Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The best price on a supercharger may not be the best deal after all!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:04 PM
moab355

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best price on a supercharger may not be the best deal after all!!!

I don't post nearly as often as I should. I read this forum daily adn I get alot of good input and idea's here. I am on my 2nd 350Z. The first Track I had I put 19500 miles on it in 8 months. So I traded it for a new one. On this car I am going to put JIC Coilovers, Camber plates and traction bars. I am getting a Procharger supercharger, Lightened flywheel and Borla true dual exhaust. I am buying all of it from Paul at Avalon Racing. I think we all get caught up in who has the best price. I just think that sometimes we get too wrapped up in the best deal. His prices are competitive but his customer service is over the top. I know if I have a problem I will be able to call Paul on the phone and get help. I know that Paul and his crew stand behind and USE everything they sell. I know that Paul would help most of you guys with problems even if he was not your selling dealer because that is the type of shop he runs. So I may have saved some money buying from someone else but when we are installing all of the new parts in my Z over the next few weeks and run into a problem I know that Paul and his expertise and assistance are just a phone call away. That is worth allot more than the few hundred bucks I may have saved trying to get the best deal. I just hope that everyone on this forum can appreciate all the time he spends answering questions and helping out. It is pretty rare to find someone that loves what he does as much as the Paul and the rest of the crew at Avalon. I will be posting pics of the progress we make and dyno results over the next two weeks.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Ralphus

paragraphs
Old 06-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

is this a plug for Paul at Avalon Racing? I keep reading but didn't find anything thing about any new supercharger
Old 06-20-2003, 11:50 PM
moab355

No it is not. I just decided to get everything from him at once rather than just the cheapest source. He has just been really patient and helpfull. I hope to have the supercharger on the car withing 2 weeks. I am picking up my new Track Z tomorrow morning. I am going to have to put on alot of miles in the next week so it is broken in when the SC gets here. I will keep everyone updated on progress.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Wicked4u2c

Sounds like an advertisement to me.... All you had to say, you appreciate everything he has done period! I think you took it a bit way overboard their buddy. No offense as I am sure he is a great guy, but myself and I am sure others clicked here to read about supercharger, not how great a guy is... Just my .02 cents.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:57 AM
scan

Originally posted by Ralphus
paragraphs
couldn't have put it any better lol
Old 06-21-2003, 02:32 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

What is wrong with giving input if a vendor is doing good things. Does anyone here want a bad purchassing experience? I bet you same guys that are looking to save $100 will be the first to hire an attorney at a lot more per hour to try to get reinbursement for poor service.

Thanks for post. I am going to buy FI soon and want all the info I can get to make a good choice.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:18 AM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, input about vendors is good to have. And Matthew is right IMHO, it is usually worth spending a little more to get great customer service. Saves a lot of headaches, and can sometimes save you money in the long run.

On edit:
BTW, there's nothing wrong with the title of the post...I got pretty much what I expected when I clicked on it.

Last edited by GaryK; 06-21-2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Wicked4u2c

Nobody said it was wrong? I just thing the title should of been, "Avalon racing great customer service read on. What he wrote in 20 sentences could of been paragraphed into 1-5 and would of got the point across, again no beef here... It just sounded like a marketing tool, that is all
Old 06-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

word..
Old 06-21-2003, 11:11 AM
ForceInduction

The sad part about this is that it seems to be targeting other shops that he has not dealt with...come on the title of the thread is like pointing fingers. But, I do agree on what his point is. It is always good to work with a company that takes the extra time for a consumer. If it's just answer questions to offering tech advise, it's always good to know that they are their to help you out. I been a big gear head most of my life and so far every shop helped me out but there has been a few shops that seem like they don't care, and to be honest with you it's rare to find those shops who don't care. Most seem to be in if for the love of the sport. Nice plug for the shop though.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:28 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Nobody said it was wrong? I just thing the title should of been, "Avalon racing great customer service read on. What he wrote in 20 sentences could of been paragraphed into 1-5 and would of got the point across, again no beef here... It just sounded like a marketing tool, that is all
Hey, some of us aren't that good at getting the point across!