Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger SC pic on the Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 02:04 PM
7 eleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 99AllTurbo
Damn, the power gain sounds great, but that price......

99AllTurbo: Honey I'm gonna buy a s/c for the Z
Wife: How much?
99AllTurbo: 6 g's
*99AllTurbo gets kicked in da nutz**
99AllTurbo: (in a high pitched voice) I didn't need it anyways.

That sucks. I need to win the lotto.
LOL! I'd never go at it like that. It's a slow relentless process until she just says yes to make me shut up. (ya it's sad, but such is life.)
Old 05-31-2003, 02:11 PM
little_rod

Default Re: Clarity for thoise with questions

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
First of all the manufacturer MSRP is $5400.00 right now and then going to $5900.00

That price includes the charger, the new fuel pump, fuel managment system ( which can control boost), front mounted intercooler, intake, hoses, clamps etc.

This is a 100% full kit. The kit has been on a car for a while now and tested. JIC has the car now and has been pushing it to the limits.

The introductory price is $5400.00. After the intial production runs, the price will go to the $5900.00 price.

We have sold two and doing the installs as soon as they arrive. Install and tuning time is about 10 hours (estimated).

The one car done has been heavilly hammered on and no clutch or tranny problems noted to date.

Once I get a kit in I have have alot more specifics

Regards
Well, from all of the talk of this kit, it was supposed to be in the $4000 range. You have to see that it is suprising to us for you to come in with $6000, especially when that is the range that the Greddy was talking about coming in at. If your procharger is $6000, I have to ask, what do you expect your Greddy to be priced at???
Old 05-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Prices

Prices are based on the cost to the dealer plus a reasonable markup. The cost to dealers is well over 4K.

You can not base a final price expectation before the final configuration is done.

At 5400.00 there is not a lot of margin.

MSRP will rise. As volumes increase we may be able to offer better pricing but not until volume increases. The volume commitment is very high.

As for GReddy - we will not offer a price until is "really" is released and we know dealer prices

Regards
Old 05-31-2003, 02:53 PM
little_rod

Well, that's cool, it is just more money than I thought it would be. Heck, that is making me guess upwards of $8000 for the Greddy TT kit. Yikes!!!

I think you mentioned earlier that the fuel management system is what makes this kit more expensive, along with adjustable boost levels. Do you know if a bottom kit will be available with just the basics, or is this just the best and safest kit to use so just save up the 7 grand for the kit and installation (looks like I will be waiting a while now, lol).
Old 05-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Ricky
Banned

For those saying $5,400 is too much, I do believe Vortech is working on a S/C and will aim at about $4,000-4,500. Don't know results. Should be posted by end of summer. I'm going to wait till Aug to see effects of pro-charger over 2-3months, and vortech's specs.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:11 PM
little_rod

Hey, I was wondering, do all of these FI kits come with new and different intakes, air filters, and such, or is it just this kit???

BTW, guess everything you want costs, the Vortech would be nice at that price, but it runs at much higher temps than the procharger.

Last edited by little_rod; 05-31-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:38 PM
CSHFLW

Lets see...everyone of there kits is 4100...hmmm....but this one is 2000 more because..????
Old 05-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Because

Th eothers do not have a FMIC, Fuel management etc etc.

This one also has it's own intake etc.

There are only two kits released right now - Stillen and the Pro Charger.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:03 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

like someone said, the Stillen kit seems much more reasonable priced than any FI kit so far.. even though we don't know how much Greddy or Power Enterprise will cost, I doubt it will be less than $4000.00.

If we wait for the volume order increase, it's still won't be much less than $5400.00. I really wonder why it's priced close to the elusive Greddy TT price, with lesser parts.. Maybe they think this is for the "elite" fews that has money to burn?

