of the car? You know the one that even Garrett backs? And while we're at Jim Wolf appears to agree with Garrett (surprise) me, Sharif, and Julian. It is quite apparent again to someone who has been playing with turbos for a while that the flow rate IS a direct indicator of power potential. But then again I guess we are all wrong and you are right. You should be doing system design yourself. You clearly know more then Garrett, Jim Wolf, Sharif, and everyone else.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 11-16-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
No problem man, just stating it the way I see it. Not one car out of your shop has backed up its Dynapack numbers with a Dyno Jet or independant dyno, from a company that has nothing to profit from the sale of their turbos. Dont take this as a flame on JWT either, cause its not.Im sure on paper and in theory their 700bb turbos flow enough air flow to support 700chp.But as you know, 700CHP and 700WHP are two different things, completely..

As for your cars making 700hp on stock fuel rails with a "booster" pump at 20 psi and a split second box as tuning..LMAO, no comment.....And Im not the only one who questions your achievements...Its all in good fun however, Im not hating on you guys.
okay, they have dyno'd at stillen and other places and still made the same power.

Secondly, Since you're the last person in America that doesn't know, Jewlian.......JWT does all VRT's tuning. JWT sets up the fuel system, and does all the tuning. So, as I've said before, those of you that question the info, call JWT. Because I'd like to meet the person that calls out JWT thinking they know more and actually DO. Because there are probably fewer people than frequent the FI section daily that know more or as much as Clark and Jim at JWT about turbos/cams, let alone Nissans and tuning them.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by chimmike
okay, they have dyno'd at stillen and other places and still made the same power.

Secondly, Since you're the last person in America that doesn't know, Jewlian.......JWT does all VRT's tuning. JWT sets up the fuel system, and does all the tuning. So, as I've said before, those of you that question the info, call JWT. Because I'd like to meet the person that calls out JWT thinking they know more and actually DO. Because there are probably fewer people than frequent the FI section daily that know more or as much as Clark and Jim at JWT about turbos/cams, let alone Nissans and tuning them.
I can think of a couple that know as much... (cough hack, Koji..cough hack, Jham...cough hack)
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I can think of a couple that know as much... (cough hack, Koji..cough hack, Jham...cough hack)

I'm pretty sure Clark and Jim know more bout turbos and cams than Kojima.....but then again, that doesn't really show how smart Kojima is, either, heh. I remember at PRI last year Kojima telling me he was going to team up with TN to design the GT-Ks.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by chimmike
I'm pretty sure Clark and Jim know more bout turbos and cams than Kojima.....but then again, that doesn't really show how smart Kojima is, either, heh. I remember at PRI last year Kojima telling me he was going to team up with TN to design the GT-Ks.
I think you'd be surprised when it comes to turbos bro. Kojima knows a LOT more then you think...hell you know him
Old 11-16-2006, 10:59 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I think you'd be surprised when it comes to turbos bro. Kojima knows a LOT more then you think...hell you know him
dude I know he knows a ton lol, believe me. Every time I talk tech with him or Clark I get dumber At least they're cool enough to educate me!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:16 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Same goes for the APS turbos..They claim on the standard kit to be able to achieve 800CHP worth of airflow, in theory of course.Yet APS themselves have never been confirmed to do such nor has anyone on the boards, been able to achive over the 600whp range on their standard turbos.
Thus far, all the heavy hitters that have been confirmed and tested to make 600+ hp on Dynojets are the Greddy Twins. Which is ironic cause they are the company which makes ZERO HP claims on their kits and turbos
Bottom line, I dont believe dick that a manufacturer markets about their kits..Regardless of who it is..Cause the bottom line is, they are all in the business of selling their turbo kits to the public...But until a completely independant source, completely divorced from personal profit and notoriety, tests all of these turbos back to back, and published true and accurate results, I will forever have my doubts.
LOL, I honor your persistance in standing by your beliefs. Like a capitain that sinks with his ship...

I am here to unravel the truth about VRT's dyno numbers. They pay all of their customers to keep their mouth shut, which is why you never hear any VRT customers complaining about their "real" numbers being lower than the ones that VRT claims. I am telling you this because Mr. A cut me short on his last payment and I am upset. And Jim Wolf...geez, that guy is a real piece of work, like a sleezy car salesman. All he cares about is making a quick buck, even if its at the expense of others. This is the reason that so many shops sell his kits. He doesn't care, the more people he has selling the kit, the more $$$ comes rolling in. Oh, and don't forget about the money he saved not including a fuel return system in his kits, that alone pays for his hooker & blow addiction. He runns his buisness like the mob. If he feels that you will post on the forums about one of his crappy turbo kits, he will have you killed before you can log on. As I type, there are three henchmen on their way to my office with silenced 9mms and a body bag. JWT + VRT = Biggest Conspiracy since Area 51!!! Everybody buy APS!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
chimmike

:rolf2: Spoken like a truly disgruntled customer! hahaha
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
And, Sharif, you surprise me, of all people to even think that someone like Vinny Ten, with his experience and knowledge would even consider such a cheap short cut.

350Zzzz: Not sure what you meant by this comment. I had no intention of discrediting anything that you, 1G, or Vinny are doing. Vinny is an amazing guy, and I met him last year at SEMA. I have a lot of respect for his ability to build some crazy fast drag cars. I did not post one iota of negativity or criticism towards him, you, or anyone on this thread. Just wanted to make that clear.

