Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

HKS F-Con iS Tuning Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007 | 02:53 PM
Kenk2
Professional
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mario23
That's why I wanted to get it out there I think its a great unit that just doesn't get enough coverage...
If what you are saying is true, and I am sure it is, then you are right.. More people need to know about it and I thank you for that..

George PM on the way..

K
Old 08-25-2007 | 04:44 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by George@GTM
I am glad this came from a unbiased consumer These are the main reasons I and many other tuners prefer the FCon iS over the UTec.

Shoot me a PM ken and Ill send you my cell number, you can call me if you ever want to talk, no problem at all

-George
GT Motorsports
Well if you're saying this, then it's hard to refute, particularly as I've seen some of the nicest UTEC tunes on the forums posted from your shop. I always thought your secret was using a reflash to scale the stock ECU for the larger injectors since the UTEC sux at controlling larger injectors outside of boost. This was my original plan for my build: UTEC+Osiris, but we'll just see what turns out since Sharif is in charge and he may have some tricks up his sleeve...

Last edited by rcdash; 08-25-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2007 | 04:57 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Originally Posted by rcdash
Well if you're saying this, then it's hard to refute, particularly as I've seen some of the nicest UTEC tunes on the forums posted from your shop. I always thought your secret was using a reflash to scale the stock ECU for the larger injectors since the UTEC sux at controlling larger injectors outside of boost. This was my original plan for my build: UTEC+Osiris, but we'll just see what turns out since Sharif is in charge and he may have some tricks up his sleeve...
The problem with Utec is not just the injector resizing but the timing jump from the zero column into load sites, this adds to the jerkiness people talk about.
Old 08-25-2007 | 07:26 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by westpak
The problem with Utec is not just the injector resizing but the timing jump from the zero column into load sites, this adds to the jerkiness people talk about.
Yeah it's pretty apparent with my car at part throttle/boost. I wish I had known about the iS when I bought the utec, I REALLY like the video output feature it has, it would look so pimp on my Alpine screen in the cubby But like was already mentioned, I like the utec's ability to fully control fuel and timing.

Nice numbers Mario, looks like you and I would make for some good runs if we lined 'em up
Old 08-26-2007 | 04:12 AM
rrmedicx

Does anyone know anything about the haltech? Price? How it compares to either the UTEC or VPRO? Maybe this should be a new thread?
Old 08-30-2007 | 02:14 PM
mario23

That's another one that there's just not a lot of information out there about. Kind of like the iS. That's the main reason I posted this. I know how frustrating it can trying to research some of this stuff. I haven't been able to find anything significant about the Haltech, but it could be the next coming for all I know.

Just as an update, the iS is running like a champ
Old 08-30-2007 | 04:05 PM
rrmedicx

Glad to see the IS working well. Keep us posted and thanks for the info.
Old 09-23-2007 | 04:22 PM
mario23

Just an update. The car is still running great.
We haven't had any problems with it at all.
Westpak and the guys at Japtrix have been great too answering all of my questions. I can be a really be a pest, but they enjoy their work so much that they are always friendly and helpful.
Old 11-30-2007 | 11:27 PM
vroomevo

1)do you guys have screen shot of disply from fcon IS? can you data log using laptop? or does is just display?

2)do you still get to keep safety features from stock ECU since it is piggy back system?

I am from lancer evo8 and have similar piggy back system where you can adjust timing/fuel maps, injector scaling and much more but great part is that you still get to keep safety features from the stock ECU;above certain knock sum, ecu actually switch map from 'high otane' table to 'low octane' table.

3)any computer programs along with Fcon IS that you guys can share?

my bro is trying to put APS ST and looking for engine management and he is oversea, not many tuners.

my email is chongparke@yahoo.com.

any screen shot would be helpful. thanks.
Old 12-01-2007 | 01:30 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by George@GTM
+1

By the time you purchase a Utec pay for installation and tuning you will be close to that price anyway.

-George
GT Motorsports
Man, just pay an extra $1200 and get the VPro.

When you think about in, in the scheme of things, it's not THAT much more money.

Standalone is worth it IMHO, I love my VPro!!!

Thanks again Sam & George (and the guys at GTM)
Old 12-01-2007 | 11:02 AM
Hexxum001

Here is Sam @ GTM tuning my G35 using the FCon iS.

FCon iS Software Video:

Dyno Run:

Name:  P1000319.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  P1000320.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  97.7 KB
Name:  P1000321.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  106.6 KB

Last edited by Hexxum001; 12-01-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-02-2007 | 04:19 PM
mario23

Originally Posted by vroomevo
1)do you guys have screen shot of disply from fcon IS? can you data log using laptop? or does is just display?

2)do you still get to keep safety features from stock ECU since it is piggy back system?

I am from lancer evo8 and have similar piggy back system where you can adjust timing/fuel maps, injector scaling and much more but great part is that you still get to keep safety features from the stock ECU;above certain knock sum, ecu actually switch map from 'high otane' table to 'low octane' table.

3)any computer programs along with Fcon IS that you guys can share?

my bro is trying to put APS ST and looking for engine management and he is oversea, not many tuners.

my email is chongparke@yahoo.com.

any screen shot would be helpful. thanks.
Its important that you know this hardware is tuned by Certified Dealers only with locked software so you wouldn't be able to do that yourself (unless you got a hold of a hack)
Old 12-02-2007 | 04:22 PM
mario23

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Man, just pay an extra $1200 and get the VPro.

When you think about in, in the scheme of things, it's not THAT much more money.

Standalone is worth it IMHO, I love my VPro!!!

Thanks again Sam & George (and the guys at GTM)
I'm at 400 whp right now with a very moderate tune and very happy with the setup.
The Vpro is awesome, but I don't need all that right now at my current setup.
If/when the day comes that I rebuild and want to get the high numbers, then yes, Vpro is the way to go...
Old 12-15-2007 | 03:28 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by mario23
I'm at 400 whp right now with a very moderate tune and very happy with the setup.
The Vpro is awesome, but I don't need all that right now at my current setup.
If/when the day comes that I rebuild and want to get the high numbers, then yes, Vpro is the way to go...
Seeing how the iS is this good I might have saved myself $1200. But oh well, what's a month of work and eating out a bit less haha.

I'm glad you're happy, in the end that's all that matters.

Enjoy your car.
Old 10-18-2010 | 09:47 AM
De La Money

sub