Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:09 AM
rythex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
I just want to clear the air since a lot of people have messaged me about my signature. .....(words)....................did not work and then charging me for the hassle of the work, return, and restocking.
Wow, thats pretty **** poor customer service.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 AM
athenG

TheProfessional, Who did you deal with? You have to email Rick or Bill and NEVER DEAL With Chis. Chris has no commonsense and never look out for the company. If you dealt with Bill or Rick and still had this problem then Shame on STS. It really amaze me that they made Chris their Support Manager now
Old 03-23-2008, 10:10 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by athenG
TheProfessional, Who did you deal with? If you dealt with Bill or Rick and still had this problem then Shame on STS.
I tried to be discrete saying the person responsible but it was Bill Devine and he was speaking on behalf of STS ownership in their decision not to support what Bill promised initially.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:15 AM
athenG

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
I tried to be discrete saying the person responsible but it was Bill Devine and he was speaking on behalf of STS ownership in their decision not to support what Bill promised initially.

Then I feel sorry for you. I know you are upset about the entire thing but why not just take the offer of having it done right at their cost Instead of loosing the $1759 out of your pocket? If it was me then I'll take the offer but that is just me... Good Luck and hope to see you boosting in the near future.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by athenG
Then I feel sorry for you. I know you are upset about the entire thing but why not just take the offer of having it done right at their cost Instead of loosing the $1759 out of your pocket? If it was me then I'll take the offer but that is just me... Good Luck and hope to see you boosting in the near future.
Their offer to have it done at their cost was after they acknowledged they did not have an actual 2006 bolt on kit and wanted to do the work in Orem, UT (as they said, they have $7hr monkeys that can fab the work in a couple of hours as opposed to a reputable shop)

After this stupid offer and the fact they sent me a product they knew wouldn't work, would you take the offer to allow them to screw up your car anymore at your transportation cost??
Old 03-23-2008, 10:23 AM
athenG

/\ Nope I wouldn't send my car to them. If ever, I want it to be done by a local shop and if car will be a guinea pig then I'll probably ask for a discount for the kit itself. Good Luck man.

Edit:
I do have a Revup and a G35 to add to that. They probably assume that if it fit my G35 Revup then it should work with 350z. Then again, maybe Julian pulled some magic to get it installed in my car.

Last edited by athenG; 03-23-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
g35driver2003

Hey guys, my kit is being installed now There already have problems though I cant use utec and they are looking into something else
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I know i truley wanted a sts kit, and after messing w/brads know it's a quality kit but damn they totally fawked him over, Brad if i remember correctly they (sts) didnt tell you they werent paying for the shop and shipping until after the fact correct. the local shop sent it out and added it to the bill? then sts said fawk you, so then you had to pay local dipshits and then the restocking and total ******** at sts. correct me if im wrong. Somehow it'll workout as there is no way you should have to pay that for their mistake!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by idwin
I know i truley wanted a sts kit, and after messing w/brads know it's a quality kit but damn they totally fawked him over, Brad if i remember correctly they (sts) didnt tell you they werent paying for the shop and shipping until after the fact correct. the local shop sent it out and added it to the bill? then sts said fawk you, so then you had to pay local dipshits and then the restocking and total ******** at sts. correct me if im wrong. Somehow it'll workout as there is no way you should have to pay that for their mistake!
Correct, they authorized the return and uninstall from the dealer and then did not honor their promise to cover those expenses. Then when they received the kit, they wanted to charge me more because it was a used kit and parts were modified from our attempt to install it based on the statement in the manual "Some minor modification involved to install this".... No ****! If they sent the correct kit (if they had one to send) there would never have been a problem and I would be rolling with a STS kit now.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 03-26-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, sorry to hear that Professional (was curious by sig and came to read the post)
Old 03-28-2008, 11:34 AM
TheProfessional

I definitely went into this thinking I would be able to get a good result and wanted to post videos and pictures since I could not find much information at all about STS Turbos on the 350Z. In fact I started a job log, took pictures and video, even down to the inventory when it arrived.

When all this went down, that information stopped being pro STS and started turing into lawsuit ammunition.

I still don't feel this has been resolved which is why I am letting everyone know what kind of situation they put me in.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by istan
wow, sorry to hear that Professional (was curious by sig and came to read the post)
Spreading bad news like this will definetly hurt a company
Im going to go make a fidanza sig right now
Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
DanielW
Banned

any news on your car sub?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Sub zero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has been outta the shop for about a week now. I am waiting on a check from the insurance company so that I can get the upgraded intercooler and a more agreesive tune. I gotta talk to rick and find out when they can see my car.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:55 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

The Professional,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with STS. For future reference, our phones are always open for anyone who has ANY questions about the STS kit.

That goes for all the STS guys...if ANY of you STS guys ever need help trouble shooting or help with anything else dealing with the STS kit, PLEASE feel free to call CIN Motorsports. We will try to help you to the best of our ability.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and would be happy to assist anyone with issues whether you buy the kit from us or not.

(704) 523-6700

-Derek

Last edited by DJ SMITTY; 04-01-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
The Professional,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with STS. For future reference, our phones are always open for anyone who has ANY questions about the STS kit.

That goes for all the STS guys...if ANY of you STS guys ever need help trouble shooting or help with anything else dealing with the STS kit, PLEASE feel free to call CIN Motorsports. We will try to help you to the best of our ability.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and would be happy to assist anyone with issues whether you buy the kit from us or not.

(704) 523-6700

-Derek
Actually, anyone can go back and read my messages, when I was working on this, CIN was very responsive and I even made the comment in December that if I was 500mi closer to Charlotte, I would ask them to do this for me. They are very good people at CIN.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 AM
militia

you people at CIN truely know the definition of great customer service

Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Thanks guys The door is always open.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by g35driver2003
Hey guys, my kit is being installed now There already have problems though I cant use utec and they are looking into something else
Looks like you have the Type I ecu. aka early 03 sedan ecu w/ the gray ecu connector. As far as I know, there is no plug/play ecu option. Cobb Tuning is the closest you can get but they haven't done any FI applications that I know of.

You can use UTEC/E manage etc.. but you have to hack/splice your harness/their harness or get another set of ecu connectors and cut/splice away.

But I'd be VERY interested in knowing what they are going to try. Can you elaborate? They might be using the old school fuel pressure risers? Or a split second box? Let me know!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 AM
athenG

/\ I think he's opting out for the Ultimate. I've seen some of the custom pipe fabrication on his sedan and it is hot!! Cant wait to see the first STS Sedan.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread