Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engine was built by Mark Brant (or Brent...can't remember the spelling), who works for RA. The crate even said "RA Racing Engine...by Mark B.)
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
overZealous1

hmmmm glad i build all my own stuff, lol

on a side note though, i have never heard you say one negative thing on these forums once and i have been on here 3+ years like yourself. so i'm sure this took some thinking to post.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate you posting this.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Wow, This is VRT all over again, this is undienably a fraud there will be no good reason or excuses Scott/Relentless can come back with to justify his actions. Selling parts that don't exist, selling a port and polish job and giving stock heads. How do these guys think they can get away with this. I guess thats what VRT thought.

Sam

GT Mototports
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Noah you still work at GTspec? Why were you setting up motor deals and passing them from one person to another? Thats what I dont understand. AND if you did, and even though you apologized, its pretty bad to not catch so many mistakes. Not kicking a dead horse truly wondering wth is going on...

Sharif-thanks for posting, Id thank any shop for bringing an issue like this out to the community.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:17 PM
NoahzBurnt

Yes i do.....I was approached by another friend in the industry to help them out as they were in a serious time crunch to get their car done...being we see no retail profit from this, everyone at GTSPEC was aware of our friend's situation and wanted to help him out.......the reason these clerical mistakes were not caught was simply because of a delay in communication from when the PO was sent for the motor til when we were presented with a bill (it was a 4 or 5 week time difference)....at that point i wasn't even aware of errors until sharif and the customer contacted me at which i assumed immediate responsibility and offered to PERSONALLY make the situation right at whatever cost (yes out of my own pocket)....we had other dealings too where these cams were ordered and the part number was created as a template...and i cut and paste this template into another invoice....if i were to do things differently i would have just exchanged phone numbers and not have gotten involved.....

live and learn dude....

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 10-18-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by overZealous1
hmmmm glad i build all my own stuff, lol

on a side note though, i have never heard you say one negative thing on these forums once and i have been on here 3+ years like yourself. so i'm sure this took some thinking to post.
i agree, kudos to you for posting this sharif, and noah, i hate to see these things.

so is the customer gonna have it rebuilt after the show. id be kicking myself ( and somebody else ) in the *** if i built a motor and had to settle for a 5psi tune.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear ya Noah-your a stand up guy, that clears most of the issues up IMO. Good thing none of AXX rubbed off on you
Old 10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The engine was built by Mark Brant (or Brent...can't remember the spelling), who works for RA. The crate even said "RA Racing Engine...by Mark B.)
Mark is Scott's engine builder - they left VRT together. Damn. Even if the invoice is one big clerical nightmare, I just don't understand why would anyone would put together an engine with these parts.

I have a couple PMs from people on the west coast asking about my build and have referred them equally to GTM and RA because those were the shops I knew (as a past customer of both Scott and Sam).

I have gotten to know Sharif pretty well over the past year and his integrity is beyond reproach. However, I am still trying to believe there's an explanation - like maybe the customer didn't have the funds to pay for all the high priced items?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Wow, this is freakin dispicable and discusting to take advantage of the customer in that way..

For Noah.. all due respect with your 5 billion page LS swap thread and all.. It sounds to me like you set up this deal.. so your just as guilty.. Apologies mean what to the ripped off customer?? Not to mention the wasted time on FP..
That's a bit harsh. Most guys don't have the ***** to take responsibility like he did. He was trying to help someone out, made no profit in the deal, and offered to pay out of his own pocket to make things right. Give him a break.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow. this is ugly! I can't wait to hear the flip side of this one.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

History repeats itself...

Still waiting for pics of their shop too... My guess its a VRT home operation or storage unit special...

If you scam the community you'll get called out... If you have nothing to hide time will prove you are legit...

Kudos to Sharif and all the other forum members/shops for speaking out... I was thinking it was just MRC and I that were seeing the BS...
Zilvia

Originally Posted by QuadCam
wow. this is ugly! I can't wait to hear the flip side of this one.

it usually doesnt even take this long.....makes me kinda think someone has some guilt.
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
That's a bit harsh. Most guys don't have the ***** to take responsibility like he did. He was trying to help someone out, made no profit in the deal, and offered to pay out of his own pocket to make things right. Give him a break.

Thank you...even sharif attested to me offering to personally pay for any work needed to make sure my customer is getting what they paid for....that's all i have to say.....and yes bert...after that thread i am glad A** never rubbed off on me...no pun intended
Old 10-18-2007, 06:44 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Thank you...even sharif attested to me offering to personally pay for any work needed to make sure my customer is getting what they paid for....that's all i have to say.....and yes bert...after that thread i am glad A** never rubbed off on me...no pun intended

A** may not have rubbed off on you Noah, But that does not mean A** did not rub off to you.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

History repeats itself...

Still waiting for pics of their shop too... My guess its a VRT home operation or storage unit special...

If you scam the community you'll get called out... If you have nothing to hide time will prove you are legit...

Kudos to Sharif and all the other forum members/shops for speaking out... I was thinking it was just MRC and I that were seeing the BS...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

I would be beyond myself with anger. . . hope everything is worked out and made right.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
NoahzBurnt

mike man.......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAA....lol
Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I am here to clear things up that seemed to have gotten way out of hand. Here is the details to the best of my recalection as to how this mess got to where it is now.

I was asked by Noah at GT Spec to build a couple project motors. The motor in question here was to be used in a SEMA car and FI'ed by way of a Greddy TT kit. After a slight discussion with Noah, I agreed for us (RA) to build this motor for this car. The machine work was done and the motor was assembled in house by Mark, my motor builder as always. This motor has what we feel is needed to fit the exact needs of this customer. I have always kept in close contact with the customer (the car owner), and Noah throught the whole process, speaking to them sometimes 2-3 times a week. When the motor was done, we had it crated and shipped out to the customers shop address in Florida. I was under the impression from day one that this was to be installed and tuned at Performance Factory along with the customer supplied Greddy TT kit and a Utec and I was in contact with Jeremy at PF about it. Everyone I thought was involved in this (the owner, the vender, and the installer) was always aware of the contents of the motor. Since I have talked with all parties involved (so I thought) and always kept in close contact with them I, like Noah, was a little casual about the paperwork involving this motor, and that seemed to be my BIG mistake.

Two weeks or so after that motor shipped out, I flew out to Louie's (Eagletangreen's) home in NC to compete in The Redline Time Attack / GT Live event that following weekend at VIR. The first day I was there, while me and Louie were preparing his car for the Time Attack I got a phone call from Noah. Noah stated that there seemed to be a problem with the customer who recieved the motor and that I needed to contact him about it. I immediatly called the customer and he stated to me that he had taken his car to Forged Performance for the motor install and tune. He was met there by Sharif and the unloaded the built motor and the car. The customer stated to me that Sharif was very curious about the content of that motor. I was told that after he left FP Sharif called him up and asked what the motor had in it as far as a build sheet. Since I did not do a specific build sheet do to the casuall demeaner of this whole transaction, I did not know what the build sheet consisted of that the customer was givven on his envoice. I was not aware of what was givven to Sharif from the customer as far as a build sheet (untill now). I know that Noah and I casually discussed what was to be in the motor and what was not, but still no real documentation that I can remember was done...Once again a obvious oversight ON MY PART too, NOT JUST Noah's.

I do know that the GT Spec, myself, and most importantly the CUSTOMER is well aware, and pretty much always was aware of this whole process, and I, in no way EVER missled anyone throught this whole process. This was the first time that we started this process of shipping out our motors (instead of installing them in house) and I see now that there is some growing pains to come of this.

First off-- I would like commend Noah for stepping up and aknoledgeing the error on his part, and I definately share blame in that lapse of paperwork and communication. Thanks GT Spec and Noah for believeing in our motors

I should also thank Sharif for looking out for our customer and trying to police the ethics of this tuner buisness. Just wish he would have contacted me directly before resulting to these avoidable measures.

This was a huge learning curve and I apoligize to the parties involved for all the mistakes I made in this transaction.

--Scott @ Relentless Autosports

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge