Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well there are many times he said that he didnt feel the utec was safe over 12-13 psi. he will still even say it to this day. then he tries to push the fcon.

all while he ran it on his car for a while with 16-19 psi. i dont really care, just wanted to point that out. you seem like a really cool guy and i just want people to see some good in this and not debate small things like this...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VQ-TECH
???
And who are you, besides someone with a hardon for HKS and 37 posts, of course?

I don't have to do this for a living to realize the value or lack thereof in a product. I want something I can take and get a base tune on, then tweak on my own if the need arises. Tuning a car isn't exactly rocket science, so don't pretend like it is.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I lived within an hour or two of an HKS Pro dealer, I'd buy the FCON all over again. I don't though, so I'd probably opt for Haltec or AEM.

I'm not saying that I dislike the UTEC, but that the driveability of my car once I had the FCON installed was just insane. Literally like stock, even though it wasn't hooked up right, lol. I can't even imagine if Sam or Sharif had installed/tuned it. Hell, I'd probably still have my TT setup if I did
Old 06-17-2007, 05:11 PM
booger

Great stuff coming from your shop Jeremy !

I would just like to say...THANKS ! for bringing some true honesty to the site ! I understand the need to make money by the vendors here . But a more honest vendor will sooner or later out sell the pure saleman .
Old 06-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by failsafe306
If I lived within an hour or two of an HKS Pro dealer, I'd buy the FCON all over again. I don't though, so I'd probably opt for Haltec or AEM.

I'm not saying that I dislike the UTEC, but that the driveability of my car once I had the FCON installed was just insane. Literally like stock, even though it wasn't hooked up right, lol. I can't even imagine if Sam or Sharif had installed/tuned it. Hell, I'd probably still have my TT setup if I did

i really dont understand everyone with the drivablity of the car with the utec. maybe just my experience with it has let me find out ALL kinds of tips and tricks to get it run and drive perfectly. you really have to be familiar with ALL the settings to know how to get the on/off perfect. there are about 5 settings that have to be perfect that change car to car...

i still know that these two units are comparable, just sticking up for the smaller guy!!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Originally Posted by booger

I would just like to say...THANKS ! for bringing some true honesty to the site ! I understand the need to make money by the vendors here . But a more honest vendor will sooner or later out sell the pure saleman .

thanks man, if you saw how much stuff i talk people out of wasting their money on, you would laugh. i just keep stuff real and simple , yet VERY effective...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Havok_RLS2

Based on your above statement, it is obvious that your knowledge in engine management is very limited.
I think it's more obvious that you're an a$$hole. How about you share some of that infinite wisdom (Bull$hit!) with us since you know everything or else STFU Troll.

An over opinionated A$$H0le = Fart.

Next time you should excuse yourself before passing a$$ in public.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
well there are many times he said that he didnt feel the utec was safe over 12-13 psi. he will still even say it to this day. then he tries to push the fcon.

all while he ran it on his car for a while with 16-19 psi. i dont really care, just wanted to point that out. you seem like a really cool guy and i just want people to see some good in this and not debate small things like this...

i hear ya... this thread got way out of whack and i apologize for my contribution to that... as far as sharif saying those things, i've never heard it... and i know he's tuned quite a few cars higher than 13psi on the UTEC... but, i'm not privy to everything he says, so i can't say that he's never made such comments... all that i know is what he's told me...he can tune the UTEC to higher hp / psi numbers, but prefers the FCON due to its resolution... that said, let's get this thread back on track... oh, and i also have to say that i appreciate your aggressive nature... don't get me wrong, i've always been one to live on the edge, too...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
failsafe306

i really dont understand everyone with the drivablity of the car with the utec. maybe just my experience with it has let me find out ALL kinds of tips and tricks to get it run and drive perfectly. you really have to be familiar with ALL the settings to know how to get the on/off perfect. there are about 5 settings that have to be perfect that change car to car...

i still know that these two units are comparable, just sticking up for the smaller guy!!
Also, keep in mind that I was running a built motor with cams, UNICHIP, 650cc injectors, and a ****ty *** TS reflash to scale the inj. That setup royally SUCKED compared to the standalone . I'm sure that the driveablity on the cars you tune with the UTEC is just fine. I've never used the UTEC with boost so I honestly can't even really compare the two.
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by booger

you just said it all TRUE story
Audible Mayhem
My350z

thanks man!! you rock...

if all threads worked out with two people agreeing and understanding, the internet would be a much better place...
Old 06-17-2007, 05:22 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Hey that's me too. I just think he's an alternate screen name for some of the other people we know in the NJ area.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I personally wouldn't want to spend 30k+ on an FI setup and make anywhere less than 650whp. If I did so I'd consider myself a failure.
quoted and eagerly awaiting your dyno numbers
Old 06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
VQ-TECH

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I think it's more obvious that you're an a$$hole. How about you share some of that infinite wisdom (Bull$hit!) with us since you know everything or else STFU Troll.

Next time you should excuse yourself before passing a$$ in public.
Wow,are we having a bad day ,keep coming I won't sink to your level
Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM
doug

i really dont understand
when was the last time you drove a car with a VPro?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:40 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by doug
quoted and eagerly awaiting your dyno numbers
hahah... I won't be anywhere NEAR 30k.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 PM
VQ-TECH

And who are you, besides someone with a hardon for HKS and 37 posts, of course?

I don't have to do this for a living to realize the value or lack thereof in a product. I want something I can take and get a base tune on, then tweak on my own if the need arises. Tuning a car isn't exactly rocket science, so don't pretend like it is.
It was a simple question,and I did not know there was a minimum requirement of posts here to interact with other forum member .and I'm only @ 33 post not 37
Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
doug

hahah... I won't be anywhere NEAR 30k.
you may not be.. but your parts and labor are.. i don't see you getting another Turbo and having a built motor plus the original Turbo kit and supporting mods and not being close to 30k.. i know chris is at that number.. so i guess thats a shot to Chris also
Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
taurran

It was a simple question,and I did not know there was a minimum requirement of posts here to interact with other forum member .and I'm only @ 33 post not 37
I was giving your newb status the benifit of the doubt. You should be thankful.

You're obviously a proponent of a certain shop in your area that just attained HKS dealer status who wishes to push their product. I won't even bother pressing the matter of WHO you really are.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:50 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by doug
you may not be.. but your parts and labor are.. i don't see you getting another Turbo and having a built motor plus the original Turbo kit and supporting mods and not being close to 30k.. i know chris is at that number.. so i guess thats a shot to Chris also
They aren't, trust me. I would have sold the car before I spent that much. I've only spent about 7k at most on my turbo setup thus far, plus what I'm doing now, which brings me in under 20k in total.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo graphs inside (stock block, C16)