Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
rawley_12003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i'm going to give them a call (STSturbo) today and ask what i can get for this kit if to expensive and i can compare to an aps turbo kit then i will invest in the aps turbo kit. AthenG how much did you get your turbo kit for?
I was thinking of calling cobb tuning down in dallas, tx and ask if they are familiar with install if not I will call this dyno shop in kansas city they are called the house of boost in kansas.
I still have alot of researching to do though but this is what i need is a turbo kit it sucks how a mazda3 speed can walk away from a z on a roll. lol..
Old 01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good indication of price
http://www.cinmotorsports.com/STS350.html
Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
athenG

/\ +1

Originally Posted by rawley_12003
well i'm going to give them a call (STSturbo) today and ask what i can get for this kit if to expensive and i can compare to an aps turbo kit then i will invest in the aps turbo kit. AthenG how much did you get your turbo kit for?
I was thinking of calling cobb tuning down in dallas, tx and ask if they are familiar with install if not I will call this dyno shop in kansas city they are called the house of boost in kansas.
I still have alot of researching to do though but this is what i need is a turbo kit it sucks how a mazda3 speed can walk away from a z on a roll. lol..
I was one of the first 5 testers (first Revup and first 6mt G35 and first one to have the modified piping) so I got a good deal with pretty much free install with 2 custom tune. To bad you are not close to CinMotorsports because they are one of the first shop to introduce this kit in our car. CinMotorsporst know this kit very well so try to contacting them and ask how much will the kit cost from them. You will also get an excellent customer service and they can guide you through the process...

Last edited by athenG; 01-27-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rawley_12003
We can get the STS kits. If you'd like, shoot me a PM and we can work out a package deal
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
SoarVigor

Vendors PM me price with and without install for this 5AT
Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, it's been a long time.

My car is sitting in my garage this winter, but come Spring I'm selling it. One friend who is interested has an '06 Revup. I know this has been covered, but will my '03 kit bolt up to his Z? I'm hoping to sell the car without parting it out, but we'll see.

- Jon
Old 02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
athenG

I have a revup and I dont think there is any difference..
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
ITOzann

Originally Posted by JonnyC
Hey guys, it's been a long time.

My car is sitting in my garage this winter, but come Spring I'm selling it. One friend who is interested has an '06 Revup. I know this has been covered, but will my '03 kit bolt up to his Z? I'm hoping to sell the car without parting it out, but we'll see.

- Jon
PM me if you decide to part it out. THX!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Z33_kid

any news on the HR sts system ?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 AM
goosegoose

Originally Posted by Z33_kid
any news on the HR sts system ?
Did STS announce they were making one for the HR?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
GBoger

don't think they did
Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
jumbosrule

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cube
I have an FX35 so I would be alright with the side piping, how do I go about finding this? Should I call STS directly for info on the older version kit w/ side intake piping?
FX35 owner here too - and interested in a turbo kit as well. Haven't really considered the STS as seriously as the JWT or Greddy TT kits.

What's the latest, Cube?!?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM
JonnyC

Any clue what the going rate would be for a used STS tuner kit w/ around 5k miles on it? I'm considering parting it out to a friend, but I don't want to screw him and I don't want to screw myself.

I've been out of the game so long that it took me quite a while to price out all of my other parts as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
GBoger

Originally Posted by jumbosrule
FX35 owner here too - and interested in a turbo kit as well. Haven't really considered the STS as seriously as the JWT or Greddy TT kits.

What's the latest, Cube?!?
cube is looong gone
Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by JonnyC
Any clue what the going rate would be for a used STS tuner kit w/ around 5k miles on it? I'm considering parting it out to a friend, but I don't want to screw him and I don't want to screw myself.

I've been out of the game so long that it took me quite a while to price out all of my other parts as well.
It is hard but I would use used TN price because that is the closest thing for us. Just add a few $$ for the EMS and STS also comes with a little bigger injector than the TN. The TN does come with a bigger turbo though....
Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Z33_kid

Originally Posted by goosegoose
Did STS announce they were making one for the HR?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5K8...om=PL&index=36

i was like
Old 02-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Boozt

Uprev tune update for the STS system. There has been alot of speculation about the lack of "safeguards" with the uprev tune for FI. Last week I had a 02 sensor go bad....the car boosted up and I pitched her a little sideways only to have the car shut down moments later with poor throttle response and compete inability to rev above 2500 rpm. I called my tuner with the problem and he told me "I built in a 2500 RPM rev limit as a fail safe if the ECU was reading different information than what the tune intended". I ran some diagnostics......found the faulty O2 sensor.....replaced them both for safety sake and wholah....The car rips to redline with perfect AF's and throttle response.
Just my 2 cents on the Uprev tune for FI.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by Boozt
Uprev tune update for the STS system. There has been alot of speculation about the lack of "safeguards" with the uprev tune for FI. Last week I had a 02 sensor go bad....the car boosted up and I pitched her a little sideways only to have the car shut down moments later with poor throttle response and compete inability to rev above 2500 rpm. I called my tuner with the problem and he told me "I built in a 2500 RPM rev limit as a fail safe if the ECU was reading different information than what the tune intended". I ran some diagnostics......found the faulty O2 sensor.....replaced them both for safety sake and wholah....The car rips to redline with perfect AF's and throttle response.
Just my 2 cents on the Uprev tune for FI.
Limp mode is not enough, 02 feedback is in close loop so you are basically cruising.... What happen if your car overboost to 20psi at redline? What happen when you are WOT above 5000rpm and one of you injector failed? Active Knock control on the entire rpm and overboost fuel cutoff is a must in my book. You can drive normal and not detonate, you can hit mild boost on a bad set of gas and not detonate. What if you go WOT and start hitting your high boost on the higher rpm? That bad set of gas will cause you to detonate and it will be to late because you have no idea that your already detonating. Trust me, this happened to me, I was fine until I hit 5psi and when I hit 5+psi this mean I'm redlining that sucker. You are active in racing so let me ask you, when was the last time you spent most of your time under 5000rpm? Like I said, detonation may not happen in the lower rpm or mild boost. Once you are constantly racing that heat can build up and a lot of things can happen above 5000rpm... I think the overboost fuel cutoff is as important or if not the most important in my book. To may engine blew because of overboost or boost creep. No boost controller can match an EMS or ECU oveboost fuel cutoff can give you.

I’m not making this up.. all this scenario happened to me multiple times… This is one of the reason why my motor is still intact.… just my .02.

Last edited by athenG; 02-17-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Boozt

Originally Posted by athenG
Limp mode is not enough, 02 feedback is in close loop so you are basically cruising.... What happen if your car overboost to 20psi at redline? What happen when you are WOT above 5000rpm and one of you injector failed? Active Knock control on the entire rpm and overboost fuel cutoff is a must in my book. You can drive normal and not detonate, you can hit mild boost on a bad set of gas and not detonate. What if you go WOT and start hitting your high boost on the higher rpm? That bad set of gas will cause you to detonate and it will be to late because you have no idea that your already detonating. Trust me, this happened to me, I was fine until I hit 5psi and when I hit 5+psi this mean I'm redlining that sucker. You are active in racing so let me ask you, when was the last time you spent most of your time under 5000rpm? Like I said, detonation may not happen in the lower rpm or mild boost. Once you are constantly racing that heat can build up and a lot of things can happen above 5000rpm... I think the overboost fuel cutoff is as important or if not the most important in my book. To may engine blew because of overboost or boost creep. No boost controller can match an EMS or ECU oveboost fuel cutoff can give you.

I’m not making this up.. all this scenario happened to me multiple times… This is one of the reason why my motor is still intact.… just my .02.
Great feedback and I agree with you entirely. I have two maps programed in one for street and AutoX...one for prolonged large track racing. I agree...the utec did provide much better protection...but at only 8-9 psi, race gas, and my fully built motor, I feel safe on the track. For what it's worth, I will be spending 80% less time at large tracks this year based on budget and family. My kids are at an age when they need much more of my time. Thanks for your informative .02
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
athenG

Boozt, Can you post your Dyno? I want to see how the 60-1 TQ looks like with this kit.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread