Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

werd noones addressing his statement head on for what it is. LOL the people who are contesting it really lol.

you are the last dragon and you posses the power!!!

Last edited by RBlover69; 05-29-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Gman2004

There's to many big dicks on this site that think the world revolves around drag racing. I may not know as much as others about how chit works on my car, but big fuking deal. I can afford to mod my car and that's all I need. What you need to be a fuking car/tuning guru to drive a modded car now? Fuking harlious! I'll spend the extra $$ on my mods to do it right from the get go while others put together a half *** set up. My ***** are big enough that I can afford to spend the extra $$. If you ain't got no money take your broke **** home.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by Gman2004
There's to many big dicks on this site that think the world revolves around drag racing. I may not know as much as others about how chit works on my car, but big fuking deal. I can afford to mod my car and that's all I need. What you need to be a fuking car/tuning guru to drive a modded car now? Fuking harlious! I'll spend the extra $$ on my mods to do it right from the get go while others put together a half *** set up. My ***** are big enough that I can afford to spend the extra $$. If you ain't got no money take your broke **** home.
Hey whats wrong with being blessed and drag racing brotha, ....much better then having having a twig and big berries dawgs. Lighten up man aint noone in here the dark force. Its just a talk .

and aint nothing wrong with saving money going another route. U can have a lesser setup and not blow up and have a 25k setup and go boom. So i mean obviously this route is different from yours.

Last edited by RBlover69; 05-29-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
taurran

Good game. I think you've revealed the basis of your argument with this post.

You don't have to be a tuning guru to mod the car, but you should have a little knowledge to go online and start calling bull**** on tuning shops that ARE car/tuning gurus.

That's what's wrong with this site. Too much money too little knowledge. One reason I like what Jeremy is doing is because he doesn't simply take advantage of those with too much money and lacking car knowhow. He's offering options for those who know what they're getting into but may have to watch what they spend.

Perhaps we should take a hint from the Honda community where guys are able to build 700hp 4 bangers for a few grand because they dug into their motors and found out how to REALLY make power with very little. I give those guys more respect than anyone who thinks throwing piles of money at a shop and not knowing how their shiny new high hp car works is "tuning".

Apologies if everyone's *****/wallets aren't big enough for you.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Zridder19

+1 ^
Old 05-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
Data logs really mean jack **** when he has RESULTS. People said the same thing about turbonetics' setup yet it can deliver enough fuel to run rich into the 10's at 9psi.

These people are just nitpicking because they hate being contradicted, and you eat up every bit of it.

Funny mine ran lean into the 12's with 9psi. This thread FTW
Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Craig i believe if you feel so strongly about this.. you shouldn't run a RFS at all with your build..

according to Jeremy's theory.. you should be able to run 1000 cc injectors or 750 CC injectors on your build without a RFS
Old 05-29-2007, 12:29 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Alberto
Funny mine ran lean into the 12's with 9psi. This thread FTW
Install issue.

I've seen numerous running pig rich, and ones like mine who ran a nice 11.5:1 afr to redline at 9psi.

Obviously it's not all about AFR's though, because cars with perfect AFR's and ones with full fuel return systems and tunes will blow up eventually.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Gman2004

Good game. I think you've revealed the basis of your argument with this post.
What basis? I may not know as much as you know, but I know that just because of couple of cars are running fine for 3-6 months don't not make it fact that not running a RFS the way it should be done.

That's what's wrong with this site. Too much money too little knowledge. One reason I like what Jeremy is doing is because he doesn't simply take advantage of those with too much money and lacking car knowhow. He's offering options for those who know what they're getting into but may have to watch what they spend.
Well most of the shops that I've worked with including SGP (which I hate) never pushed product on me. You guys need to stop bashing the other vendors on this site. You're insuating that they are only selling RFS because they make money on them.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by doug
Craig i believe if you feel so strongly about this.. you shouldn't run a RFS at all with your build..

according to Jeremy's theory.. you should be able to run 1000 cc injectors or 750 CC injectors on your build without a RFS
+1. Why not try knew things since you like to save money and make power by digging into the engine.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
taurran

I'm sure I could, but I'd prefer to run the smaller injectors and the return system just because I don't want to get too radical with the fuel system. In my case, I'm attempting to test the limits of the turbo/piping configuration and I'd rather focus on that than tweaking around the fuel system.

Jeremy said he could try it on AJ's car so I'll leave that to them.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
doug

i am curious to see how well this will work
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Gman2004

I'm sure I could, but I'd prefer to run the smaller injectors and the return system just because I don't want to get too radical with the fuel system. In my case, I'm attempting to test the limits of the turbo/piping configuration and I'd rather focus on that than tweaking around the fuel system.

In other words you don't want to take a chance not running a RFS.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
taurran

In other words you don't want to take a chance not running a RFS.
We're talking about stock blocks in this thread, remember?

Not that I don't want to take a chance, is that I'd rather focus on the other aspects of the build. I won't argue that as you go up in power the critical aspect of fuel pressure becomes more important.

So, it's not about "chances", it's about exploring the options when it comes to compressor/turbine sizing and piping configuration. I'd rather not spend time tweaking with the fuel system when I can run 650's and a basic RFS and get on with more important things. Get it?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM
taurran

What basis?
My point exactly. You really have/had none.

Well most of the shops that I've worked with including SGP (which I hate) never pushed product on me. You guys need to stop bashing the other vendors on this site. You're insuating that they are only selling RFS because they make money on them.
I never once bashed vendors on this site, as I'd prefer to stay out of that argument. I have in the past stated that many push the RFS options because of ease of tuning and not wanting to deal with the hassles of tweaking a returnless system and tuning.

I still maintain that the returnless fuel system can be used to make power, as we see here.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, please keep this on topic and about stock block cars. Nobody is talking about high hp built motors cars here. Stop the bickering and acting like children.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:53 PM
doug

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Guys, please keep this on topic and about stock block cars. Nobody is talking about high hp built motors cars here. Stop the bickering and acting like children.
why wouldn't we talk about built motors when Jeremy first made the built motor statement?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
taurran

why wouldn't we talk about built motors when Jeremy first made the built motor statement?
I think he just added it in there to illustrate that he had a number of cars running returnless systems. You guys have just grabbed onto that small phrase and blown it out of proportion. I'm assuming it's because the argument concerning stock blocks has no validity and you're derailing the thread to the subject of built motors.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

read post # (hold up let me look for it), here it is #1. If that doesn't work, try the title of the thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
doug

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
read post # (hold up let me look for it), here it is #1. If that doesn't work, try the title of the thread.
well

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
guys would you like to check out the 8 cars at my shop right now with no return systems that run fine with no fuel issues, one with a built motor and 15 psi. i am not debating this, i have done a scientific study and showing my results.
i am just going off that

Quick Reply: Performance Factory saves you guys money (stock block boosted cars)