Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger SC pic on the Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 10:32 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger SC pic on the Z!!

If this is a repost, shoot me... but i think its new.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger SC pic on the Z!!-image001.jpg  
Old 05-30-2003, 10:36 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Attached Thumbnails Procharger SC pic on the Z!!-dyno.jpg  
Old 05-30-2003, 10:37 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Default Courtesy of Avalon Racing

Attached Thumbnails Procharger SC pic on the Z!!-image002.jpg  
Old 05-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Scorch268

is it just me or does this setup not require that aweful hood?? thanks for the post
Old 05-30-2003, 10:49 PM
CSHFLW

Damn thats almost 450hp at the engine (17%) loss.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:57 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice dyno numbers...
Pretty nice packaging, but....

Where's the air filter?

I looks like it would be sticking out in front of the car?

-D'oh!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:16 PM
DrCold

Originally posted by D'oh
Very nice dyno numbers...
Pretty nice packaging, but....

Where's the air filter?

I looks like it would be sticking out in front of the car?

-D'oh!
If you look in the first pic, you can see the red of the K&N Cone style filter where the hood latch is.

I want to see a diagram (or pics would be better) on how the intercooler routes. One thing that is scaring me away from a twin turbo kit, is how much duct work is there going to be? The longer the tubes, the longer it takes to pressurize it all. From looking at those two pics, the procharger looks to have a pretty short run. I guess only time will tell. For now, i need the Borla dual exhaust as much as i need air.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:21 AM
little_rod

Looks great. I will be swaying toward the procharger simply cause of price. I can't make myself even think about spending twice as much for a TT. Plus, the procharger will probably have some type of warranty, while greddy doesn't seem to be real thrilled about offering one. Sounds like to me, get the procharger, but make sure you have a REAL good installer. That is true about a whole lot of products, like the clear bra for instance.

I have some questions, though. How much boost is this system running to get the 369HP??? And is it just me, or does it seem to have alot less power down low than the stock engine. I thought a supercharger was known for instant power and such, but from the graph, it seems the low end power dropped drastically. Am I seeing this wrong (no expert on dyno graphs)??? The area under the curve might actually be less, course I could be far off base here. Is that a new and different strut bar on top of the engine??? Cause it definitely ain't stock, is it something that will be needed for the procharger to fit the Z???

Also, since the procharger runs all the time, although I am performance first with this modification, anyone have any idea on the miles per gallon to expect or the decrease of mpg???

Last edited by little_rod; 05-31-2003 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 12:54 AM
joeshow750

I thought a supercharger was known for instant power and such, but from the graph, it seems the low end power dropped drastically.
Only positive displacement SC's build instantaneous boost. This is a centrifugal type, which builds boost like a turbo (exponentially).
The JIC strut bar doesn't look to be needed.
Gas mileage depends on how you drive and whether or not the SC is load driven. The SC should operate under vacuum when not loaded by throttle, so not much loss there. Under boost and WOT, I'd expect to see a major decrease in gas mileage. If I did not see this decrease I'd be suspicious of a lean, heat inducing, detonation causing, engine blowing, mixture.

I want to see a pic of the FMIC...there are few things that I love more than a giant front mount.

Last edited by joeshow750; 05-31-2003 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:09 AM
menehune

The dyno looks real linear. Have they tried fitting an intercooler yet?

I wonder if Santa has those in stock this year.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:58 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default S/C stuff

We start to ship in a few weeks. There is a $500.00 promotion right now through us. All orders prior to us leaving for the first Pro Inmport event will also get free shipping.

The kit comes with 100% of everything you need. We have sold a bunch already and installing two of them in a few weeks. The dyno numbers were done at 7 pounds of boost. The boost is controllable as well.

Get this now as the supply will be limited. You DO NOT need a hood as everything fits under the stock hood. The kit comes with it's own filter set up.
350Z Super Charger by Pro Charger

350Z Supercharger kit.

370 HP at the wheels
Bolt on
Features full fuel management, front mount intercooler, cold air intake, special oil reservoir for the blower, all hardware etc.

Introductory Pricing: (for a few more weeks only)
MSRP $5400

Post Intro Pricing:
MSRP $5996

Regards
Old 05-31-2003, 04:23 AM
7 eleven

Originally posted by little_rod
And is it just me, or does it seem to have alot less power down low than the stock engine. I thought a supercharger was known for instant power and such, but from the graph, it seems the low end power dropped drastically. Am I seeing this wrong (no expert on dyno graphs)??? The area under the curve might actually be less, course I could be far off base here.
Yes you are looking at it wrong, I thought the same thing at first. The two lines at the bottom are the stock HP and TQ. The two higher lines are the S/C HP and TQ. So from top to bottom it's S/C HP, S/C TQ then stock HP and lowest is stock TQ. This is from 5250rpm and up of course.

There is over a extra 100ftlb of TQ at 3500 rpm. Talk about area under the curve. The stock clutch won't like taking that to long. Looks good so far can't wait to see it on a few real world cars.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:43 AM
jesseenglish

Anybody got $5400 they could loan me?

How does this setup provide the extra fuel needed and how does the ECU see the SC, given the complexity and mod unfriendliness of the ECU.

Last edited by jesseenglish; 05-31-2003 at 04:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:17 AM
D_Nyholm

Does anyone know if this will be a direct fit to the G35 Coupe? Would the FMIC need to be mounted differently or was plenty of space left behind? I know me and Scorch268 would like to know!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 05:20 AM
Ricky
Banned

AvalonRacing: Can you please provide information of what exactly is in the kit by specifics please? Have you heard anything about how it sounds? and most importantly, do you sell BOV's?

And is anyone else worried about that much power coming from the engine without any internal modifications? 370rwhp is awsome, but I use my car daily, so I'd have to have whatever added be daily driver safe and reliable.

Plus, Greddy's TT is getting 334rwhp at 5.6psi, and this Procharger is getting 369 at 7psi. How does this procharger get a lot more power out at roughly 1.4psi more?
Old 05-31-2003, 05:55 AM
jran76

Ricky

I think you are safe at 7 lbs. of boost. There are Maxima's putting out that much power on a 3 liter engine w/ a S/C. The maxima seems to be safe up to about 10 lbs., I have no reason to believe that a well tuned system on the Z cannot take the same. The VQ is a very under-rated engine. I think people look at some of the specs (compression, open deck, etc.) and think the thing will blow at 5 lbs. There are Maxima's that have run 12+ lbs. for over 2 years with no problems. I think the VQ35 will prove to be much stronger than the naysayers think....
Old 05-31-2003, 07:57 AM
DrRick

Originally posted by Ricky

Plus, Greddy's TT is getting 334rwhp at 5.6psi, and this Procharger is getting 369 at 7psi. How does this procharger get a lot more power out at roughly 1.4psi more?
if i am not mistaken, 1 psi of boost equals about 20 hp. so if you look at it that way, the numbers look about right. although, there are parasitic losses which should lower the power on a s/c. along with d_nyholm and scorch, i would also like to know about the availibility for the G35. cant let the Z guys have all of the fun.......

Doc
Old 05-31-2003, 08:08 AM
VandyZ

How is the fuel managed? 7th injector? Bigger injectors? FPR? Is it still ODBII compliant?

Please tell us!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:08 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate to be the wet blanket here but...

For only $500, I think I'll wait 6 months or so and see if there are any downsides to this. The reviews posted previously are just a bit too scarey for me. Not to mention, I wouldn't know who to rely on to install it. What is the best way to find out?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:10 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by VQracer
This looks better than the *ahem* unit by far. You don't have to use a humpty dumpty looking hood.

I wonder how they setup the extra fuel management. I hope they didn't just jerry-rig an injector like *ahem*.

Victor
Hehe Nicely put!

Quick Reply: Procharger SC pic on the Z!!