Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

*** JWT BB530's and BB700's side by side ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So lemme get this straight.. Vinny Ten teamed up with JWT and took 1.5 years(!) to build you the "ultimate" Twin Turbo VQ35 motor.. no expenses spared .. top of the line everything + the latest and greatest engine management..

*BUT*

you are still running the stock NA fuel system??? I got a pic for ya:

Old 11-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leemik
I got a pic for ya:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So lemme get this straight.. Vinny Ten teamed up with JWT and took 1.5 years(!) to build you the "ultimate" Twin Turbo VQ35 motor.. no expenses spared .. top of the line everything + the latest and greatest engine management..

*BUT*

you are still running the stock NA fuel system??? I got a pic for ya:

Vinny is a really stand up guy and that picture is way off the mark here..
The whole fact of the matter is, Gerald is making some blanket statements based on no experiences of his own.He blew his original motor using a Procharger with its stock engine management, and it was a piston not a sleeve that was the issue.
Gerald also happens to have ALOT of money, so therefore money is not an object, and if my customers make it known that they want the best of the best and money is no object, then they would get a similar set up as Gerald got. However for Gerald to say if you dont sleeve your motor and build up a $30,000 motor, then your engine will blow up, is at least a reckless comment on his part.
To understand what Vinny is doing is to understand His method and experiences. Vinny already knows what it takes to do a VQ motor to produce 1800+whp and run 6 second 200+mph passes. The technology he has invented is applied to his motors. Vinny goes all out on his motors and IMHO is worth it if you have the money to spend, however most people do not and simply want reliable boosted VQ fun to the tune of 400-600hp.
Vinny engineeres his motors working back from the extreme, where as shops like mine and Sharif, work "UP" from the lower end, and discover what is the "bare minimum" a customer could do to reliably achieve his goals.
Basically, look at it like this, does the end customer want a "race car" that can be driven on the street, or a "street Car" that can be driven on the track?
IMHO Geralds car is way overkill for his driving habbits and abilities and the car will never be used to its full potential..Basically it was built simply for Gerald to say he has a xxx whp car, and spent $xxxxxx on it...
On a further note, for Gerald to make a poor statement as to the rigidity of stock sleeves at 500-600whp, is pretty ironic considering the engine management he is currently using. Last time I saw a stock sleeve fail was due to a rod smashing through it at 7000 rpms, cause it snapped from structural failure, and or detonation. I personally would never spend the $$$$ Gerald spent and run aound with stock injectors and a $40 Split second box at 430whp, and on top of that Talk SMACK on everone elses set up.
Sorry G,
call it like I see it....
Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

No doubt that Vinny has a great rep. and does great work but like you said not everyone needs that and not everyone wants to wait a year and a half to get a motor.
I don't think Mike meant any malice towards Vinny Ten with that GIF either so noone needs to get bent out of shape over it.

Last edited by 35ounces; 12-01-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:11 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A message from Vinny Ten

OK guys I guess its my turn to get slandered on this site. I never go on these sites personally, but when some people on the forums print these outrageous statements I have to defend my reputation and honor. First I want to thank Julian @ MRC for his last statement and the same for Sharif. I know them both and they are great guys, both of them. Our relationships prove that competitors can still be friends, be courteous, and co-exist in the same industry specializing in the the same cars without throwing anyone under a bus, so thanks guys. As far as Gerald is concerned, he is a friend to the shop and a customer. He wanted the best of the best, and that's what he got. Unfortunately, when you wnat the best it costs the most. As far as pricing goes, the race engines for the pro import cars cost upwards of $50k. Anyone that knows anything about turbo race engines knows this to be true, in fact that's a pretty reasonable price to make 1800HP. I also like to address Gerald's stock fuel system and ECU box that he is currently running. Gerald @ the moment is making 430HP @ 6500 RPM @ 7lbs of boost , which the stock fuel system with an FMU and a Split Second Box from JWT can handle. The reason I am doing this is because we @ VINNY TEN RACING have the HYDRA EMS coming out in January (Details of that box will be released shortly) at that time we will install a fuel system, pump, lines, injectors, regulator, and the HYDRA EMS. Then at that point we will turn up the boost and RPM. Gerald's engine is capable of sustaining 30+ psi of boost and 8500 RPM. Why? because he wanted it. Will he ever use it? who knows. Gerald is one of the nicest people I have ever met as far as I'm concerned and does not have any malice in his heart, but remember he is not an expert and maybe some of his comment and opinions may not be correct. However like most of you guys, he is learning, and I am sure he will learn from this experience as well. As far as people trying to quantify their own existence by putting other people down in our community, well I guess that speaks volumes about their character and integrity. As far as that picture goes, if my350z.com doesn't feel thats not disrespectful by implying someone is a thief, then i don't know what is. I guess thats up to the forum and the community. In the meantime I will go back to building engines and installing turbo kits, and pioneering new products for a community that I appreciate so much. And I have met so many great people from the 350z/G35 community, but like everyone knows there is always an a**hole in every crowd trying to burt someone they don't even know.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

- Vinny Ten
6.63 @ 215 Pro Car
8.33 @ 176 Street Tire Car

PS. I will not respond to anymore of this nonsense, I said what i had to say and once again thanks to Julian and Sharif you guys are a class act!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by 35ounces
No doubt that Vinny has a great rep. and does great work but like you said not everyone needs that and not everyone wants to wait a year and a half to get a motor.
Ok you are right... Alot of people would not wait... Some like my self did... We were not ready to release a engine program till now... If that's good for you great.... If not we understand....

To say or even imply we took 1.5 years to build a motor, is nonsense...
Old 12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^
Well said.

I completely agree that he should be banned for that picture. It was disrespectful to say the least and should not be acceptable at all. Things like that are why I stopped going to 350zmotoring.com.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:33 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The Gerald that I know seems different from the Gerald that Performance Motorsports knows.. I'll just leave it at that..

BUT If someone building my motor told me my car would be "done next week" for 1.5 years(!) ... I'd probably react like Gerald and drive outta there as soon as the thing started up and ran .. stock injectors and all.. so yeah, i guess i do understand why he did what he did..
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 AM
TheCajunStyle

There's some personal issues between leemik and 350Zzzz that are obviously spilling over on this site. That's why I stopped going to all the local club sites because I got so sick of the libel that was going on between them.

One more thing that I know of this situation that might help people's understanding:

Gerald's motor was assembled by specific parts that Vinny Ten himself has specified. They are not available to anyone except Vinny Ten. Vinny then receives these parts (whose part numbers start with "VT-") and then machines them even further to the motor's exact specs. There is a ton of research going on for this first customer build. Gerald is generous enough to provide the "capital" required to research and build the first reliable daily driven 1800 horsepower beast. This isn't your average "slapped together" 500whp built engine. There's more to this than most people realize. Yes, he does have the stock fuel system at the moment. But, as was previously stated, he will have the first Hydra EMS installed and tuned (along with a supporting fuel system) in his car this coming '07. Currently, his engine is only putting out 25% of which it will be capable.

I guess the only thing that really stirred the pot was Gerald jumping the gun and telling the world what he is getting in the very near future and then the "thief" insults start pouring down.

I'm ashamed too, that this has to happen in our community. People who have no business even commenting on the respectability of a shop (as they have done ZERO business with them) are coming into this thread just to turn it into a clusterfcuk.

Performance Motorsports charged me the market price for my TT kit/install. I know Forged Performance and MRC do the same. All of these places produce reliable daily driven Zs and Gs. That right there deserves some respect.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

As always, Vinny is a class act..I had the pleasure of meeting him this year for the first time, and we hit it off pretty darn good..Most likely cause were a couple of Guidos from the neighberhood, and have a non nonesence attitude towards ****..Our time is valuable, and we dont waste our time..this forum as of late has become more and more a waste of time for me, as I personally also find myself having to defend myself and every little word on almost a daily basis....The moderation has gone down hill to a point of almost non existant, the moderation of the vendor forums has gone down even worse, with people bumping their whored out pricing threads on a daily basis and posting 32 open threads for the same types of products..Also as of late this forum has become flooded with new vendors with rock bottom pricing..Despite companies like mine who have been members and supporters for over 4 years now and actually contribute to the topics,threads, and give advice and answer questions, the members of these forums will price shop for a difference of $4 rather than purchasing stuff from a long time sponsor, they show ZERO loyalty..
I myself have been the topic of bashins,calling outs,rude comments,ect ect..And basically, I am giving up on this forum in 2007.we will be moving onwards to bigger and better things and different platforms..Besides, why pay a sponsor fee every month when you can freely advertise your business in your signature and PM people pricing with out getting cuaght like so many have begun to do...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:01 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

I dont think anyone called PM or VT a thief. Be ashamed all you want. Mike has a right to his opinion. No need to blow it out of proportion. My post to G about him waiting for a replacement if his engine died was direct and far from out of line in the context of these posts.
Leemik has been a valued contributor on this forum for longer than most of the members have had their Z's and made a valid statement. The image he posted that everyone got so upset over was in jest so relax. We all know PM has a good reputation and VT is the stud of VQ's.

The bottomline here is that we still don't know how important it is to do the sleeves. Some people will go way overbaord for what they really need. Others won't.

Last edited by 35ounces; 12-01-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny is a stand up guy, period, and end of story... His reputation for building fast cars can't be debated; the man simply knows his stuff... I've spoken to Vinny a few times, and besides some mutual friends and the fact that we use some of the same resources - we didn't know each other... Regardless, he took time out to talk with me and discuss the VQ motor, benefits, issues, potential fixes, etc... Ask yourself how many top builders do that with no vested interest?

Now, some people do go a bit over board with the a$s kissing, but yeah - I'm a fan too...

Last edited by Philthy; 12-01-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

It is phenomenal; how someone can take Ward's 10 Best Engines and actually make it better, much more efficient. I have seen ported heads from the machine shop and ported heads after it comes out of Vinny’s machine room.

I spent the last 3 years following Performance Motorsport through the R & D. It began with the 8.33 sec 350z, after each run the entire block would be dismantled for scrutiny, whether the engine blew or not. When Vinny Ten began his 6 sec 350Z program, again I was closely following the developments. We would chat at the shop, the tracks and I witness on occasions the dismantling and reassembling of the entire block after each run. If anyone followed Vinny’s career you will note that in his entire racing and engine building career he never ever blew windows in any of the blocks.

When I first spoke to Vinny he said that if I wanted him to build my motor I would have to wait till he’s completed the project. I had a choice, to get a pre-built block drop it in and use what’s available in the market at that particular time and done with it; or wait. It was my decision to wait, as I was not too impressed with what was generally available then, about a year ago.

Vinny is a genius, and for him, interacting with the engine is just second nature to him. He can spec out a problem before it even happens just by looking at the wear and tear taking place. I have witnessed Vinny, solve problems that got others totally stumped and completely baffled.

I don’t see the relevance with what my decision/s may be, to wait or not to wait. And for the record, all my comments were my own personal opinion and I never professed that they were totally irrefutable. I am learning something new about the internal combustion engine every day, and second of my life.

But to drag Vinny in without having ever known him, and to take the time and trouble to slander him graphically, and deface another members’ signature is totally infantile, disrespectful & unacceptable. It was premeditated and totally intentional, no one can generate such a graphically image of insult just by accident or in jest. I for one have no interest in responding to silly post that’s out to bait someone down to your level, but when you take the liberty to insult and slander a friend, a good friend at that, at my expense than I say, he should be banned from the forums; as stated at the bottom of this page.

Vinny is a special friend and I hold him in very high respect. Everyone in the business know of him and his accomplishments, even when I spoke with HRE wheels about their new flagship 890R, I was asked who was modding my Z, and I said Vinny; the reply I received was, “The Vinny Ten, yes we know him.”

I have known Julian and MRC way back in 2003, we have our differences but I respect him as a friend. Like Julian I speak my mind, and then apologies if I step on someone’s toes, which was totally unintentionally. My friends know me, but you Michael, I don’t even know you, as I only vaguely remember meeting you just once, at a meet, that was all. Therefore, when you imply that you know me, or off me, you are full of hot air.

FYI, I have no desire to know you.

The Gerald that I know seems different from the Gerald that Performance Motorsports knows.. I'll just leave it at that.
BUT If someone building my motor told me my car would be "done next week" for 1.5 years(!) ... I'd probably react like Gerald and drive outta there as soon as the thing started up and ran .. stock injectors and all.. so yeah, i guess i do understand why he did what he did..
I am not the least like you and I definitely do not think or react in anyway like you, get that straight. This is the last straw, as no one takes cheap shots at my friends, at my expense. I would have ignored you if you had directed your meaningless BS at me; but not my friends, as that is going too far.

G
_______