Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger SC pic on the Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 09:41 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Ralphus
You guys should go read some other forums to see what people there think of ProCharger, I would stay away.

Stillen doesn't have the greatest customer service either.

Personally, I would wait for Vortech or Greddy.
Do you have good experiences with either Vortech or Greddy??? We already know Greddy probably isn't going to give a warranty. Vortech is more cloudy.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:30 PM
1320AutoSports

Originally posted by DrCold
If you look in the first pic, you can see the red of the K&N Cone style filter where the hood latch is.

I want to see a diagram (or pics would be better) on how the intercooler routes. One thing that is scaring me away from a twin turbo kit, is how much duct work is there going to be? The longer the tubes, the longer it takes to pressurize it all. From looking at those two pics, the procharger looks to have a pretty short run. I guess only time will tell. For now, i need the Borla dual exhaust as much as i need air.
yes I agree with you on the intercooler piping. I wanna see that.

Also what is going to be done about heat? It might look tacky but header wrap can be your best friend
Old 06-01-2003, 02:37 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Who siad we are lowering our prices

Who said we are lowering are prices to $4500.00 and $4900.00

I did not say or post that on this kit. Nice!.

Now if we can get 4 orders beofre my initial shipment leaves, ?I will add some incentives.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:46 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Avalon Racing -

You need to seriously resize your image in your sig...

800x600 is overkill for a sig... try 320x240.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:17 AM
slay2k

Default Re: Who siad we are lowering our prices

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Who said we are lowering are prices to $4500.00 and $4900.00
I believe that was me.

And at that price, I would most likely place an order. >_<

-slay
Old 06-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I probably would too. But for 6K I'm sitting in the background for at least 6 months or so to see what happens.

Avalon: Since I am on the east coast, where could I get this kit installed if I ever got it?
Old 06-01-2003, 08:44 AM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This SC is sure a good looking kit, but all this prototype FI kit is sure scary being put on a newly desgined N/A motor that no one have really tested FI on yet, not to mention it is on a pretty expansive car with alot of electronic control.

I learned my lesson that car with alot of electronics control is a PITA to tune, let alone adding on something that doesn't belong in the first place.

Personally, I say if you really want power, get a 300z or Supra, can't beat the bang for the buck if you are looking for high power application. But if someone have made a reliable street FI kit for the car, I am sure alot of people will jump on to it. We all love 400HP, we just hate when something break and we have to rebuild it.

Off topics...I sure wish someone will make a damn rear kit for the 350z. I LOVE that AP 6piston brake kit, but that just look too much of a mismatch with that stock rear brake. I am sure a 6pot 363 front and a 2 pot 332 kit will look awesome...
Old 06-01-2003, 11:22 AM
franklinz

Default Re: Re: Who siad we are lowering our prices

Originally posted by slay2k
I believe that was me.

And at that price, I would most likely place an order. >_<

-slay
same here, and i dont even have a 350 yet!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Rear A/P's

We will have a rear A/P caliper and bracket shortly. The rotor size will the the track spec.

A/P is almost done with the kit.

Regards
Old 06-01-2003, 11:53 AM
zoasis

I might order at $4600 right now but $5400 crosses the line into insanity IMO. If this kit stays at $5400, there will be other less expensive options within months, in other words, it will pay to be patient. If the price is lowered in a couple months after the other kits come out then I will consider $5400 to be price gouging and probably won't ever consider this kit at any price on principal alone.

Last edited by zoasis; 06-01-2003 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:56 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default prices

Our prices are based on the cost to us. If we start getting the kits cheaper, we will lower the price accordingly.

regards
Old 06-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Since I am on the east coast, where could I get this kit installed if I ever got it?
We would be more than happy to help you out at Altered Atmosphere Motorsports - where we are an ATI Procharger Distributor and installation facility. We are located in Maryland and currently have a project 350Z we will be testing the Procharger kit on, and will be developing a turbo kit with this fall. We can also help you reprogram your ECU on our in-house dynometer. This includes eliminating the speed cut, rasing the rev limiter, and adjusting your fuel and ignition curves (great for forced induction applications).

Thanks,
See ya,
Old 06-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Mike! Please keep my e-mail handy and let me know when things are coming together. I will PM it to you to avoid the spambots.

BTW, where in Maryland are you? I am about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:14 PM
zoasis

Default Re: prices

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Our prices are based on the cost to us. If we start getting the kits cheaper, we will lower the price accordingly.

regards
I can't belive they have released it at such a high price. The only thing I can figure is they did this because they are the first ones out and they are going to price gouge all the people who want power first. When I spoke with Procharger two days ago, it seemed like $5-6K was out of the question and now here we are at $5400.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:38 PM
CSHFLW

Guys wait till procharger comes out with the offical info....

I wouldn't believe anything else.

Again...ALL of there superchargers are 4100....the higher boost kits don't even cross into the 5K range and this is FULL MSRP. And yes for 4100 it comes with everything, fuel pump, FPR, intercooler, everything, just like EVERYONE of their kits.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Please do not set false expectations

Please do not set false expectations for this product. Dealer prices on this kit are well over the $4100.00 you are quoting. This is not a $4100.00 kit to even to dealers.

There have been comparisions of apples to oranges - here. Do not compare the kit to a Civic kit for example.

MSRP is $5995.00 on this kit.

There is intial order incentives to the $5400.00. We are also doinf free shipping as part of our normal specials.

Will be be able to price lower in the furure - maybe!

This will depend on the prices afforded to the dealers. "Not by people stated the price shoud be!"

Regards
Old 06-01-2003, 02:07 PM
demon

Does anyone know what the Maxima's VQ30DE compression ratio is? If it is lower than the Z's (10.3:1) then comparing Maxima boosted numbers to the Z is far from appropriate.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:28 PM
joeshow750

I repeat.
That price includes the charger, the new fuel pump, fuel managment system ( which can control boost), front mounted intercooler, intake, hoses, clamps etc.
I'm not understanding this. How does the fuel management system control boost? From my experience, the only way to control boost level with an SC is by changing pulleys to preset boost levels assigned to those given pulleys with respect to the specific car and SC system. There's no wastegate and I don't see how you could use the bypass valve to control boost....it's only there to allow the SC to spin on vacuum from the intake manifold. Unless there's some sort of feedback loop to the bypass valve from the fuel management system to correct boost to the given amount of fuel being supplied (in order to keep the engine safe with the correct mixture)....but I don't think this is the case. Also you could use a BOV to release the pressure but I don't see how this could be controled via the fuel management system either. Please explain.
Avalon?
Maybe Mike@Altered could shed some light.
The ease of controlling boost pressure is one of the MAIN advantages of a turbo setup...so if this advantage is equalized it's one more reason/benefit to go SC.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:44 PM
2K350Z

Went to the track today, where I got a chance to check out Randy Kent's 350Z with the ProCharger kit. So I don't keep you guys scrolling, I'll just link you to the directory of photos. There's also a small video of the car to give you an idea of how loud the blower is. FYI: The car was running 13.3s@105-107 most of the day.

Link

Edit: I also have a video of the car making a pass, but don't have the room to host it. If anyone can host it for me, contact me on AIM and I'll try to send it to you that way.

Last edited by 2K350Z; 06-01-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:34 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Paul/Avalon:

Got two areas of questions for you at this point:

1. Is the procharger smog legal 50 state/California? If not, will it be? When if yes?

2. Warranty on procharger? Extended warranty and cost for exteneded warranty? What is covered with warranty? what is not covered with warranty?

Thanks, Jeff

Quick Reply: Procharger SC pic on the Z!!