Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
If they can do ProEFI, Haltech is just the same. Just another option instead of waiting another month or more.
i'll call him today. I hate taking my business elsewhere because hal has done a lot for me but 2 months is a long time to wait with my car sitting here.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vash350Z
Any numbers yet?

no inflated DynoJet 375RWHP at 5K rpms... ran out of time. Should be done tunning on Tues or Wed of next week.

i had to add a catch can and mod the pvc but she is running like a champ even when shifting at 5K.

cant wait for full redline to be had!

Quick GWIZ INFO

It appears as if the Ttrim not only has blade pitch differencs, but the amount of blades are different also. Looks to be at least double the blades? Maybe its just me, but this is what looks to be true. Also the Ttrim blower has a 3.75 inch inlet vs the 3.50 SC trim. New filter also cause me a bit of a delay. overnighted to filter for about 70 bucks. OUCH! why did I buy from vortech?

I couldnt find a 3.75 inch linlet that would fit in my G35. the cone is only about 5-6 inches tall...NO ROOM in the G. which I dont understand. The Z has plenty or room. MY AC lines dont play nice infront of my filter. URGH!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-03-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 PM
binder

the a/c lines can be gently bent downwards away from the condenser.

what you should do it just get a 90 deg silicone elbow and then a short piece of aluminum tubing and run the filter down into the left lower panel. That way it also won't be sucking in the hot air from the radiator and engine compartment.

www.siliconeintakes.com has reasonably priced 90* silicone pieces. You could have even got a 3.75 to 3.5 90* tube and used the filter you already had.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:48 AM
06daytona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i have finally read this whole thread. i have ready the first few pages alot in the past year or so but this week i decided to read the whole thing. what a great read, lots of good info. i will be coming back to this for a while. on the 12th i will be going up to uprev to do a comp/leak down test and put in the 1step colder plugs an order the vortech revup tunner kit with maf,600 DW inj, fuel pump and on the 26th will drop off for the install and tune. i would love to install it myself as i have done all my bolt ons and this would be a nice challenge for me. but with a 6 month old i have found i barely have enough time to drive my Z a few times a month let alone work on her =( i do have a few ?s. does anyone know if the Stillen radiator will fit with the vortech? i have that and a nismo thermostat for the cooling but didnt know if i would need to get thinner fans? also i had my Z tuned at Uprev last year and put down 256whp on a dj but it was 107 degrees when they tuned it and i know my motor was heat soaked from the hour drive up there and the dyno tune in that temp, but the results were good as i went from 240whp to 256whp from the tune.( i didnt have any cooling mods on the z) does the heat effect the hp #s that much? and also will it effect the #s this time with the vortech kit? even with the cooling mods on? or will that help? i dont think it will be that hot this year but im sure it will be close to 100 when they tune it. my goal is 400whp of course like alot of people. my mods are 5/16 spacer,mrev2 lower plenum,HFC, 2.5 TD APS. do you think i can get in the ball park with that? again thanks guys for this wonderful read.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 AM
GT-ER

Originally Posted by binder
the a/c lines can be gently bent downwards away from the condenser.

what you should do it just get a 90 deg silicone elbow and then a short piece of aluminum tubing and run the filter down into the left lower panel. That way it also won't be sucking in the hot air from the radiator and engine compartment.

www.siliconeintakes.com has reasonably priced 90* silicone pieces. You could have even got a 3.75 to 3.5 90* tube and used the filter you already had.
That's what I did.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
binder

Originally Posted by 06daytona
wow i have finally read this whole thread. i have ready the first few pages alot in the past year or so but this week i decided to read the whole thing. what a great read, lots of good info. i will be coming back to this for a while. on the 12th i will be going up to uprev to do a comp/leak down test and put in the 1step colder plugs an order the vortech revup tunner kit with maf,600 DW inj, fuel pump and on the 26th will drop off for the install and tune. i would love to install it myself as i have done all my bolt ons and this would be a nice challenge for me. but with a 6 month old i have found i barely have enough time to drive my Z a few times a month let alone work on her =( i do have a few ?s. does anyone know if the Stillen radiator will fit with the vortech? i have that and a nismo thermostat for the cooling but didnt know if i would need to get thinner fans? also i had my Z tuned at Uprev last year and put down 256whp on a dj but it was 107 degrees when they tuned it and i know my motor was heat soaked from the hour drive up there and the dyno tune in that temp, but the results were good as i went from 240whp to 256whp from the tune.( i didnt have any cooling mods on the z) does the heat effect the hp #s that much? and also will it effect the #s this time with the vortech kit? even with the cooling mods on? or will that help? i dont think it will be that hot this year but im sure it will be close to 100 when they tune it. my goal is 400whp of course like alot of people. my mods are 5/16 spacer,mrev2 lower plenum,HFC, 2.5 TD APS. do you think i can get in the ball park with that? again thanks guys for this wonderful read.
ok, no offense to you but you'll get more responses if you break these questions down out of run-on sentence format. This is very hard to read.

umm, first off, you technically won't gain hp from tuning at a cooler temp UNLESS the tune is adjusted for it. Obviosly the tuner should (and will) improve the tune since the temps will be lower in the car.

i have no idea if a stillen intercooler will fit or even if it's going to be better than the vortech. Most people that run a vortech have never owned stillen therefore don't know. what's wrong with the vortech unit? mine put down 451 hp on the DD (507hp on a dynojet). My temps were high, but that's a little extreme of a tune. On a stock block that stock intercooler will be fine. Spearco makes a cooler similar in dimensions but slightly thicker and wider that would work great. You will have to cut the intercooler pipes on the ends down but that's not a problem.

hard to estimate hp numbers. every car is different, weather, dyno, tuner, ect. 400hp on a vortech is doable with a 2.87 pulley so there's always a possibility. Good luck!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
06daytona

It was a stillen radiator not intercooler, sorry for the run on. Not much of a typer. I just didn't know if the high temps would have an effect on the dyno. Thanks
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 PM
binder

It was a stillen radiator not intercooler, sorry for the run on. Not much of a typer. I just didn't know if the high temps would have an effect on the dyno. Thanks
oh stillen rad. umm, i'm not sure. I know people use the misimoto (or something like that) 36mm core and it has no problems with fitment.

High temps will affect the way the car can be tuned. I'm not sure how much directly a coolant temp will cause but i think it's not much. As long as your coolant temps are normal you should be ok. With my vortech at 451hp dd my coolant temps didn't get over 200* on the dyno with the pathfinder mod and a built engine. On my stock block it was similar temps, under 200*.

The temps that will affect it greatly are intake temps. 107* ambient temps will cause a higher intake temp. Less dense air means less power and also with a high temp AIT you have to retard the timing to prevent detonation. Retarded timing will lose power.

So if you keep your intake temps down you will be able to tune higher. I would concentrate on those more than coolant. Unless you track the car it's odd to see people with cooling issues.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Synjn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously Daytona wtf? That hurts my eyes to look at.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 AM
06daytona

Originally Posted by Synjn
Seriously Daytona wtf? That hurts my eyes to look at.
He he, sorry guys, but I just read all 68 pages, now that hurt my eyes.lol I didn't realize it was so long till I posted it =)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM
binder

He he, sorry guys, but I just read all 68 pages, now that hurt my eyes.lol I didn't realize it was so long till I posted it =)
to the shed with you
Old 07-05-2010, 10:02 AM
LVZ053

Anyone know if you can upgrade the v2 kit with a v3 blower? Not sure if they are the same bracket or not.
THis would be for the 03 motor.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Fignutz

The V-3 supercharger features an internally lubricated transmission, allowing for supercharger installation and operation without oil lines.

* Helical gear design with 3.6:1 step-up
* The V-3 supercharger can be installed into any existing Vortech V-1, V-2, V-4, V-5 or V-7 bracketry
* Includes remote fluid drain hose (attached to supercharger) that allows for simple fluid changes without removing the supercharger from the vehicle
* A ventilated gear case assembly eliminates any potential internal pressure issues that are currently associated with non-vented competitive designs
* Integrated gear case baffling for proper oil control
* Simple oil slinger design does not require separate shaft or bearing set. This provides proper fluid delivery to gears and bearings
* Superchargers are factory pre-filled with our special synthetic fluid.
* Integrated dipstick for simple fluid checks
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
binder

Originally Posted by LVZ053
Anyone know if you can upgrade the v2 kit with a v3 blower? Not sure if they are the same bracket or not.
THis would be for the 03 motor.
swapping the v2 blower out of your car for a v3 blower, YES.

The blowers are identical except the lubrication portion so it would bolt right in no problems.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Vash350Z

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
no inflated DynoJet 375RWHP at 5K rpms... ran out of time. Should be done tunning on Tues or Wed of next week.

i had to add a catch can and mod the pvc but she is running like a champ even when shifting at 5K.

cant wait for full redline to be had!

Quick GWIZ INFO

It appears as if the Ttrim not only has blade pitch differencs, but the amount of blades are different also. Looks to be at least double the blades? Maybe its just me, but this is what looks to be true. Also the Ttrim blower has a 3.75 inch inlet vs the 3.50 SC trim. New filter also cause me a bit of a delay. overnighted to filter for about 70 bucks. OUCH! why did I buy from vortech?

I couldnt find a 3.75 inch linlet that would fit in my G35. the cone is only about 5-6 inches tall...NO ROOM in the G. which I dont understand. The Z has plenty or room. MY AC lines dont play nice infront of my filter. URGH!
Please keep us posted! I am looking at adding a T-trim to my stock block as well.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
06daytona

[QUOTE=binder;8501433]oh stillen rad. umm, i'm not sure. I know people use the misimoto (or something like that) 36mm core and it has no problems with fitment.

i just check and the stillen is 1 5/8" thick core a guess thats about 41mm. i'm guessing that should fit as well or worse case i can get the mishimoto fan shroud witch is 2.5 inch in width, not sure how think the oem fan shroud is but im guessing this could make up for the 5 mm difference? or is this a waste of money?

thanks guys, i tried to make it short this time.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:19 PM
binder

hard telling if it's a waste of time. are you overheating? my stock coolant temps are under 200* all the time so i've never seen the need to upgrade the radiator. Myabe if i road raced i would, but i do'nt road race i drag race.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 AM
06daytona

I have done a little road racing and would plan to try to do more. I will probably end up getting the fan shroud just for more space and better cooling, can never be too safe I guess.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Forged_G

If anyone needs a 92 7/8" belt of Vortech BPV i have em for sale. PM me please.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vash350Z
Please keep us posted! I am looking at adding a T-trim to my stock block as well.
410RWHP
326RWTQ

car is way faster than the other tunes, so my old dyno of 409 dynapack that hit 369 on a dynojet was right for the dyno jet, so my gain is about 50hp. If I dyno on that dynapack they removed my huge 21 inch rims and hook up right to the hubs, thats why the car made 40hp more, back then.

these are raw numbers no inflation

a built 300zx @ 20 psi, stock turbos, hit 507 just before my car got on.

he said he think im leaking boost. no o-ring on my bypass... no boost gauge..lol.looking into it more later but im happy with my $400 long block...lol

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-09-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Quick Reply: vortech FAQ: read this before asking vortech questions