For this price, it woudl be nice to include Clutch Assembly, since for sure it will burn the stock clutch....if not first, definitely within a few month..

enough ranting... peace out..
Old 05-31-2003, 05:32 PM
joeshow750

That price includes the charger, the new fuel pump, fuel managment system ( which can control boost), front mounted intercooler, intake, hoses, clamps etc
I'm not understanding this. How does the fuel management system control boost? From my experience, the only way to control boost level with an SC is by changing pulleys to preset boost levels assigned to those given pulleys with respect to the specific car and SC system. There's no wastegate and I don't see how you could use the bypass valve to control boost....it's only there to allow the SC to spin on vacuum from the intake manifold. Unless there's some sort of feedback loop to the bypass valve from the fuel management system to correct boost to the given amount of fuel being supplied (in order to keep the engine safe with the correct mixture)....but I don't think this is the case. Also you could use a BOV to release the pressure but I don't see how this could be controled via the fuel management system either. Please explain.

Last edited by joeshow750; 05-31-2003 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:37 PM
jimster716

I'm confused about the pricing in comparison to the Civic kit. All the online retailers sell the C-1 Procharger as part of what's called the tuning kit which includes:
Ø Air-to-air intercooler system out performs air-to-water systems, with easier installations
Ø Bosch bypass/surge system
Ø High Performance in-line fuel pump and fuel management unit

And for around $3700.

The only kits i saw that were around the $6-7k were the applications for the vette. I'm wondering if the pricing is due to the new introduction of the Z or perhaps return on investment of higher than anticipated development costs as the Z engine bay is kinda tight or pricing at what the Z market will bear.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Technica

Originally posted by joeshow750
I'm not understanding this. How does the fuel management system control boost? From my experience, the only way to control boost level with an SC is by changing pulleys to preset boost levels assigned to those given pulleys with respect to the specific car and SC system. There's no wastegate and I don't see how you could use the bypass valve to control boost....it's only there to allow the SC to spin on vacuum from the intake manifold. Unless there's some sort of feedback loop to the bypass valve from the fuel management system to correct boost to the given amount of fuel being supplied (in order to keep the engine safe with the correct mixture)....but I don't think this is the case. Also you could use a BOV to release the pressure but I don't see how this could be controld via the fuel management system either. Please explain.
Ding ding ding... Good questions.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:07 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow.. just what i imagined where the SC would be put! heheh.

7 psi is normal for a centrifugal blower. but yea. $6k, even WITH a front mount intercooler would be insane.

how are you guys raising the fuel pressure? Vortech FMU? and how are you running the oil-return line, the oil cover pan is way on the other side of the engine!

but thats a nice setup.. if its anything like the Vortech units for the Max, boost would come at around 3000 for the V2 blower.... which from the images. looks a little bigger than this procharger...

neato idea..

well. good luck with it. but $6k is a big dump of cash.. i think you can buy your own V2 blower for less than 1k for just a blower, Vortech FMU would be around two hundred plus, front mount IC, for 7psi should be around $600-800 (you dont need that big of an intercooler since you're only getting 7psi at max rpm) BOV would be $200.. and making that braket would be around 400 for a custom job.... where'd all their cost come from?
Old 05-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

oh my.
i just relooked at the picture..

that bend right from the throttle body down.. is that our MAF sensor??! if it is. i should not be placed all the way back there.. it should be placed before the blower!!!

that's going to give the ECU havoc.....

also.. i dont see the bov.. perhaps is on the pipe below the blower...
Old 05-31-2003, 07:18 PM
slay2k

Originally posted by Chebosto
where'd all their cost come from?
A deprived market ?
Old 05-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Ralphus

You guys should go read some other forums to see what people there think of ProCharger, I would stay away.

Stillen doesn't have the greatest customer service either.

Personally, I would wait for Vortech or Greddy.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:53 PM
joeshow750

and how are you running the oil-return line, the oil cover pan is way on the other side of the engine!
Don't think there's a return line...the SC has it's own resevoir.

also.. i dont see the bov.. perhaps is on the pipe below the blower...
I didn't see a BOV on the list of included parts...I was just referring to that as a way to limit boost (although that would be a bad way to limit it...more of a safety device), I don't think this kit comes with one . I have a couple laying around so I'd put one in.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:54 PM
raceboy
Banned

If you want another 100hp, buy a car that comes with it already.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:20 PM
350z4steve

Originally posted by raceboy
If you want another 100hp, buy a car that comes with it already.
what fun is that though...
Old 05-31-2003, 08:30 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by 350z4steve
what fun is that though...
More fun than blowing up!!

Quick Reply: Procharger SC pic on the Z!!