Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm interesting.....sounds like a fair side of the deal......

he did say he tried to call you tho...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

So RA motors that are built for a greddy kit include oem main bolts, oem head gaskets, and oem head bolts?????
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Zilvia

lol...it must be the unofficial OE kit.....
Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman
So RA motors that are built for a greddy kit include oem main bolts, oem head gaskets, and oem head bolts?????
That's exactly what I was thinking...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Pete@BC

So I guess it's time for me to post. I must say I am a bit dissappointed with this whole situation and all the drama that has come about it. As if Sema isn't bringing enough stress with deadlines and so on.

1st off. Thumbs up to Noah for coming on and letting everyone know his involvement. Great guy to deal with. He's helped us with all our needs with this G35 project

2nd- I have nothing but good things to say about how Sherif and his crew worked on the car. The car looked like it came from the factory with all our goodies. Its one of the cleanest installs I've seen. I am a bit dissappointed because we were told that due to the fact that this had been a clerical issue, this would not be addressed to the public. If we would have recieved an invoice directly from Ra with the list, this would have been resolved differently as there would not be any excuses for missing parts or work.

Now. A few months back we decided that the Nissan community was of high intrest to become involved with our sales goals and we decided what better than to use a z or g project vehicle that would later be used in time attack or track events. We approached Noah with what we were trying to attain and asked if he knew of any vehicles that were being time attacked or raced consistantly. After a few suggestions, RA was looked into. We were intrested in a similar setup used by their vehicle, with no specific request in parts. Strictly said was, build us a motor that would be suitable for our needs. It was up to them to provide this. The cost was agreed,whether it had a hks or not, bolts or studs. Our concern was the final result of the vehicle and it's ability. Not all builders will build a motor with the same parts. So one can always claim a good or bad build. Not being involved much with nissan motors in the past, my knowledge for the vq is very limited and my trust goes to the builder to know and provide what he recommends. So ultimately I could care less how it's built as long as it can handle the abuse given and I won't have to be in the shop consistantly fixing issues due to a poor job.

Now I appauled and appreciate the phone call from Sherif when he called me concerned about the list Noah had provided. That definately shows attention to detail. I then called Noah and recieved all the answers I needed and I personally called Scott on it to find out. After our conversation with Scott, I was fully confident with the work provided and was 100% confident on he provided what we wanted.

After that conversation I called Sherif and spoke with him in regards to the motor. I informed him that I was confident about the motor and accepted the invoice error that Noah did admit to at that time. I told Sherif to proceed with the installation and tuning as agreed. Sherif became leery about the motor and Scotts past history with VRT and said he was not comfortable tuning the vehicle, but after a few hrs he contacted us back and agreed to follow with what we originally agreed to do. Now after this call we all sat down and had a meeting. Now you can all imagine from the original call saying we got scammed per the invoice how much stress can come about this. In the meeting alot was discussed about the project and involved parties and the final outcome was to show up by suprise to Forged and see what was going on with the vehicle and have a sit down to discuss the ultimate goal which was getting this car completed for Sema. If we could not resolve this and keep the drama out, I was ready to take the vehicle and all the parts with me and all else have someone else complete the work or just do a intercooler on the front end to get it to Sema. After all, you roll the car in and it didn't need to be running. Our final conclusion was to tune the vehicle to stock wastegate springs and this would keep any doubts by anyone that the tuner sabatoged the motor. I personally thought this was a good idea as this also was Sherifs way to protect himself also.

Ok, so here we are now. We don't have the car power wise were we want it to be because we are trying to keep the tuner/installer out of any doubts.

Scot has answered all my calls, in no way do I feel I have been ripped off. But I don't know what this motor is able to do. Being that Sema is less than 2 weeks away (well really we leave to Sema next thursday because the commute and setup time) doesn't leave much time to figure out what to do about the tuning.

So basically to make it short, this has become something that could hurt Scotts reputation and livelihood. Due to his building a motor different or with different parts. Like I said before, if it handles the abuse and boost I don't care whats in it. What I do know is, that sometimes extra parts = extra money in a shops income. Wether those parts are needed or not. If it's one thing I've really learned about the g/z's is these aint no cheap car to build by far.

So I think personally as respect to both of our sponsors, and this is up to both parties to eliminate the he said she said on the boards.

All involved parties will be at Sema last I spoke with everyone. We can arrange to find a local shop in Vegas. Sema ends friday and Saturday morning we can take the vehicle to the shop to be put on the dyno and video the tune for all to see. The goal is to be high 5xx or break into the 6xx's. It's up to what the greddy kit and setup will dish out.

I invite both parties to show for the results. If both parties are willing to meet. I'll have the video posted online for the board members to view and we would update everyone on the findings. I will not take sides on this, both parties are our sponsors. But I also feel dissappointed that this vehicle has brought stress, drama on the community.

If anyone has suggestions on where there are some shops in that area, please inform us.

Once again, I have no hard feelings for anyone that we have dealt with. I hate being looked on like a ref, everyone hates those guys
Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

waiting for the name correction to come from sharif!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Zilvia

what exactly did u tell them the goals where as far as performance/hp?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is best idea I have ever heard.

great thinking.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
D350Z10

Relentless Autosports.... are you even licensed, do you even have a actual shop or do you work out of "Home", If so where is your shop located... any pictures and verifed addresses? Just Curious
Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Motormouth
Banned

let me understand:

Forged Performance had already talked to RA and Noah before making this post and still made it, and the customer is even saying they weren't scammed? or did he find out after the fact the details about Noah's build sheet?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Zilvia

well from reading it i dont think RA and FP ever talked to each other...now im getttin confused about who knew what about it.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Thanks BC Racing for the trust and support, and once again sorry for the unnecessary drama (not your fault) I can't wait to see that motor tuned to the likes of 5** to 6**, or whatever that Greddy kit can through at it. Get it nice and broken in.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Pete - it seems you placed too much trust in other people. while I do agree that everybody has their personal spin on what is a good build, somethings are pretty universal. the fact that you were looking to boost the car to the tune of high 500's, there are certain things that are considered a given. The head gaskets and head studs are those things. These things are not like a cheaper set of rods or the sleeved vs nonsleeved debate.

Unless this motor was assembled by a third party machine shop with out the knowledge, guidance, or inspection of RA, there is no excuse for what I will call an OEM build
Canadian
Banned

It seems to be like Sharif has had it out for Scott since the very beginning. Whats the deal with that?

I know Scott pretty well, and I know HE WOULD NOT rip off a customer. He has too much too lose if such a thing happened, and I KNOW he knows better then that considering what happened with VRT. I still have just as much confidence in him/RA as before. He's still my choice for my engine build, if I ever do one.
NoahzBurnt

Well i guess we know who the customer is now. Pete and I have helped each other thru the stress and dealing of getting our cars ready (and into...thnx pete) SEMA. He is a great guy and possibly the last person that deserves to be dragged thru the mud for simply being the customer. He has helped me and many GTSPEC people source parts for our cars and we jumped at the opportunity to return the favor.

I think a tune it til the motor goes or the greddy kit maxes out session is a great idea dude.

Motormouth- Myself and Pete were unaware of my clerical error until shrif noticed the discrepency. Sharif and I spoke immediately and that is when i offered to pay out of pocket for anything that Pete needed to have a safe car. Scott was then informed of teh situation and has since been in contact with pete answering all of his question and mine. I will admit that even I immediately jumped to conclusions when sharif called but called RA to ask them what was going on with this. When i reviewed what was on the invoice...that is when I called and appologized for my mistakes to pete and sharif.

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 10-18-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Zilvia

why would sharif have it out for Scott?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

oem main bolts, oem head gaskets, and oem head bolts +
Originally Posted by Pete@BC
The goal is to be high 5xx or break into the 6xx's.
= KABOOM!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by Zilvia
why would sharif have it out for Scott?
I don't know, but I always see him trying to call Scott out for crap, such as this thread.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

well from reading it i dont think RA and FP ever talked to each other...now im getttin confused about who knew what about it.
Not that it matters too much, but I have placed SEVERALL calls to Sharif, and left many messages throught this whole process to try to clear all this up (many times in front of some of these forums members). Oh, and I got one call back from him while I wasmin the middle of a Time Attack event.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Pete@BC

what exactly did u tell them the goals where as far as performance/hp?
We were looking for the goal of breaking into the 6xx's, but high 5xx's would be fine.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge