Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^
Not to disagree but MRC only stated that the machined parts were great. An assembly of nicely machined parts does not entirely mean that it is a good assembly.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
TENGAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally want to see more GMT strokers out there before I go jumping on anyone's bandwagon. I know of 2 that are on the road and running (Nitrouz and BamBam). Unless I missed something along the way, that's 2 out of hundreds of VQ's (built)...

I'm not saying that GTM doesn't offer an excellent product, but I'm not one to say it's been "proven" yet either...

BOT - BC makes fantastic parts for our cars (and others). I agree that MRC is having some really sh!tty luck with this one, but according to IP, it's not the norm. Before anyone (shop or individual) goes on record calling anything made by BC a crap product, they need to step back and ask how long the "competition" has been in the same business (i.e. stroker - to - stroker kit).

Just my
Old 06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
4 u turismo, and i agree with J... basically all tehy had to do was tell him things right in the first place and it would have been fine, the kit itself is awsome as he pointed out.

We are talking about a $5000 +(assuming) stroker kit. I dont think, I should spend another 2000 to modify the kit, when I can go and purchase something that has been proven and reliable.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by TENGAI
I personally want to see more GMT strokers out there before I go jumping on anyone's bandwagon. I know of 2 that are on the road and running (Nitrouz and BamBam). Unless I missed something along the way, that's 2 out of hundreds of VQ's (built)...

I'm not saying that GTM doesn't offer an excellent product, but I'm not one to say it's been "proven" yet either...

BOT - BC makes fantastic parts for our cars (and others). I agree that MRC is having some really sh!tty luck with this one, but according to IP, it's not the norm. Before anyone (shop or individual) goes on record calling anything made by BC a crap product, they need to step back and ask how long the "competition" has been in the same business (i.e. stroker - to - stroker kit).

Just my
I dont think anyones disagreeing with you on the quality of their parts. But this is the second time, they tried to introduce a stroker kit, that didnt come without hassle.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by turismo
We are talking about a $5000 +(assuming) stroker kit. I dont think, I should spend another 2000 to modify the kit, when I can go and purchase something that has been proven and reliable.
Sorry, but no one should even consider stroking any type of motor if they are not expecting to pay additional costs for unforseen modifications.

--4.15 11.5:1 BC Stroker Kit owner
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

I have no reason to lie and support a kit if it doesn't work. We installed the stroker into a VQ well over 2 months ago. We did have to machine the webbing for the rods to clear and removed the oil squirters. None of this made my machine shop concerned with the kit. We all feel that it is a very nice kit. We will be pushing the limits on the kit to see if it can withstand high hp numbers.

It is sad that this has been sitting in my car for well over a month and we haven't started it yet do to an ECU we are waiting on.

Furthermore, I believe GTM makes great products and do hope to work with them on some projects. Everyone bashed AEBS for their kit but I made 800rwhp 2 years ago.

It took us 2 weeks to finish installing the stroker with the sleeves and that is with continuing to work on other projects during that same time frame.

I hope Julian does figure out any problems he has with the kit and I am happy to give him my machine shop's number if he has specific questions. There is no reason to spend extra money if you don't have to.

I dont think anyones disagreeing with you on the quality of their parts. But this is the second time, they tried to introduce a stroker kit, that didnt come without hassle.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Sorry, but no one should even consider stroking any type of motor if they are not expecting to pay additional costs for unforseen modifications.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:59 AM
rythex

Originally Posted by kwame@z1

Even when it sounds like the manufacturer says no machining is required? ;p
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
IIQuickSilverII

i think you could get lost in that technicality if you want to but check injecteds last post
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rythex
Even when it sounds like the manufacturer says no machining is required? ;p
You still have to expect some machining at the very least. I mean your putting a new crank in the car and we all know not all VQ35DEs are made exactly the same.

This general rule of expecting the unexpected should go for ANY modification. Its similar to people expecting absolutely perfect tunes out of their mail-away reflashed ECUs on their Turbo kits.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Well to date the two highest HP cars on the street are both rocking GTM stroker kits, and we have yet to see a BC stroker kit even running..Sure there has been all sorts of "rumors", but show me the numbers..
BOT - BC makes fantastic parts for our cars (and others).
Do you speak from experience?Or what you have been told??If you speak out of experience, please post up a list of all the parts you currently have used by BC on your Z or other cars..

I agree that MRC is having some really sh!tty luck with this one, but according to IP, it's not the norm.
Sh!itty luck? Sh!itty luck is getting that "Im Pregnant" phone call from that fat chick you boffed 3 months ago in a drunken stupor...
Were having "issues" that were not supposed to exist according to the manufacturer of the parts...
Before anyone (shop or individual) goes on record calling anything made by BC a crap product, they need to step back and ask how long the "competition" has been in the same business (i.e. stroker - to - stroker kit).
No one is calling the BC product crap, it is nice piece of machined product, we are simply saying the R&D that "SHOULD" have been done, was not, and we were dropped with a leaky bag o ****, to work out on our dime..
The fixes and remidies that BC supplied us were unnacceptable IMHO...The pistons should not have to be notched or the rods ground, AFTER having the crank dynamically balanced..To do so afterwards is simply stupid.
Brian has been good thus far in helping us getting some issues resolved, and listening to me rant and vent..
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
It is sad that this has been sitting in my car for well over a month and we haven't started it yet do to an ECU we are waiting on.
Like i said, No one has run or reviewed one of these kits yet.You just proved my point.You dont even know from experience if the machining work you did will work without issue...

I hope Julian does figure out any problems he has with the kit and I am happy to give him my machine shop's number if he has specific questions. There is no reason to spend extra money if you don't have to.
I hired a guy who does all of our machining, he has the issues mostly resolved, and we did expect some machine work.But the way that the reps at BC made it sound to us, was it was a drop in replacement as opposed to their 88mm stroke..Which obviously, it is not the case..No big deal we will get it running within a few days.It just sucks to have no reference as to what need to be machined PRIOR, to putting in bearings and mains.I hate having to keep uninstalling,removing,machining,cleaning and reinstalling engine internals.. ..It makes no sence and leaves way to much chance for something to go bad..
Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

I definitely understand your frustration and where you are coming from. I would never say BC is the best kit out there till I have run it on my Z. This is the same for GTM or even AEBS. We don't want to sell any until this is done so we can verify if everything works properly. The ones for the Supra worked out very nicely and have sold a number of them.

I guess the difference with what Brian told you and me is I was never told if I would have to or would not have to clearance the block. Our kit came balanced and we did not alter the pistons or rods.

I truly hope everything goes much more smoothly now and Brian is doing his job

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Like i said, No one has run or reviewed one of these kits yet.You just proved my point.You dont even know from experience if the machining work you did will work without issue...

I hired a guy who does all of our machining, he has the issues mostly resolved, and we did expect some machine work.But the way that the reps at BC made it sound to us, was it was a drop in replacement as opposed to their 88mm stroke..Which obviously, it is not the case..No big deal we will get it running within a few days.It just sucks to have no reference as to what need to be machined PRIOR, to putting in bearings and mains.I hate having to keep uninstalling,removing,machining,cleaning and reinstalling engine internals.. ..It makes no sence and leaves way to much chance for something to go bad..
Old 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
rythex

lots of guys defending a product/company that really isn't living up to its promises ;P
Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
..No big deal we will get it running within a few days.It just sucks to have no reference as to what need to be machined PRIOR, to putting in bearings and mains.I hate having to keep uninstalling,removing,machining,cleaning and reinstalling engine internals.. ....

+1 that does suck, good to hear you got it all sorted out though

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-13-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
turismo

I have no reason to lie and support a kit if it doesn't work. We installed the stroker into a VQ well over 2 months ago. We did have to machine the webbing for the rods to clear and removed the oil squirters. None of this made my machine shop concerned with the kit. We all feel that it is a very nice kit. We will be pushing the limits on the kit to see if it can withstand high hp numbers.

Furthermore, I believe GTM makes great products and do hope to work with them on some projects. Everyone bashed AEBS for their kit but I made 800rwhp 2 years ago.

It took us 2 weeks to finish installing the stroker with the sleeves and that is with continuing to work on other projects during that same time frame.

Im not saying you are lying, but the "ONLY" two people running the kit successfully, are sponsors ! And I also find it ironic, that you were able to run the AEBS fault free, when 2 people from Houston, ran into similar problems again. Today, you are the only one, that I know, who successfully run the AEBS kit. Let me ask you, why have they shut down and why knowone offers there stroker kit?

I remember you saying you made 800hp on the AEBS kit. Do you have vids or footage of the car running?

And we need to get a few things straight. Brian Crower seperated from "Crower"(fathers company) to form his own company. He primarily focus's on Import/sport compacts.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by rythex
lots of guys defending a product/company that really isn't living up to its promises ;P

+1
Old 06-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my
Our STROKER kit is the one and the only one that is running and proven .(at least for now )

I'm not sure what else needs to happen to make our STROKER more proven .it is in a very two well known members here ,Alex (nitrouz) and Brent (bam bam).plus our shop car as well .not to mention the STROKER kits that were shipped to Asia and the middle east as well and let me assure you that we are not getting this kind of feed back from our customer .

case close

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 06-13-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

I don't remember if we video'ed the car on the dyno. The car ran, went to a bunch of HIN car shows then a customer needed a motor so we pulled it so he could finish a car. We tested the Magnetti Marelli and got it to work flawlessly with VCT and DBW. Now Marelli doesn't want anything to do with the import market (at least that is what I was told)

No one is running the kit as of yet. There are a lot of people close but I don't think anyone has started it up yet. We won't sell one until we do this. The reason AEBS shut down, from what I have been told by a friend of the owners, is he is doing so well with his two go cart tracks and Paulis doesn't work there anymore so he shut down.

I really don't think I need footage of my car running to prove a point that it worked. There are enough people that saw it run to prove it if need be.

Also, the only problem that I know of that Mazzoo ran into with the stroker was AEBS didn't notch for a single rod on one of the oil passages.

BC should have done a build on their own, if they didn't, to fix any headaches that Julian is having now. GTM did this as they have a fully functional shop, machine shop, mechanics, etc.

Im not saying you are lying, but the "ONLY" two people running the kit successfully, are sponsors ! And I also find it ironic, that you were able to run the AEBS fault free, when 2 people from Houston, ran into similar problems again. Today, you are the only one, that I know, who successfully run the AEBS kit. Let me ask you, why have they shut down and why knowone offers there stroker kit?

I remember you saying you made 800hp on the AEBS kit. Do you have vids or footage of the car running?

And we need to get a few things straight. Brian Crower seperated from "Crower"(fathers company) to form his own company. He primarily focus's on Import/sport compacts.

Last edited by InjectedPerf; 06-13-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:16 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Our STROKER kit is the one and the only one that is running and proven .(at least for now )

I'm not sure what else needs to happen to make our STROKER more proven .it is in a very two well known members here ,Alex (nitez) and Brent (bam bam).plus our shop car as well .not to mention the STROKER kits that were shipped to Asia and the middle east as well and let me assure you that we are not getting this kind of feed back from our customer .

case close

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Agreed

Quick Reply: Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.