Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Erdem

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allright.... now that my engine is dead. what would you guys do to reach around 500whp
built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
is a Fuel Return System needed?
and what should I do with the v2 SC Trim?
and also.. am I going to be fine with Uprev?
thanks alot guys.. I'm just on the edge to give up on my car.. maybe giving it a last chance with this.
thanks for all of your help so far..
Old 06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Erdem
Allright.... now that my engine is dead. what would you guys do to reach around 500whp
built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
thanks alot guys.. I'm just on the edge to give up on my car.. maybe giving it a last chance with this.
Sorry to here that what happened to your engine didn't you just put the vortech on?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM
GT-ER

built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
I would go with 800cc injectors, a fuel return, T-trim Supercharger or at least the 928M impeller, Get a huge intercooler, cams, and everything that goes in between. 500whp isn't easy on a vortech...but doable.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:48 PM
ITOzann

built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
sorry to hear about it man. IMO go with a TT or ST if your goals are 500whp+
Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
trying to get 500 on a vortech you'll need a fuel return and bigger than 600cc injectors. I maxed my 800's with 451 on the DD (which is 507hp on the dj). I was pushing it to 7700 redline to get that also.

you'll need a larger intercooler. my intake temps were up by 190* if we did a few pulls back to back.

I would definitely go with a t-trim if you had the option.

so what happened to your motor?
Old 06-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Synjn

PCV adjustment?:

Under the recommendation of a friend, I changed my by pass valve (BPV) adjustment from 8 threads showing to 4 threads showing. Now I have a constant whistle, no compressor surge (as I understand it) but a slight change in boost behavior. Any advice? This my first time messing with this.

Last edited by Synjn; 06-30-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
i'm sorry to hear that.. care to share what happened?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
trying to get 500 on a vortech you'll need a fuel return and bigger than 600cc injectors. I maxed my 800's with 451 on the DD (which is 507hp on the dj). I was pushing it to 7700 redline to get that also.

you'll need a larger intercooler. my intake temps were up by 190* if we did a few pulls back to back.

I would definitely go with a t-trim if you had the option.

so what happened to your motor?
daum BINDER!

I have the TTrim because I know I will get the 450 DD stage one day. Can you PM me your set up? Did you go all Custom Pipes or what. I have a brand new OEM block that I am going to drop in this summer, yes I just put a motor in last month...lol. But doing most of the work myself saves and makes motor swaps easy.

I just let my Unichip go for the UpRev because after my buddies TTG37, I was hooked on the Software....smooth is an understatement.

car was on the dyno about midnight last night, no result via text yet. Still stock block on 600, no fuel return yet either. Just T-Trim upgrage on the 2.87, RevUp motor.

Binder you have a nonrev up correct? Very nice to hit 450 on the heartbreaker DD with a Vortec. My stock set up hit 330 on a DD....few upgrades hit 408 DP dyno.

also I will driving the G right through I70 the weekend after July 13 (my bday) headed to St. Louis. If the car is running right. I will sure to build in an hour or so to catch up with you. If I am not coming through at 2am. lMAO

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-01-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

built block of course.
600cc DW
255Lph Walbro
oil cooler maybe
build it for NOS. (750-1500 for good NOS system) Use what you have as far as the SC, then drop a 150 shot on it. Easy as pie to hit 500RWH... then with the SC you are not killing you motor by running high HP all the time. only when the swith is active.

going turbo is tons more cash, if you are at your end, use what you have. I would NOT go low compression pistons....

build it just use the stock compression, or a tad lower or highter. No need to get so low that you need 20psi to make 500RWHP.

if you went higher comp. then a 75 shot will get you 500 with the set ups that are on here. But if you are really on a budget, 500RWHP might be too much for you. If not, go TT. I am a country boy and turbos just dont fit my personality. It took me years to go centrifugal vs roots. lol. I guess I am what you would call a BLACK NECK. lol. Cars in my town dont have hoods on them because the effing blower is so huge. 10 second car or go home for the street. LOL SC and Nitro all daum day.

there is alwasy the C63 AMG or Caddy CTSV stock at 500...lol
my two cents and roll over minutes!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-01-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 AM
binder

Originally Posted by Synjn
PCV adjustment?:

Under the recommendation of a friend, I changed my by pass valve (BPV) adjustment from 8 threads showing to 4 threads showing. Now I have a constant whistle, no compressor surge (as I understand it) but a slight change in boost behavior. Any advice? This my first time messing with this.
when you screw the adjustment IN you are closing the distance between the opening and the cover therefore all that air has to come through a smaller hole which means increased velocity and noise.

You don't need it to be 4 turns. All you are doing is closing the valve sooner in vacuum. It will affect you boost production ZERO. Like i've always said, the BPV only controls how soon the valve closes. Boost is generated soley on rpm which can only be adjusted by adjusting the size of the pulley.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Fignutz

does vortech make a t trim blower in v3 form?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Vash350Z

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
daum BINDER!

I have the TTrim because I know I will get the 450 DD stage one day. Can you PM me your set up? Did you go all Custom Pipes or what. I have a brand new OEM block that I am going to drop in this summer, yes I just put a motor in last month...lol. But doing most of the work myself saves and makes motor swaps easy.

I just let my Unichip go for the UpRev because after my buddies TTG37, I was hooked on the Software....smooth is an understatement.

car was on the dyno about midnight last night, no result via text yet. Still stock block on 600, no fuel return yet either. Just T-Trim upgrage on the 2.87, RevUp motor.

Binder you have a nonrev up correct? Very nice to hit 450 on the heartbreaker DD with a Vortec. My stock set up hit 330 on a DD....few upgrades hit 408 DP dyno.

also I will driving the G right through I70 the weekend after July 13 (my bday) headed to St. Louis. If the car is running right. I will sure to build in an hour or so to catch up with you. If I am not coming through at 2am. lMAO
Any numbers yet?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
binder

Originally Posted by Fignutz
does vortech make a t trim blower in v3 form?
nope, a quick check on vortech's site will show you that a t-trim is only a V1 blower.

and no numbers yet. injected is booked until august! hal's jury duty backed up their schedule big time.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^why not just go to sound performance. they are 80 miles closer from terre haute than lexington
Old 07-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Erdem

one day the car really began smoking from the exhaust... and I took it to my mechanic 1 or 2 days later(not using the car of course. one piston was not working. it was misfire...
anyways I bought new spark plugs and 1 week later I got them on...
the problem with the one spark plug was, it had oil on it, so it would not spark..
anyways, I decided not to use the car before changing head gaskets and valve rings..
It was the first possible fault, in me and my tuners mind..
so I drove the car home, about 15 km.. 1 km from my home, I could hear the pistons...
SHIIIIIIIITT..
the engine did spit all the oil out from the exhaust, on the trip home..

I think I'll "just" replace the shortblock, and when the engine is out I could as well change valve rings, head gaskets etc... and why not go with a forged block?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

one day the car really began smoking from the exhaust... and I took it to my mechanic 1 or 2 days later(not using the car of course. one piston was not working. it was misfire...
the problem with the one spark plug was, it had oil on it, so it would not spark..
anyways, I decided not to use the car before changing head gaskets and valve rings..
so I drove the car home, about 15 km.. 1 km from my home, I could hear the pistons...
SHIIIIIIIITT..

I think I'll "just" replace the shortblock, and when the engine is out I could as well change valve rings, head gaskets etc... and why not go with a forged block?
Hard luck man, sorry to hear that.. hopefully things works out well this time.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 AM
binder

Originally Posted by str8dum1
^why not just go to sound performance. they are 80 miles closer from terre haute than lexington
haltech and i'm in stl for school right now. It's actually equal.

does larry do many haltechs? he's probably one of the few i would trust with my car besides hal so he's an option. I just like hals' background with the haltech and the shop has done good things for me so far.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 AM
binder

SHIIIIIIIITT..

ya, just get a shortblock and do the swap. less headache.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:12 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If they can do ProEFI, Haltech is just the same. Just another option instead of waiting another month or more.

Originally Posted by binder
haltech and i'm in stl for school right now. It's actually equal.

does larry do many haltechs? he's probably one of the few i would trust with my car besides hal so he's an option. I just like hals' background with the haltech and the shop has done good things for me so far.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Erdem

thanks guys..

Quick Reply: vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions