Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Changing out the bolts for studs is not an hour or two, unfortunately. We basically have to dissembled the entire motor (minus the shortbock), change the gasket, change the bolts for studs..reseal the engine..etc..etc. And after the initial inspection, I felt the whole engine really need to be re-checked from top to bottom. This would take a couple days that we didnt have. With the time constraints, we didnt even have time to install the meth kit that Pete wanted installed. And Scott told the customer, that if we opened the engine, that he wouldnt stand behind it...so Pete made the decision to leave it be, and I agree to tune it to low boost.
Time was our enemy, with this build.
ya, i know the gaskets would have been timely, but just the bolts would be an hour or 2. understandable to me now considering the time constraints and warranty portion though.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Sharif started selling parts online out of his house, but when he started building cars hands on, he started out in his own shop, the same one he's in now. He never installed turbo kits out of his garage at home like you are suggesting.
Exactly, when I started this business, I was completely forthcoming and anyone that has been here since the begining, knows how my company started. But I NEVER worked on customer cars in my home garage, which is completely illegal.

I sold parts online, and I worked at CP Racing doing the tuning, and wrenching when time permitted.
failsafe306

Originally Posted by kognition
Scott doesn't install turbo kit's in his garage like you guys are suggesting either.
I never said he did.
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

But your words continue to be.... purposefully slanderous.
There's no way you can justify that remark given the evidence presented. Anyone in the same situation would come to the conclusion that the customer was being taken advantage of. Scott is taking care of the situation and providing a warranty on the motor - great. Problem solved. You are only promoting the "high school" behavior your colleague from LV was referring to.
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nforce1
The bashing continues even AFTER all explinations and resolutions have been made... High school
Umm... Just because you (and the car owner/customer) think it's resolved, doesn't mean all is right here. You are ignoring the common knowledge and overall consensus here that the OEM parts used in this engine build are very questionable (at best) for the power levels the customer asked for with intentions of race use.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i think he said it would be tuned at some locas shop in vegas.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by George@GTM
You want more proof then Scott himself admitting that they build their own time attack cars with OEM Head studs, gaskets and main bolts?

So if this was you, and you were going to build a 600rwhp time attack car, would you do what is virtually a OEM build? For a car that is going to be abused on a roadcourse? I guess everyone else in the community is just stupid and overbuilding all these engines, when what we really need is to learn some "Voodoo"

Give me a break...

-George
GT Motorsports
In case you didn't know, their Time Attack Z is pushing much more than 600whp, and has well over 4-5,000 track miles on it, and it is still going strong. I see where you guys are coming from, but I mean c'mon - their time attack car is proof of what they can do. I don't understand how everyone is dismissing this very important yet simple fact.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Canadian
In case you didn't know, their Time Attack Z is pushing much more than 600whp, and has well over 4-5,000 track miles on it, and it is still going strong. I see where you guys are coming from, but I mean c'mon - their time attack car is proof of what they can do. I don't understand how everyone is dismissing this very important yet simple fact.
I believe a lot of us are still waiting on that 600rwhp dyno sheet, from a Dynojet of course.

-George
GT Motorsports
Motormouth
Banned

You want more proof then Scott himself admitting that they build their own time attack cars with OEM Head studs, gaskets and main bolts?

-George
GT Motorsports
no, show me proof, since you want to state something as FACT, where any RA car is making 1-200whp less than they have stated.

I am not a technical expert to tell you whether or not the engine is up to snuff. I know you are notorious for overbuilding cars. not that it is a terrible thing to do, if for the right reasons.
Julian@MRC
Banned

they needed to drive a FORGED PERFORMANCE BUILT car on the race track to get first place in their recent time attack race.

-George
GT Motorsports
Oh thats right..Louies car.Sharif did the entire build and tune, and then RA and another shop come and do some free work on it, and next thing you know, there is a big a$$ RA sticker on the car as if they built it.. To me that was very tacky on both the owner of the car, and the shops that offered the sponsorship, knowing that the quality of the build would reflect ultimately to the shops stickered up on the car, when in fact they did VERY little to make the car what it was.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Vegas_Speedster

The fact that Scott stands behind the engine and is willing to warranty and RACE that car speaks volumes. You other so called tuners, get your best car and meet Scott on the track. That's where real racers settle disputes, not on a PC. Let the best build win.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM
D350Z10

Scott doesn't install turbo kit's in his garage like you guys are suggesting either.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE *** YOUR TALKING ABOUT

Sharif Sold PARTS from his home and you can do that if you buy from wholesalers... and WORKED FOR A LICENSED SHOP ... CP Racing
HE DIDN'T WORK OUT OF HIS OWN HOUSE....

Get your facts straight once you do that, go ahead stop posting.... Your fighting against companies whose track records are virtually PERFECT...

Not Fake *** compaines that are not legally licensed and do not own real shops..
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Umm... Just because you (and the car owner/customer) think it's resolved, doesn't mean all is right here. You are ignoring the common knowledge and overall consensus here that the OEM parts used in this engine build are very questionable (at best) for the power levels the customer asked for with intentions of race use.
but is that the point of this thread?

first it was stated that the customer was not given the parts promised, AFTER sharif already knew from the customer, RA & noah that he got the parts he was supposed to and that his misgivings could be explained by a clerical error.

and he still.made.the.thread. < am I the only one who sees a problem with this?
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by Vegas_Speedster
The fact that Scott stands behind the engine and is willing to warranty and RACE that car speaks volumes. You other so called tuners, get your best car and meet Scott on the track. That's where real racers settle disputes, not on a PC. Let the best build win.
+1 couldn't agree more.
Zilvia

Originally Posted by Canadian

one car that we have yet to see a true dyno sheet for.......One car that doesnt even out with the hundreds of cars that other shops have put out. and im sure we can all be assured that none of those from any of the companies use OEM parts in such strength needed areas
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by overZealous1
if everything was discussed, and the customer did not pay extra for the items, then no harm done.

i do not mean to step on toes, and hope this does not come across that way, cause i have worked with both sharif (over the phone) and scott and respect both of you guys. but the first question is for sharif. when the motor was in the state it was in from the pics, it would have been easy to swap out the bolts, maybe an hour or 2, rather than a potential problem down the road where it could cost the customer 3-4 times the amount or more. i understand the fact of not wanting to get involved with that portion, but in the end it may of been a good descision to benefit the customer down the road.
2nd is for scott. why did you guys not install the upgraded bolts and abit more for hks gaskets? if the customer was not charged for these fine, but i have seen these parts not last on my own motor at about those power levels. i know you have done alot of racing on these motors and possibly more than nearly anyone else, so hopefully you are correct on this one.

again, not trying to put you guys on the spot or **** ya off, but the whole pointing fingers in everyone elses direction and forgetting about the customer and his expectations of the final product he is paying for is BS. the forums have started to become a finger pointing war.
This was sherif suggestion to us. Because a motor from another shop is involved, it gets a bit complicated if something fails. The builder can turn around and blame the shop and so on. I've seen it before. To eliminate that and Scot continuously was asked questions regarding the build. We decided to leave it as the builder had offered and continue with the install.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
no, show me proof, since you want to state something as FACT, where any RA car is making 1-200whp less than they have stated.

I am not a technical expert to tell you whether or not the engine is up to snuff. I know you are notorious for overbuilding cars. not that it is a terrible thing to do, if for the right reasons.
That's an unreasonable request since it's not possible. And attacking GTM for overbuilding is going O/T. jeez.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Vegas_Speedster
Somebody's bluffing. He knows damn well that motor isn't going to hold up, and that he isn't running OEM stuff in his motor...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
in clearly see the engine being in question ....i dont see the customer being ripped off when he came here and stated he was confortable. ..

did the customer paid enough for the power goals he asked? cause he is obviously not caring on the content o f the engine , which is weird, as long as i handles the power(which is whats in question)...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Canadian
Banned

Originally Posted by Zilvia
one car that we have yet to see a true dyno sheet for.......One car that doesnt even out with the hundreds of cars that other shops have put out. and im sure we can all be assured that none of those from any of the companies use OEM parts in such strength needed areas
I don't need a dyno sheet to know, and its pathetic that you all need proof of a claim that isn't even ground breaking. I've seen the Z in person numerous times. It has won numerous time attack events. Do you think the car with 400whp would win??? Afterall, you guys are claiming all of RA's cars are ~200whp less than anything they say.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports - VRT: You be the judge