Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe mark can chime in and discuss his reasoning for using the parts.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nforce1
Wow, How high school has this thread got.

Bottom line, everything has been explained and everyone was informed from the beginning.... Mistakes were made, admitted AND RESOLVED...

Everyone feels the need to bash each other to gain some sort of personal enrichment...
we have the winner!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Nforce1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilvia
wrong we wont to find out the reasoning for the unrealistic build.....
The bashing continues even AFTER all explinations and resolutions have been made... High school
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i dont see it being cleared up yet...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Zilvia

he never explained why they used OE parts.......he just said it was overlooked.

U dont build and engine with OE parts when some one tells u they want 600whp. i could see if we had Factory tank blocks like the 2jz or RB26 motors but we dont ........
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Motormouth
maybe mark can chime in and discuss his reasoning for using the parts.
Mark is a man of few words and is smart enough to NOT even go on these message boards and subject himself to ^^ all this needless drama. I DO NOT question the man, I just drive the stuff, and BEAT the hell out of it.
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Maybe its because all the VRT/RA cars that make 500-600rwhp are really only making 300-400rwhp with out the added BS Correction.

I guess they only upgrade the hardware when its a 700-800rwhp build (500-600rwhp in reality)

I actually doubt they have ever built a TRUE 600rwhp car, hence why they needed to drive a FORGED PERFORMANCE BUILT car on the race track to get first place in their recent time attack race.

-George
GT Motorsports
yadoh

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Now. A few months back we decided that the Nissan community was of high intrest to become involved with our sales goals and we decided what better than to use a z or g project vehicle that would later be used in time attack or track events. We approached Noah with what we were trying to attain and asked if he knew of any vehicles that were being time attacked or raced consistantly. After a few suggestions, RA was looked into. We were intrested in a similar setup used by their vehicle, with no specific request in parts. Strictly said was, build us a motor that would be suitable for our needs. It was up to them to provide this.
i was wondering what engine internal mods you have in your car WA2GOOD, since Peter@BC was looking to replicate a Z that was being time attacked and raced consistantly.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Maybe its because all the VRT/RA cars that make 500-600rwhp are really only making 300-400rwhp with out the added BS Correction.

I guess they only upgrade the hardware when its a 700-800rwhp build (500-600rwhp in reality)

I actually doubt they have ever built a TRUE 600rwhp car, hence why they needed to drive a FORGED PERFORMANCE BUILT car on the race track to get first place in their recent time attack race.

-George
GT Motorsports
you are going to make assumptions about another shop that you don't have proof on and smear thier name??? wow
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
kognition

So are you still trying to say.... Sharif, that R.A. is ripping off customers? I am incredulous at how you continue to slam Scott. I commend anyone for looking out for a customers behalf. But your words continue to be.... purposefully slanderous. And as i have said, you do in fact have it out for R.A. for whatever reason. Because there is getting down to the facts of something, such as on this thread... and there is Libel, Slander whatever you choose to call it. You have done it. Your statement suggests, that the customer has in fact been "burned" by R.A.
I am laughing outloud at your post stating how you started out in YOUR garage
while you and others are slamming R.A.'s shop. Apparently, you forgot where you came from.
Still looking for the "RA ripped me off" thread, after all this garbage.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
but I still felt it was important for people to know the facts of this, so nobody else gets burned by RA.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Nforce1

-George
GT Motorsports
Kinda lame, last time I checked the "Double Down" Time Attack Z has won many 1st place time attacks, in various catagories.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
kognition

Quit blabbing. You don't know what you are talking about. We don't see anything you tune placing in Time Attack.

-George
GT Motorsports
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Here's a thought.... maybe Rentless gave the customer an INCENTIVE so that he woulnd't come out and bash Rentless in the first place....

Not implying anything... just something to think about, I have seen it before where a Shop ****s up and in return throws the victim a "sponser title"
This is definately not the case on our part nor offered. Scott stands 100% behind the build and we admire that. That is why we suggested the offer to have both parties show for this. This would clear up any suggestions or thoughts that this was covered up on our part or any others.

Like I said in the first post, Sherif did a awesome job at what we assigned his facility to do. Scott provided the motor and stands behind that it will perform to what we expect it to. That said, only a full tune to hp originally wanted and time on the track will tell.
failsafe306

Originally Posted by kognition
I am laughing outloud at your post stating how you started out in YOUR garage
while you and others are slamming R.A.'s shop. Apparently, you forgot where you came from.
Sharif started selling parts online out of his house, but when he started building cars hands on, he started up his own shop, the same one he's in now. He never installed turbo kits out of his garage at home like you are suggesting.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by overZealous1
i do not mean to step on toes, and hope this does not come across that way, cause i have worked with both sharif (over the phone) and scott and respect both of you guys. but the first question is for sharif. when the motor was in the state it was in from the pics, it would have been easy to swap out the bolts, maybe an hour or 2, rather than a potential problem down the road where it could cost the customer 3-4 times the amount or more. i understand the fact of not wanting to get involved with that portion, but in the end it may of been a good descision to benefit the customer down the road.
Changing out the bolts for studs is not an hour or two, unfortunately. We basically have to dissembled the entire motor (minus the shortbock), change the gasket, change the bolts for studs..reseal the engine..etc..etc. And after the initial inspection, I felt the whole engine really need to be re-checked from top to bottom. This would take a couple days that we didnt have. With the time constraints, we didnt even have time to install the meth kit that Pete wanted installed. And Scott told the customer, that if we opened the engine, that he wouldnt stand behind it...so Pete made the decision to leave it be, and I agree to tune it to low boost.
Time was our enemy, with this build.
Julian@MRC
Banned

Wow, just wow..I just got home and i heard rumors of this thread brewing but had no idea the whole picture.
My oinion for what its worth, is that if the owner of the engine is content with paying for something that will not come close to what it is advertised to do, then he was taken advantage of.
Poor or improper documentation of something as simple as a spec sheet and what parts were used or billed in a particular motor, would be enough to make me, as a consumer to run the other way. How is this motor supposed to handle 600hp and being abused on race track , when the engine builder dont even know what parts were put in the motor. Thats not casual that negligentat the least if not deceptive ,fraudulent practice.
If you cant even sit down, write up a build spec, and parts quote with real and worthy parts that have been proven time and time again, then how the hell do you have the nerve to even attempt to assemble something so precise and critical an a high performance engine?
I find this to be a slap in the face to all of the worthy 350Z tuners and shops in the country.How a person comes out of an operation like VRT and goes on to even work in this industry is beyond me.And the fact that people trust them cause he is NICE, is even more disturbing.
I think i will change from being Legit and an a$$hole, to being Nice and scamming people of their money..Seems to be the in thing to do...
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Nforce1
Kinda lame, last time I checked the "Double Down" Time Attack Z has won many 1st place time attacks, in various catagories.
-edited-
Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
That said, only a full tune to hp originally wanted and time on the track will tell.
Just curious who will be doing this tune?? I cannot see any tuner on these boards or any tuner in the know that would tune this particular motor towards your stated HP goals. Is RA going to perform the final tune?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
kognition

Scott doesn't install turbo kit's in his garage like you guys are suggesting either.

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Sharif started selling parts online out of his house, but when he went into the hands on part of it, he started out in his own shop, the same one he's in now. He never installed turbo kits out of his garage at home like you are suggesting.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Motormouth
you are going to make assumptions about another shop that you don't have proof on and smear thier name??? wow
You want more proof then Scott himself admitting that they build their own time attack cars with OEM Head studs, gaskets and main bolts?

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Yes, Raj. Believe it or not this is the exact same build in this motor as our very punished Time Attack car, except the cams, we only have S2's on a non-rev up (untill next week). There will be some exciting news comming up on that motor here pretty soon that we are excited about...
So if this was you, and you were going to build a 600rwhp time attack car, would you do what is virtually a OEM build? For a car that is going to be abused on a roadcourse? I guess everyone else in the community is just stupid and overbuilding all these engines, when what we really need is to learn some "Voodoo"

Give me a break...

-George
GT Motorsports

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge