Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Holsets vs Garrets

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:38 AM
dukeduster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
That was the Performance Motorsport Tube chassis car, not a unibody car. There is another 350Z in the 6s that is a tubbed, unibody 350Z running on gasoline. It's the blue extremeracecars.com 350Z. Much more impressive than the PM car...only a couple tenths and mph slower and it's a unibody car.

So the Holset fanboi is right...unibody 350Zs aren't in the 7s...they are in the 6s..... Oh...and that's on Garrett turbos...not Holsets...
Yah and im sure their turbo is no where near 198.416 LB/min like it could spool it anyway. why no wheel dimensions? guys don't know how to measure just look it up on Google noobs LATER. You guys are gonna cry when we put a holset on rocks car then see how you Holset bashers like that. close this thread cause im done posting since the board is 90% ricers.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 AM
GMZ

Good bye!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:18 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by dukeduster
Yah and im sure their turbo is no where near 198.416 LB/min like it could spool it anyway. why no wheel dimensions? guys don't know how to measure just look it up on Google noobs LATER. You guys are gonna cry when we put a holset on rocks car then see how you Holset bashers like that. close this thread cause im done posting since the board is 90% ricers.
First of all I wasn't saying that a T66 was a large turbo by any means. In fact I consider it to be midsized personally. My point was that we don't need a twin scroll/divided turbine housing to "improve" spool up as you put it as we are spooling T4 P trim turbines with T66 compressors sooner then your EJ25 is spooling GT3582s using a T3 turbine. And don't start preaching to me about max air flow. There are plenty of turbos that flow more than that POS Holset you keep bringing up. The entire Turbonetics Thumper line of turbos can outflow that Holset with room to spare. In fact the Thumper T106 can flow 250lb/min with peak efficiency. Even the Y2K larger compressors can outflow (Y2K T88) and with greater efficiency. Just so we are clear what does setting valve lash have to do with desiging, installing, or tuning turbo cars? Don't talk down to me like you are the end all be all authority on turbos. Go back to NASIOC already you damn troll...
Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Nealoc187

You are a joke dude. If you want to stop seeing yourself owned over and over you should probably just stop returning to this thread. It's obvious that's why you keep clamoring for this thread to be deleted. You're being proved wrong at every turn and yet you won't let it go. How sad.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:34 AM
dukeduster

"Just so we are clear what does setting valve lash have to do with desiging, installing, or tuning turbo cars?"

HAHA, well if you knew what valve lash is you would know it plays a VERY big part on your turbo engine. idiot! if i wanted to pay thousands of dollars for a turbo I would get a turbonetics obviously your sporting that brand on your avatar so it must mean something. Wow it amazes me how people dont even know how an engine works yet they can flame you for knowing something haha. see how far you get running a cam with different lifts on the cams lol retard!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
MIAPLAYA

"Just so we are clear what does setting valve lash have to do with desiging, installing, or tuning turbo cars?"

HAHA, well if you knew what valve lash is you would know it plays a VERY big part on your turbo engine. idiot! if i wanted to pay thousands of dollars for a turbo I would get a turbonetics obviously your sporting that brand on your avatar so it must mean something. Wow it amazes me how people dont even know how an engine works yet they can flame you for knowing something haha. see how far you get running a cam with different lifts on the cams lol retard!
First of all I never said I don't know how to set valve lash. I just don't see what valve lash has to do with compressor or turbine wheels or anything else related to turbo or turbo system design.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
tig488

why dont you come back when you have solid results, which will likely be never.