Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very interesting thread to say the least.

of course, my opinion would seem biased. Which it probably is. I was the first one besides the GTM shop car with the GTM stroker motor running. Although I may not be able to converse with the many shop owners here in regards to the technical aspects of machining or R&D, it is my opinion that stroker motors should be done by the shop/company that designed them. Brian Crower is a big name, no doubt. But as far as I know, they distribute parts to shops for install. As well as AEBS (although they did installations as well). I may be completely wrong on this one, but GTM, as far as i know, is one of the few (if not only) shops that we as end users have direct access to, and is always in the community to answer questions or concerns. This makes the whole complicated process a lot simpler, as they, and only they, know what is expected inside and out. They advertise it as is, take it or leave it. This was one of the main reasons I went with their stroker kit as well. Trust me, even with the sponsorship, it still cost me an arm and a leg...maybe 2. But the end result is flawless. I cannot comment on the process they had to go through, but the end result speaks for itself. The power is there. The reliability is there (so far). It's already been 3 months or so already, and i beat the **** out of my car every day. I drive it to meets, I run it hard, I take it grocery shopping, I take it to dinner. Whatever the environment/climate is, whatever the traffic is, whatever I throw at it, it doesn't skip a beat.

Even when I had a small issue with the car, after having to take it to the dealership to fix an issue (oem item, dealer fixed), and they had to take off the radiator hoses, Sam was right there day and night with me on the phone because I lived to far away to bring it in. It ended up being a mean air pocket stuck probably right at the water pump.

I cannot guarantee that the GTM stroker kit will run forever. I cannot guarantee that it is better than the BC or the AEBS kit as I've never tried the latter 2. What I can say is that it has been running like clockwork since delivery, no matter what I do to it. And this, mainly because of how accessible GTM is to the average Joe like you and I, and the support they provide BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER delivery. How many of the other stroker kit manufacturers can say that?

There are, and will always be obstacles, especially when pushing the envelope with new ideas and new parts that may be alien to the majority. Even if we consider that nothing is completely proven, I think the GTM stroker kit has more on that than any other stroker kit, with the VQ, at the current state.

I applaud you, MRC, for trying something new for yourself and sharing it with the community. I wish you the best of luck. And I sincerely hope the BC stroker kit will turn out to be just as well built as the GTM stroker kit is to me, giving the VQ community more options to look into.

Alex
Old 06-14-2007, 05:17 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Well I guess the fact that Injected has not even "fired up" their BC stroker kit, even with some stock injectors and ECU just to see if it turns freely, then the BC is not "PROVEN" also..
lol...
I hope no one has taken what I said as the BC kit being proven. It is proven for the 2J but no where close for the VQ. Hopefully you will get yours up and running soon and I am hoping ours will start up very very soon.

They have been waiting on their ECU for 2 months..From where, MARS?
Expect a press release in the next few weeks. We have been waiting on an ecu, testing it on a stock car, but have also had to finish another car that will make upwards of 1000-1100hp.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

nice
Old 06-14-2007, 06:22 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
I hope no one has taken what I said as the BC kit being proven. It is proven for the 2J but no where close for the VQ. Hopefully you will get yours up and running soon and I am hoping ours will start up very very soon.

Expect a press release in the next few weeks. We have been waiting on an ecu, testing it on a stock car, but have also had to finish another car that will make upwards of 1000-1100hp.

Why not use a vpro?
Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by turismo
Why not use a vpro?

...if they could try another high end ecu like the magnetti marelli why would they use the fcon?..... is not like they are using the split second box..
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
...if they could try another high end ecu like the magnetti marelli why would they use the fcon?..... is not like they are using the split second box..

Becuase 99% of the people on the board, are not going to incorportate a Magnetti Marelli, into their build up. Furthermore, the Vpro, is more than able, of controlling the amount of hp they're looking for.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
The retail price or GTM HIGH REV STROKER KIT as follow

PART # GTM-8002-W-HR $4960.03 PARTS ONLY (PISTON ,RODS,CRANK)

PART # GTM-VQ35DE-CG000-3HR $6576.78 (COMPLETE SHORT BLOCK)

Side notes

-kits are balanced(bc kit will require balancing @add cost)
-high speed oiling system crankshaft
-crank shaft is about 5 pound lighter than stock
-no clearance issues
-oil squirters stays

with all the above this is the kit to get plane and simple .

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Sam, if I just buy PARTS ONLY I could do the install on my current motor correct (with much more knowledgeable people of course)?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Becuase 99% of the people on the board, are not going to incorportate a Magnetti Marelli, into their build up. Furthermore, the Vpro, is more than able, of controlling the amount of hp they're looking for.

that besides the point.... you are not talkign to a lil kid upgrading from a utec

Injected could easily do the vpro if they wanted to but are looking for something more unique

heck for the a mount of hp they are looking for even a AEM ems woudl do the job since it cna control fuel on 1500whp supras, so thats nto the point either
Old 06-14-2007, 06:58 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

We are not an HKS Pro Dealer so Vpro is out of the question. It doesn't control VCT as far as I know and I truly believe this a big deal. We picked up huge amounts of hp with Variable Cam.

We have been working on the new ECU for 4 months now and that is why the car has not run yet, and we had to finish up some small things on the car in the past couple weeks as well. We want the ECU perfect as well as able to use a MAP sensor instead of MAF. I ran the ECU at zdayz all weekend long in my stock 06'.

The new ecu will not be near as unique as the Marelli and will cost less than the AEM as far as I know. It will also be backed by the manufacturer with technical support and sales, none of which AEM is currently doing.

that besides the point.... you are not talkign to a lil kid upgrading from a utec

Injected could easily do the vpro if they wanted to but are looking for something more unique

heck for the a mount of hp they are looking for even a AEM ems woudl do the job since it cna control fuel on 1500whp supras, so thats nto the point either
Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
We are not an HKS Pro Dealer so Vpro is out of the question. It doesn't control VCT as far as I know and I truly believe this a big deal. We picked up huge amounts of hp with Variable Cam.

We have been working on the new ECU for 4 months now and that is why the car has not run yet, and we had to finish up some small things on the car in the past couple weeks as well. We want the ECU perfect as well as able to use a MAP sensor instead of MAF. I ran the ECU at zdayz all weekend long in my stock 06'.

The new ecu will not be near as unique as the Marelli and will cost less than the AEM as far as I know. It will also be backed by the manufacturer with technical support and sales, none of which AEM is currently doing.
Any thoughts on running a Haltech e11v2 Greg? I don't recall if you were in the area when they came by with Chris Muzio from Danzio at SEMA but they have VCT working with the e11v2 and Danzio has already set two of them up doing so on VQ35 single turbo powered sand rails. Might be a nice alternative and is very cost friendly. Haltech seemed very interested to break into the Z market as well. There was talk of a plug and play harness for the Z even. Might be worth the call.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:43 AM
turismo

True agreed.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

True agreed.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:49 AM
turismo

Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Any thoughts on running a Haltech e11v2 Greg? I don't recall if you were in the area when they came by with Chris Muzio from Danzio at SEMA but they have VCT working with the e11v2 and Danzio has already set two of them up doing so on VQ35 single turbo powered sand rails. Might be a nice alternative and is very cost friendly. Haltech seemed very interested to break into the Z market as well. There was talk of a plug and play harness for the Z even. Might be worth the call.
I think he is talking about the Haltech...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 AM
MIAPLAYA

I think he is talking about the Haltech...
He just might be...

And I found this pic in a ZDayZ album. Looks like Greg from Injected's Z to me.

Looks like the Haltech is coming to me!!!! I can't wait!!

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 06-14-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
TENGAI

Nice find... Haltech EMS is very nice unit for less than what the F-Con runs. Oh, and yeah, it's not exclusive to just a handful of shops.... That's always a plus too.

Hal - any info you're willing to drop on this yet? Or is this still under wraps?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:45 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Nice find... Haltech EMS is very nice unit for less than what the F-Con runs. Oh, and yeah, it's not exclusive to just a handful of shops.... That's always a plus too.

Hal - any info you're willing to drop on this yet? Or is this still under wraps?
Yeah I have to say I'm a big fan of Haltechs tuning systems. They've done wonders in the rotary world and after talking to Chris Muzio from Danzio Performance the limits are endless. 100% End user tuneable AND cam timing control! BTW did anyone else notice the decal says PnP. How nice would that be on the Z. A PnP full standalone with cam control and end user tuneable. Bye Bye Fcon. Helloooooo Haltech...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Originally Posted by TENGAI

Not if he wants to keep his job . There will be a press release in the next couple weeks. Lets please keep this on topic with the Brian Crower kit.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Just an update as of 6/24/2007. We got the kit in the car, and started up and idled for a while no problems..Were ready to start putting miles on the car tommorow..
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
turismo

Coo

Quick Reply: Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.