Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM
wilkins81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can I use that tuner an hook up the extra fuel pump my self an everything should run fine eh?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM
TunerMax

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, here:

Had some spare ones, feel free to use them dude. lol
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 AM
SkyZ33

I have a Vortech V3 on a 04 350z, tuned with Orsiris and with DW 600cc injectors.
Everytime I start the car I need to give a little gas or else it would die, but this morning I forgot to give a little gas and it die, and won't let me start at all after that, any suggestion plz, thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
npr350z

Hi! Let me start off by saying very informative, I've only read about 1/3 of the post, I plan on once I have the time finishing reading the rest. But let me get to the meat and patotoes of it, I'm picking up a used vortech for a non rev up in a few days. It doesn't come with injectors, and I opted to not get the black box with it as I plan on going with Osiris, but if I'm using the stock pulley will I need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump? I'm not planning on swapping out the pulley till I build the engine. Also what should I check for for wear and tear? I'm not in a rush to put it on and I plan on getting the air fuel gauge, oil temp, and boost gauge and using the greddy oil pan for the return lines and oil temp gauge. I have the kinetix intake manifold, z1 test pipes, motordyne y pipe, and nismo cat...err y back exhaust, I plan on Crawford headers, and the motordyne art pipes when I get the headers and a over bored throttle body. But will the injectors and fuel pump be able to handle low 300hp or is it better to just upgrade now? The only thing I plan on after the headers, art pipes, and throttle body is a electronic 3 inch cut out after the y pipe, and possibly switching the piping diameter too 80mm.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
npr350z

Also thankyou very much
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM
npr350z

Also is it worth picking up the revised pulley setup? Or will the standard pulley set up suffice?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is the proper order for building
1.fuel system
2.gauges
3.FI
4.anything else

do not spend a dollar on exhaust headers etc until you have fuel pump and injectors.

Originally Posted by npr350z
Hi! Let me start off by saying very informative, I've only read about 1/3 of the post, I plan on once I have the time finishing reading the rest. But let me get to the meat and patotoes of it, I'm picking up a used vortech for a non rev up in a few days. It doesn't come with injectors, and I opted to not get the black box with it as I plan on going with Osiris, but if I'm using the stock pulley will I need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump? I'm not planning on swapping out the pulley till I build the engine. Also what should I check for for wear and tear? I'm not in a rush to put it on and I plan on getting the air fuel gauge, oil temp, and boost gauge and using the greddy oil pan for the return lines and oil temp gauge. I have the kinetix intake manifold, z1 test pipes, motordyne y pipe, and nismo cat...err y back exhaust, I plan on Crawford headers, and the motordyne art pipes when I get the headers and a over bored throttle body. But will the injectors and fuel pump be able to handle low 300hp or is it better to just upgrade now? The only thing I plan on after the headers, art pipes, and throttle body is a electronic 3 inch cut out after the y pipe, and possibly switching the piping diameter too 80mm.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:28 PM
npr350z

So a walbro 255 and 440cc dw injectors or should I just get the 600cc for some over head?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
- bigc -

the answers are in the other 2/3rds of the posts in this thread.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
TunerMax

Sounds like your goals will quickly outrun the 440s. Id go bigger right off the hop. And yes, the answers are all in here

str8 Laid that order down awesome also

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-26-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Calinismo350z

Originally Posted by npr350z
I would say just install the Vortech kit with the SS box and stock pulley, your stock injectors would be good. then save that money your gonna waist on Osiris at te end once you have build the engine and upgrad it to smaller pulley. also upgrade the injectors once the engine it's been build. you'll save time and money. and if your gonna build your engine your gonna need at least 800cc w fuel return system. if you want I have the SS box w the inline fuel pump FMU system. I would let it go for 200$+ shipping
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 AM
TSG-Z

My pride has taken a hit for the question that I'm about to ask, so I apologize up front! However, I'm about to order the 928 impeller and for the life of me I cant recall the rotation of the impeller! I want to say it's spins clockwise, but I'm not sure and car is not with me right now.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Threads

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
My pride has taken a hit for the question that I'm about to ask, so I apologize up front! However, I'm about to order the 928 impeller and for the life of me I cant recall the rotation of the impeller! I want to say it's spins clockwise, but I'm not sure and car is not with me right now.
It's CCW if you're using a vortech kit made for our vehicles.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Triji

Threads is correct CCW... Seems a bit counter intuitive as you watch the belt it seems to turn CW but here is a pic to put your mind at ease from 928's site.

Compare the volute in pic w/ yours... Have to turn it upside down in your mind with the way it sits in the car: http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/...h_impeller.php
Attached Thumbnails vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions-ccwdirection.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
TSG-Z

Thanks guys! I'm ordering tomorrow, considering getting their 2.62 pulley as well.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM
str8dum1

get a ATI crank damper pulley before bothering with the 2.62. that tiny 2.62 pulley has so little belt wrap, all it does is slip. bigger crank pulley means more belt wrap and less slip.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Threads

Originally Posted by str8dum1
get a ATI crank damper pulley before bothering with the 2.62. that tiny 2.62 pulley has so little belt wrap, all it does is slip. bigger crank pulley means more belt wrap and less slip.
While I agree with getting a larger crank pulley first for more belt wrap, I wouldn't necessarily say that all the 2.62 pulley does is slip. FWIW, I've used the 2.62 pulley, and my boost graph was still linear until redline. Now, was there belt slip? I'm sure there was, but the vehicle still made more boost than with a larger pulley.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 AM
TunerMax

I finally fixed the belt squeal/slip and accellerated belt wear issue

If we didn't ALL fight this issue, I'd consider this a shameless self plug. However, since everyone with a non-revup Vortech kit WILL experience slip, squeal, and belt problems due to improper tension and a crappy stock design, it's more to help than it is to self promote.

If the mods feel I should not post this here please feel free to remove it.

Here's the feeler thread for newest pulley mod for this kit, please chime in with your imput!

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...l#post10115727
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TunerMax
non-revup Vortech kit WILL experience slip, squeal, and belt problems due to improper tension and a crappy stock design,
A serpentine belt is designed to slip so it doesn't damage the drive components. That is the whole point behind it. The stock design isn't crappy because it's only designed for around 400hp. Anything more then vortech uses thicker belts like they do on the kits for domestics. 8 or 10 rib belts are for higher hp application. I personally think they designed it quite well for what the supercharger was made to do.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

This was fix by TimRod's Vortech Belt Slip/ Noise Solution in 2004

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-solution.html

Originally Posted by TunerMax
I finally fixed the belt squeal/slip and accellerated belt wear issue

If we didn't ALL fight this issue, I'd consider this a shameless self plug. However, since everyone with a non-revup Vortech kit WILL experience slip, squeal, and belt problems due to improper tension and a crappy stock design, it's more to help than it is to self promote.

If the mods feel I should not post this here please feel free to remove it.

Here's the feeler thread for newest pulley mod for this kit, please chime in with your imput!

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...l#post10115727

Quick Reply: vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions