Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

If you haven't notice this is like my little build thread. I'm gonna continue posting updates of purchases, installs, tuning, pics, etc...

So new for today: 5-Dec-07

Received the clutch & flywheel today:

Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received my gauges yesterday. However I gave the wrong part number for the boost & fuel pressure gauges. I ordered metric readings and want imperial. LOL Oh well, as soon as I can I'll do a quick exchange.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:07 AM
tHeNiGhTwInD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Deatsch Werks owners; Did you order your injectors from Deatsch Werks direct or is there a vendor? Thanks.

I'd be careful when buying from DWerks. Rumor has it they have alot of trouble with staying consistent with spray patterns and flow rates. JWT tested two sets of Injectors I ordered from there, and they were no good, (ex. flow rate was for my second set - @3-bar 490cc, 514cc, 560cc, 500cc, 506cc, 519cc) JWT advised me that it might not be smart to use thouse sets (my two sets, i'm sure some sets work fine) because the flow rate varried to much. I'm pretty sure JWT carries [sells] a set of Z33 410cc and 530cc (but I think it's @ 3.5 bar).

Good luck with your project, I Just got my Clutch and Flywheel from JWT, I just have to save up to have it installed. Next Year it's the 530 kit for me too. I'm envious of you!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Any other suggestions for injectors? Looking to purchase shortly.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
DMK

Many people on here running D-Werks with no problems.

Why not 700BB?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw the thread tonight! Serious congratulations to you. You know I have been dreaming about the JWT kit for quite sometime too.

As for the injectors, I see you talked to MAC, I remember him saying on Dave's JWT set up that they were going to need heavier duty injectors to push the boost up to the 9 psi range. Must have something to do with the altitude. Said the same thing about the UTEC, stock FMU works at sea level, but Denver or the Springs is a whole nother animal.

Can't wait to see it. Definitely let us know when you get it tuned at MAC's
Old 12-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by DMK
Many people on here running D-Werks with no problems.

Why not 700BB?
I'm leaning towards the D-Werks but want to hear what others are using as well. I have no plans to build the engine so no need for the 700BB kit.

Originally Posted by Starchecker
Just saw the thread tonight! Serious congratulations to you. You know I have been dreaming about the JWT kit for quite sometime too.

As for the injectors, I see you talked to MAC, I remember him saying on Dave's JWT set up that they were going to need heavier duty injectors to push the boost up to the 9 psi range. Must have something to do with the altitude. Said the same thing about the UTEC, stock FMU works at sea level, but Denver or the Springs is a whole nother animal.

Can't wait to see it. Definitely let us know when you get it tuned at MAC's
Yeap starting the build. I have talked to Bill ( ) about what I want from the car. That is where we came up with that list. Of course he told me he sold everything but I know I get better pricing online. I'm doing the injectors & pump for added insurance. Make note that the Springs is higher in elevation than Denver. Also I'm moving to Texas this summer so I will have the benefit of sea level powa once we move. Shouldn't see much of an increase though being F/I at sea level vs N/A at sea level.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I'm leaning towards the D-Werks but want to hear what others are using as well. I have no plans to build the engine so no need for the 700BB kit.

Yeap starting the build. I have talked to Bill ( ) about what I want from the car. That is where we came up with that list. Of course he told me he sold everything but I know I get better pricing online. I'm doing the injectors & pump for added insurance. Make note that the Springs is higher in elevation than Denver. Also I'm moving to Texas this summer so I will have the benefit of sea level powa once we move. Shouldn't see much of an increase though being F/I at sea level vs N/A at sea level.
Are you thinking Bill is full of it with his recommendations?

I moved to the Springs in August from Denver. Highlands Ranch where I moved from is actually at 6200' MSL so I don't think the Springs is much higher than that.

Wow getting FI AND moving to sea level, that is a double boost. I thought the FI with Turbos would compensate for the altitude, but all the dyno numbers with the Turbo kits at MAC's Dyno days showed a definite hit to the power even with the turbo kits. The "corrected" numbers coincided fairly close to sea level numbers, but the actual uncorrected RWHP showed the same 17% hit, so trust me, you are going to be in for the ride of your life, bascially twice the horsepower you are experiencing now!!!

Working on an account that if I can get it should go a LONG way towards my JWT TT dream.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

I don't think Bill is "full of it." However he is always trying to make a sale and his prices just can't compete with the internet prices.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Bill isn't full of it, he just likes to talk, a lot. If you get off the phone with him in less than 20 minutes, consider yourself lucky. He has good recommendations, he just talks, a lot!

As for pricing, he is like most shops, they charge slightly more than internet prices, but dealing with warranty issues is easier if you purchase through him, and he will probably charge a little bit less for the install if you purchase it through him

As for me, I would prefer to purchase from him, and have a bit of peace of mind, as well as throw a bit of business to a local shop, but I think it all works out in the end, and is pretty hard to go wrong either way.

However, I will say that for things I install myself, I buy them on the internet.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

^ Thanks Dave. Didn't know how to word it like you just did. LOL
Old 12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Will be ordering injectors, fuel pump &, oil cooler right after the new year.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by DanielW
one day, but for now I've gotta build the tranny cuz its going out and then i wanna build the engine before i go tt
glad to hear you're thinking about going TT Daniel.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

HKS EVC 6 boost controller maybe, I have one and I love it. You really don't need a turbo timer since your turbo's are watercooled. Also, I would go ahead and do the fuel return system.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
HKS EVC 6 boost controller maybe, I have one and I love it. You really don't need a turbo timer since your turbo's are watercooled. Also, I would go ahead and do the fuel return system.
Despite being water cooled you still want to wait for a few minutes before turning your car off. Actually not that long, but I prefer overkill . . .
Old 12-26-2007, 03:27 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, I love the thread name change...it's so...you
Old 12-26-2007, 03:27 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

that would be a lot like putting a turbo timer on a supercharger, but hey, if you like extra clutter in your car, then go for it. However, strictly speaking, a turbo timer with water-cooled turbo's is not required at all, not even needed.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Devil Z

that would be a lot like putting a turbo timer on a supercharger, but hey, if you like extra clutter in your car, then go for it. However, strictly speaking, a turbo timer with water-cooled turbo's is not required at all, not even needed.
A turbo timer is "not needed" on any car. Even water cooled turbos will coke if you turn the car off right after running them hot for a while.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:05 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but help me understand this. How does water coke? Maybe there is something about water-cooled turbo's that I'm not understanding.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but help me understand this. How does water coke? Maybe there is something about water-cooled turbo's that I'm not understanding.
So these water cooled turbos of yours have no oil in them?

Quick Reply: Robert_K's JWT TT Build Thread