All good. The JWT is a well designed kit for its intended purpose. The stock kit is designed for stock engines at moderate boost and power levels. Jim Wolf himself told me about 520whp max efficient power (with a built motor of course). Beyond that, he suggested the 700BB that you posted above, which is rated at about 700whp. As MIA and MRC posted, theoretical valves are just that...theory. Actual user power levels are going to vary, based on more variables that one can list. So it would not be unusual for someone to achieve, more OR less power with these kits.

Hope that clears it up.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:36 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
LOL, I honor your persistance in standing by your beliefs. Like a capitain that sinks with his ship...

I am here to unravel the truth about VRT's dyno numbers. They pay all of their customers to keep their mouth shut, which is why you never hear any VRT customers complaining about their "real" numbers being lower than the ones that VRT claims. I am telling you this because Mr. A cut me short on his last payment and I am upset. And Jim Wolf...geez, that guy is a real piece of work, like a sleezy car salesman. All he cares about is making a quick buck, even if its at the expense of others. This is the reason that so many shops sell his kits. He doesn't care, the more people he has selling the kit, the more $$$ comes rolling in. Oh, and don't forget about the money he saved not including a fuel return system in his kits, that alone pays for his hooker & blow addiction. He runns his buisness like the mob. If he feels that you will post on the forums about one of his crappy turbo kits, he will have you killed before you can log on. As I type, there are three henchmen on their way to my office with silenced 9mms and a body bag. JWT + VRT = Biggest Conspiracy since Area 51!!! Everybody buy APS!!!
Hahaha. LOL

Some people just don't want to believe what is being done outside of their own world (thier box, or paradyme) I actually understand.

Let me know if you live through the night, after that post.... hahaha.

FYI we have consistantly made 700+ WHP with the 700BB kit, and 500+WHP with the 530BB kit on several independent companies dyno's on Dyno Jets, Dyno Packs, Dyno Dynamics, etc.

Lets not thread jack here anymore, back to P.M. and the pics they took of the turbo's

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-16-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
1G-350Z

350ZNV.... Funny
Old 11-16-2006, 12:08 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by 1G-350Z
350ZNV.... Funny
hahaha, I am in a bad mood today. Can you tell? lol
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

hahaha, I am in a bad mood today. Can you tell? lol
We all get that way sometimes.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:10 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
We all get that way sometimes.
Yep, and the F/I forum usually isn't the best place to go when you are in a bad mood lol.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Yep, and the F/I forum usually isn't the best place to go when you are in a bad mood lol.
350ZNV, You are one of the biggest liars in the VRT group, I don't believe your/our dyno numbers. You say you made 550+ WHP and 590+ WHP on the JWT TT 530BB kit with a basically stock fuel system, returnless?
What a liar, You should be ashamed of yourself (or ourselves)
Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
350ZNV, You are one of the biggest liars in the VRT group, I don't believe your/our dyno numbers. You say you made 550+ WHP and 590+ WHP on the JWT TT 530BB kit with a basically stock fuel system, returnless?
What a liar, You should be ashamed of yourself (or ourselves)
It was 690wtq d*ck. Like I said before, Mr. A pays me to fabricate such truths. He even taught me photoshop so I could make a dyno chart. I don't even have a 350Z. I drive a Tiburon and a RAV-4.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

It was 690wtq d*ck. Like I said before, Mr. A pays me to fabricate such truths. He even taught me photoshop so I could make a dyno chart. I don't even have a 350Z. I drive a Tiburon and a RAV-4.
I am respectfully reserving my opinions on this topic, however..Sharif,Miaplaya,Vinny Ten,GRD,APS,whoever you add to the list, will ALL agree that the stock fuel system is not ideal for producing high HP on any car.There is an OBVIOUS flow restriction on the crossover between the two rails Where the feed line bends upward to make clearance. It seems as if JWT and VRT are the only two companies that see the stock fuel system being a safe and reliable way to make HP.. This is one thing all of us agree on, and heck, I dont even get along with Sharif & Miaplaya that much and yet we still agree on this subject.
And on a side note, I also never said "buy APS" as you so posted in your first reply. This was a classic case of you reading what you want, and misquoting me and adding what YOU felt like adding as my words. I also ripped apart APS's claims of HP output at the same time, go back and re-read it, youll see..
Anyhow, Im fed up with the MY350Z.com, My c ock is bigger than your
co ck typical off topic debates of the turbos..Theory is just that until applied, THEORY... Im respectfully withdrawing from this debate before it turns into its typical MRC Bashing witch hunt...
To the OP, Nice big AS S snails, howe they make the power you want, good luck with the project, your in good hands with Vinny..
Old 11-16-2006, 01:22 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

^^^I will add myself to that list if/when I have any problems with my fuel system.

As far as the APS thing goes, that wasn't directed at you. In fact only the first part was directed at you. The rest is directed at the overall group of JWT VRT skeptics. Besides, I have no clue how big your c*ck is ...
Old 11-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

its not very big from what Jvanquish said....

j/k you know Im cool with you Julian.

Quick Reply: *** JWT BB530's and BB700's side by side ***