Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We wil be the first BC to actually run I believe...Tyson Beckford was supposed to have a BC stroker kit, but last time I spoke to him out in L.A. Last week, Acosta Motorsports has his car and he said they were waiting for a 2007 block, whatever that meant.. Last time I heard, he blew up his motor 3 times drifting..Not sure what power levels he ever achieved and if it was a BC motor..
Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
We wil be the first BC to actually run I believe...
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/281696-what-is-the-stroker-sleeve-kit-used-on-this-g35.html
Old 06-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Oh well, guess not..Thank you for the promp clarification..How is your project going with the BC?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 AM
Kwame

Oh well, guess not..Thank you for the promp clarification..How is your project going with the BC?
Slow and steady. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how hard it is to get your machinist to work on a street car motor during race season.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

We wil be the first BC to actually run I believe...Tyson Beckford was supposed to have a BC stroker kit, but last time I spoke to him out in L.A. Last week, Acosta Motorsports has his car and he said they were waiting for a 2007 block, whatever that meant.. Last time I heard, he blew up his motor 3 times drifting..Not sure what power levels he ever achieved and if it was a BC motor..

3rd or 4th i think

spg got my friends G with the bc kit running last week so thats another one =]

it was close =]

he doesnt post here though but he posts on az350z.com

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 06-26-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 AM
radiologue

chiming in but did not have time to read all the above threads

I am having a Brian Crower stroker put in
The engine work has been done at ERL http://www.erlperformance.com/
It is being shipped to me in Panama City, Fl this week and install/testing should follow thereafter. ERL is supposedly the site of at least some of Crower's R & D. I will let you know what modifications needed to be performed and what the results we have.

Guys from MoTeC are coming down to work on the engine management themselves after the engine/tranny install. Trying to do everything right the first time. It has been a rediculously long and arduous process thus far.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:23 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by radiologue

It is being shipped to me in Panama City, Fl this week and install/testing should follow thereafter. ERL is supposedly the site of at least some of Crower's R & D. I will let you know what modifications needed to be performed and what the results we have.

Guys from MoTeC are coming down to work on the engine management themselves after the engine/tranny install. Trying to do everything right the first time. It has been a rediculously long and arduous process thus far.
for something as good as what you seek its cant be easy =]

u'll be more proud at the end

just as julian should be very proud for gettign the BC setup running after going through all those hassels.... i am sure now next time he does it he will be able to do it in "half" the time...
Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 AM
EM-EFER

Originally Posted by radiologue

Are they sending out Kenny Chang (SP?) They quoted me 4G's to send him out and tune my car.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:17 PM
radiologue

General manager of the East Coast division of MoTeC (Jay Caldwell) is coming down to P.C. from Gasoline Alley in Mooresville, North Carolina to do the car.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
They quoted me 4G's to send him out and tune my car.

are you sure you didn't cal RennTech and ask them to tune your AMG. That is some crazy flow for a tuning session.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Dont even ask what it costs to get Smokey out from Topsecret.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 PM
radiologue

helps when they have personal connections to the area.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Back on Topic...We had the car on the dyno today doing some load mapping on the Fcon..Car seems really strong..Were gonna let the customer take the car and put some miles on it before a boost tune.
Were shooting for around 500 whp at modest boost levels..
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
radiologue

Back on Topic...We had the car on the dyno today doing some load mapping on the Fcon..Car seems really strong..Were gonna let the customer take the car and put some miles on it before a boost tune.

I look forward to hearing about your results. I have asked the shop building my car to contact ERL for a list of any information on what modifications the Brian Crower stroker kit required for install. I'll let you guys know any details I can find out, and will hopefully report some numbers for you in the not too distant future.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
wongy

what turbo kits are you guys planning on using with the BC stroker setup?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:04 AM
radiologue

APS twins
I guess I'm sticking with the Australians (APS and MoTeC)
Old 06-27-2007, 06:58 AM
IIQuickSilverII

nice

u need to change your sig
Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Kwame

I'm debating changing up to some low-comp pistons and strapping on the Sound Performance Twin Turbo Kit to see what the motor is able to do
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

This is a great thread with a lot of good information on the two existing stroker kits, BC and GTM. It's been six months since the last post in this thread, so it's a good time to see if anyone else has installed one of these kits.

I was very surprised to read that the pistons had to be notched and the rods also ground on in the BC kit. That is almost beyond belief to me. I would not accept grinding on rods with a common grinder as an acceptable method of engine building.

The IP billet girdle looks like a quality piece. Hopefully it would eliminate any rod clearance issues with either kit. Anyone use one of these yet? I suspect IP's green Z has one along with the BC stroker kit.

So, anyone installed either of these kits in the last six months? I'm especially interested in NA installations, but any stroker installation information would be cool... also 100mm stock stroke installations.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by __jb
This is a great thread with a lot of good information on the two existing stroker kits, BC and GTM. It's been six months since the last post in this thread, so it's a good time to see if anyone else has installed one of these kits.

I was very surprised to read that the pistons had to be notched and the rods also ground on in the BC kit. That is almost beyond belief to me. I would not accept grinding on rods with a common grinder as an acceptable method of engine building.

The IP billet girdle looks like a quality piece. Hopefully it would eliminate any rod clearance issues with either kit. Anyone use one of these yet? I suspect IP's green Z has one along with the BC stroker kit.

So, anyone installed either of these kits in the last six months? I'm especially interested in NA installations, but any stroker installation information would be cool... also 100mm stock stroke installations.
you dont have to notch the pistons or grind the rods for this kit to work,anytime this is done it is an assembler's short cut to build a stoker.it saves some build time but weakens the rotating assembly.all work should be done on the block.

Quick Reply: Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.