Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
NoahzBurnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea my car will be there with the V8....ooops irrelevant post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

omg, so excite! (thumbs up)
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 PM
NoahzBurnt

your avitar still scares me
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 PM
D350Z10

Here's a thought.... maybe Rentless gave the customer an INCENTIVE so that he woulnd't come out and bash Rentless in the first place....

Not implying anything... just something to think about, I have seen it before where a Shop ****s up and in return throws the victim a "sponser title"
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by failsafe306
What makes your OEM bolts and gaskets better than every one else's that failed?

I can not speak for others, as I do not know what they do, or do not do. Mark has his little voodoo ways about his building skills, he is the best at his job and it shows
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by dc350zl10
Here's a thought.... maybe Rentless gave the customer an INCENTIVE so that he woulnd't come out and bash Rentless in the first place....

Not implying anything... just something to think about, I have seen it before where a Shop ****s up and in return throws the victim a "sponser title"
?lol... yeah that's it.
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian
I don't know, but I always see him trying to call Scott out for crap, such as this thread.
I have always liked Scott - he's helped me out in the past, even offering to pay to correct an issue I was having trouble working out on my own. That's my personal experience.

However, from a business standpoint, the invoicing transgressions are inexcusable. Mistakes admitted - learn a lesson and move on? Ok, but what about the part choices - some I suppose could be debated, but who honestly would use OEM spec stuff for 500 whp? Sure it might last a dyno tuning session - but on the track as a time attack car?

Based on what I know of Scott, I would like to believe that he was probably just too busy and didn't pay attention to every detail. Maybe he ok'd parts that would work for a show car for a limited time and saved everybody some money. My feeling is that he probably thought this was a good compromise given the customer's situation. Compound this with the invoicing errors and it casts RA in a poor light.

Based on what I know of Sharif, he is not going to personally attack someone unless he feels that person is doing something unethical. Given all the evidence I don't think anyone can blame him for coming forth with all the evidence. Hiding this kind of thing would eat at my conscience cause I would never really know if someone was being taken advantage of.

This is something Scott, Sharif, and Pete need to work out. Good luck to all parties involved.

Last edited by rcdash; 10-18-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
your avitar still scares me
Yeah as if she wasn't scary enough
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I to have had OEM head gaskets and head bolts not hold . I didnt even make it off the dyno trying to tune a SC at 13psi . It will be interesting to see if it holds up .
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Great questions, BOTH of them. YES to both
Scott, if you managed to talk your way out of the mess with Pete, then good for you. But it doesnt change the facts, that Pete was shocked with our discovery as well. Then you managed to smooth things over with him, but again, it doesnt change the facts.

And just curious, if this build sheet was for another engine, is that one built with the fictitious parts too?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Yeah as if she wasn't scary enough
if I was still a premier member she would now be eating a baby.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
failsafe306

I can not speak for others, as I do not know what they do, or do not do. Mark has his little voodoo ways about his building skills, he is the best at his job and it shows
Sorry Scott, I have nothing personal against you at all, but that statement just doesn't fly with me. I hope you prove me wrong though and this guy doesn't lift his heads or damages his crank on the dyno trying for 600's.

Last edited by failsafe306; 10-18-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Canadian
Banned

I agree, they do need to work out the situation and get it sorted out. BUT he does not need to go to the lengths to call them VRT all over again and warning people about getting burned by RA.

Has anyone been "burned" by RA?

Zilvia

what i dont get is if they knew his HP goals...why use crap OE parts. why not just use some that would stand the beating... that seems like the dumb mistake by the builder..
Motormouth
Banned

like the Nismo conrod bolts that are real? lol/

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ine&prodid=924
Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

A cusomter gives you a horsepower goal of high 500rwhp low 600rwhp, and you use OEM gaskets, OEM (or "NISMO" ) Head Studs, Mains studs, and say it will hold up because of Marks "Voodoo" engine building?!

Last time I checked there wasn't any magic involved in building an engine, but I guess there is going to have to be for this engine to make a reliable 600rwhp.

Anxious to see the results.

Sam

GT Motorsports
Old 10-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Nforce1

Wow, How high school has this thread got.

Bottom line, everything has been explained and everyone was informed from the beginning.... Mistakes were made, admitted AND RESOLVED...

Everyone feels the need to bash each other to gain some sort of personal enrichment...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Zilvia

Originally Posted by Nforce1
Wow, How high school has this thread got.

Bottom line, everything has been explained and everyone was informed from the beginning.... Mistakes were made, admitted AND RESOLVED...

Everyone feels the need to bash each other to gain some sort of personal enrichment...

wrong we wont to find out the reasoning for the unrealistic build.....
Old 10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
what about the part choices - some I suppose could be debated, but who honestly would use OEM spec stuff for 500 whp? Sure it might last a dyno tuning session - but on the track as a time attack car?
Yes, Raj. Believe it or not this is the exact same build in this motor as our very punished Time Attack car, except the cams, we only have S2's on a non-rev up (untill next week). There will be some exciting news comming up on that motor here pretty soon that we are excited about...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:07 PM
overZealous1

if everything was discussed, and the customer did not pay extra for the items, then no harm done.

i do not mean to step on toes, and hope this does not come across that way, cause i have worked with both sharif (over the phone) and scott and respect both of you guys. but the first question is for sharif. when the motor was in the state it was in from the pics, it would have been easy to swap out the bolts, maybe an hour or 2, rather than a potential problem down the road where it could cost the customer 3-4 times the amount or more. i understand the fact of not wanting to get involved with that portion, but in the end it may of been a good descision to benefit the customer down the road.
2nd is for scott. why did you guys not install the upgraded bolts and abit more for hks gaskets? if the customer was not charged for these fine, but i have seen these parts not last on my own motor at about those power levels. i know you have done alot of racing on these motors and possibly more than nearly anyone else, so hopefully you are correct on this one.

again, not trying to put you guys on the spot or **** ya off, but the whole pointing fingers in everyone elses direction and forgetting about the customer and his expectations of the final product he is paying for is BS. the forums have started to become a finger pointing war.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge