Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf
I don't remember if we video'ed the car on the dyno. The car ran, went to a bunch of HIN car shows then a customer needed a motor so we pulled it so he could finish a car. We tested the Magnetti Marelli and got it to work flawlessly with VCT and DBW. Now Marelli doesn't want anything to do with the import market (at least that is what I was told)

The reason AEBS shut down, from what I have been told by a friend of the owners, is he is doing so well with his two go cart tracks and Paulis doesn't work there anymore so he shut down.

I really don't think I need footage of my car running to prove a point that it worked. There are enough people that saw it run to prove it if need be.

Im not doubting you at all. But IP, is the only one, to have the AEBS and BC to run fault free
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

I don't remember if we video'ed the car on the dyno. The car ran, went to a bunch of HIN car shows then a customer needed a motor so we pulled it so he could finish a car.
Uh huh..Sure... Do you happen to have a girlfriend from Canada you met in summer camp??

the Magnetti Marelli and got it to work flawlessly with VCT and DBW. Now Marelli doesn't want anything to do with the import market (at least that is what I was told)
Or did the import market want nothing to do with Magnetti Marreli for a $10,000 price tag?
The reason AEBS shut down, from what I have been told by a friend of the owners, is he is doing so well with his two go cart tracks and Paulis doesn't work there anymore so he shut down.
Succesful businesses dont shut down to run Go Kart tracks..

I really don't think I need footage of my car running to prove a point that it worked. There are enough people that saw it run to prove it if need be.
Well...The footage would back up the claims.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
turismo

+1
Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Uh huh..Sure... Do you happen to have a girlfriend from Canada you met in summer camp??
Yes I do, how did you know
Or did the import market want nothing to do with Magnetti Marreli for a $10,000 price tag?
It wasn't any where near $10k. More like $4,500 with Variable Cam timing, data logging, wideband, and possibly DBW, which nothing else was offered at the time and currently only one other ecu does offer VCT now
Succesful businesses dont shut down to run Go Kart tracks..
If Ben can sit back and watch a bunch of kids go around and make money hand over fist instead of bicker with technicians, customer, etc., it might be a good idea to go that route.
Well...The footage would back up the claims.
I will look for the footage. I do believe someone got it on a digital camera video. I would tell you to call the DD US Manufacturer as he tuned it
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
TENGAI

No offense to Sam or Julian, but I still don't call a couple of GTM stroker kits "proven." Sorry, to bust anyone's bubbles or break up a nut-swing fest for GTM, but "proven" to me is a hell of a lot more than 2 or 3 advertised cars. Show me 10-20 cars a year from now with NO issues and strong dyno graphs and I'll join the party. 'Til then I'm on the fence...

As for personal experience, my brother owned and drove a 3.4L BC stroked '96 Supra for 4 years and put down over 840rwhp. After personally taking it down the freeway in SoCal 3 years after it was built, I could fine NOTHING wrong with the car... He sold it a few years later, but never had one problem with it. That's what I think when I call something "proven."
Old 06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

BC should have done a build on their own, if they didn't, to fix any headaches that Julian is having now. GTM did this as they have a fully functional shop, machine shop, mechanics, etc.
i agree with all of what you said
but this is what i agree the most....
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
Injected might have been the excpetion, which I dont see why, since MRC had to motify theirs to run accordingly. So either two things are happening:

1) someones lying to support BC stroker kit

2) someones telling the truth and they do have to modify it.

The BC stroker kits, that were release awhile back, turned out to be dissapointing, since knowone could install them without issues. My point being, this is their second time coming and they should have taken the steps, to ensure everyone of fault free install. MRC basically did there work for them, which they shouldnt have to do. They lost money and valuable time, modifying this expensive kit.

Until I hear of others running a BC stroker, I will continue to disregard there kit.
And we were the one who was trying to install the kit for a sema car, and let me tell you it was not even close

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 06-20-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by TENGAI
No offense to Sam or Julian, but I still don't call a couple of GTM stroker kits "proven." Sorry, to bust anyone's bubbles or break up a nut-swing fest for GTM, but "proven" to me is a hell of a lot more than 2 or 3 advertised cars. Show me 10-20 cars a year from now with NO issues and strong dyno graphs and I'll join the party. 'Til then I'm on the fence...

As for personal experience, my brother owned and drove a 3.4L BC stroked '96 Supra for 4 years and put down over 840rwhp. After personally taking it down the freeway in SoCal 3 years after it was built, I could fine NOTHING wrong with the car... He sold it a few years later, but never had one problem with it. That's what I think when I call something "proven."
No offence taking ,it does not take 4 years of testing to call a STROKER kit proven .it does not work that way when building an engine or making a crankshaft from scratch

p.s

will deliver 4 cars in the next 4-6 weeks with our STROKER engines ,that will make it 14 proven STROKER engine worldwide .

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
And we were the one who was trying to install the kit for a sema car, and let me tell you it was not even close

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

WOW . Congrats GTM.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
MIAPLAYA

If Ben can sit back and watch a bunch of kids go around and make money hand over fist instead of bicker with technicians, customer, etc., it might be a good idea to go that route.
+1 i'm local to AEBS and went there quite a bit when I had my Spec V for their header and other stuff. Greg's point is dead on and is EXACTLY what happened. Ben Ma purchased first one then a second Go Kart track out here and was spending all time and resources on that. Paulus got tired of trying to do it all himself (he's an engineer not a shop owner) and quit. A shop without their best tech/engineer (Paulus) isn't going to be open for very long. Consequently it seems some of the Sentra guys are still getting AEBS head and main studs for the QR from somewhere so either they are closed for new business and are just making stuff they already have machine programs for or they have a HUGE stockpile of parts somewhere.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
TENGAI

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
...will deliver 4 cars in the next 4-6 weeks with our STROKER engines ,that will make it 14 proven STROKER engine worldwide.

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Now I'm a little impressed ... J/K For the record, I'm not trying to debate what you guys are doing for the community. Brent's a good friend of mine and I'm extremely impressed with the level his car is at with the power plant that you guys provided. I'm just not as easily swayed by new things these days... Too many flash in the pan products come and go in this industry without ever really "proving" it can last.

Congrats on getting your stroker kits out there so quickly. So when are we going to see 1000+rwhp from you guys? (Just bustin' your chops )
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
THE ROADSTER

will deliver 4 cars in the next 4-6 weeks with our STROKER engines ,that will make it 14 proven

Sam, post some dyno when you are done, then you can make my car # 15.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I want to go ahead and say this whole ordeal has been a PITA thus far...We need to remove the oil squirters, however you NEED to utilize a hex head "SET Screw" that sits flush with the block, or the rod bolts only clear by 10 thousandths.. However the thread pitch we need are a very uncommon one..Brian Crower sent us 12x.25x12 mm screws, and the thread we need is way finer that that..I am beginning to wonder if Brian Crower has even done one of these motors yet
I honestly am starting to get angry with having to do their R&D for them..

Damn good thread so far. How about this...if it isn't too late, document everything like writing a how to. Contact Crower about their product and make them a proposal. Keep all receipt, add in your time and some fluff and come up with a number. Maybe even throw in a very small percentage of royalties for yourself. haha.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
will deliver 4 cars in the next 4-6 weeks with our STROKER engines ,that will make it 14 proven

Sam, post some dyno when you are done, then you can make my car # 15.
Another GTM Stroked roadster.... looks like BamBam will have some competition j/k Check out the link in my sig for dyno graph and video of our 855RWHP 4.24L GTM Stroked 350Z

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by TENGAI
No offense to Sam or Julian, but I still don't call a couple of GTM stroker kits "proven." That's what I think when I call something "proven."
Well I guess the fact that Injected has not even "fired up" their BC stroker kit, even with some stock injectors and ECU just to see if it turns freely, then the BC is not "PROVEN" also..
They have been waiting on their ECU for 2 months..From where, MARS? lol...
Old 06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
TENGAI

Well I guess the fact that Injected has not even "fired up" their BC stroker kit, even with some stock injectors and ECU just to see if it turns freely, then the BC is not "PROVEN" also..
They have been waiting on their ECU for 2 months..From where, MARS? lol...
Good point. When it comes to the VQ, stroker kits as a whole are on new grounds. I really think it'll take some time to see how all of this holds up. But as of now, the winning tally seems to be on GTM's side.

I agree that the free "R&D" for BC that you and your shop's done is bs. Thanks are due for posting up your findings and sharing with the community. Hopefully other shops can avoid the issues if they run into the same problems. Even better, some QC from the guys at BC to avoid this from happening again...
Old 06-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

The problem with stroking the VQ or any import motor for that issue is the lack of room inside the engines itself.Everything is VERY tight...Look inside an old bigblock Chevy motor, you have alot more room to operate within.
Like anything this is trial and error, we are not giving up, and this car will run within a week or two if it kills me..The power we are shooting for is modest and we did not opt to sleeve the engine, as were only shooting for 550-575 hp...We just wanted something different for the customer for him to be able to brag about..
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 PM
turismo

The problem with stroking the VQ or any import motor for that issue is the lack of room inside the engines itself.Everything is VERY tight...Look inside an old bigblock Chevy motor, you have alot more room to operate within.
Like anything this is trial and error, we are not giving up, and this car will run within a week or two if it kills me..The power we are shooting for is modest and we did not opt to sleeve the engine, as were only shooting for 550-575 hp...We just wanted something different for the customer for him to be able to brag about..

If one were to dupilcate the same process, what would be the total you would charge for the same setup? Just for the shortblock and installation. Thanx
Old 06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by turismo
If one were to dupilcate the same process, what would be the total you would charge for the same setup? Just for the shortblock and installation. Thanx
About the same $$$$$ as the GTM stroker Honestly, Im starting to be convinced the VQ has more RPM potential than displacement potential. The longer stroke and more displacement are not condusive to making high RPM motors, generally. Were leaning towards a 100mm piston made as light as possible, stock stroke,loose bearings, lightened crank,Titanium valve train and a set of silly stupid cams..Then rev the $hit out of the motor and see what happens.
There is more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
turismo

About the same $$$$$ as the GTM stroker Honestly, Im starting to be convinced the VQ has more RPM potential than displacement potential. The longer stroke and more displacement are not condusive to making high RPM motors, generally. Were leaning towards a 100mm piston made as light as possible, stock stroke,loose bearings, lightened crank,Titanium valve train and a set of silly stupid cams..Then rev the $hit out of the motor and see what happens.
There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Sounds like a nice plan.

Quick Reply: Update on the Brian Crower Stroker kit.