Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:47 PM
halfass872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Wow-109mph, that is the highest Stillen trap by far Ive seen. Nice launch and trap, but your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts need work, with that you are easy 12.8's on that launch...
Thanks man! I think last week i let way too much air out too. I was running 27 PSI. Today i tried 30 and it was hooking up perfect!! I'm still new to the track, so i'm hoping by the end of the summer getting down to 13.1. My shifting is still sloppy. And i haven't decided the best RPM to shift at yet cause my tourque curve is all screwy now cause of where the tourque band is with the Stillen. Any idea why the 1000' is blank?

Last edited by halfass872; 03-29-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Stillen FTW!

12.8 is all I could ever care for at the track....

on the street...its a 50mph drift with enough power to keep 275s or 285 from gripping...lol

Stillen FTW! All day, everyday!

Stillen could of easily made a blower to put down 400-500 wheel, but then it would or could not have achieve the 3 year warrantee nor CARB approval. There is a reason each kit performs the way it does. Greddy TTs were killing motors right out of the box back in the day. Hell APS TT says..dont even think about it without a built block. TN is cool for a manufactured install (for the most part).

Whats your purpose, desire, and goals? That determins the kit you need or want.

The Stillen was created for people just like me. Someone who paid a shizzil load for his car, loves his car, ABSOLUTELY hates down time, and wants a little extra hp, not be the King of the Block/Road.

I dont need to be the fast thing on the block, because even without a SC or TT set up, I run my car harder than most people run their boosted set ups. Now that doesnt mean that I run faster by any measure...just harder IMO.

I have been saying it since Jan of 2006...STILLEN SC FTW! Daily driven and usuable HP. Get excited in a high HP TT and you are spinning wheels and getting smoked by even NA set ups or even worse FWD set ups....lol

You havent experience true speed until you sit in the cockpit of an F-15 and accellerat while going straight up or ride a turbo motorcycle..after that...building a super fast car is simply pointless.

Good luck all in your journey. "IF" I go...im going Stillen Stage 3 SC for my Rev Up G35 Coupe. 420 crank or 340-350 RWHP is all I need to pop a woody. I have a very attractive wife to handle the days when thats not enough...LOL

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-02-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:38 AM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Stillen FTW!

You havent experience true speed until you ride a turbo motorcycle..after that...
It does change your perspective.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
It does change your perspective.

Please excuse my off topicness..but 400 wheel on 400lbs is the key to true thrills... and this is under 20K from buying the bike to the turbo installation!

http://www.mrturbo.com/turbo_systems...000%20old.html
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 AM
Gary Evans

Please excuse my off topicness..but 400 wheel on 400lbs is the key to true thrills... and this is under 20K from buying the bike to the turbo installation!

http://www.mrturbo.com/turbo_systems...000%20old.html
I know! My street turbo Busa power/weight would equate to a 2500hp 350z. You can only appreciate the acceleration by driving one.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like 4shizzils mature perspective.. +1 on that..
Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Stillen FTW!

12.8 is all I could ever care for at the track....

on the street...its a 50mph drift with enough power to keep 275s or 285 from gripping...lol

Stillen FTW! All day, everyday!

Stillen could of easily made a blower to put down 400-500 wheel, but then it would or could not have achieve the 3 year warrantee nor CARB approval. There is a reason each kit performs the way it does. Greddy TTs were killing motors right out of the box back in the day. Hell APS TT says..dont even think about it without a built block. TN is cool for a manufactured install (for the most part).

Whats your purpose, desire, and goals? That determins the kit you need or want.

The Stillen was created for people just like me. Someone who paid a shizzil load for his car, loves his car, ABSOLUTELY hates down time, and wants a little extra hp, not be the King of the Block/Road.

I dont need to be the fast thing on the block, because even without a SC or TT set up, I run my car harder than most people run their boosted set ups. Now that doesnt mean that I run faster by any measure...just harder IMO.

I have been saying it since Jan of 2006...STILLEN SC FTW! Daily driven and usual HP. Get excited in a high HP TT and you are spinning wheels and getting smoked by even NA set ups or even worse FWD set ups....lol

You havent experience true speed until you sit in the cockpit of an F-15 and accellerat while going straight up or ride a turbo motorcycle..after that...building a super fast car is simply pointless.

Good luck all in your journey. "IF" I go...im going Stillen Stage 3 SC for my Rev Up G35 Coupe. 420 crank or 340-350 RWHP is all I need to pop a woody. I have a very attractive wife to handle the days when thats not enough...LOL
you 'misunderstand' the hate on stillen.. the problem was never that you only got a certain amount of HP out of the kit..

if thats the case then us FI Owners with go around putting down NA Folks all day long.. the issue was always the performance you PAID for.. not what your goals are..

I could care less if your goals are 320 whp .. and Jay's goals are 500 whp..

the part that everyone gets on stillen over is the fact that you pay $6000 a maximum performance of 330 whp vs paying $6000 for a maximum performance of 700 whp.. no one says you have to run 700 whp.. you can run 330 whp all day long..

its the point of going out now and buying a 720p TV with only component and S-Video for $3000 or buying a 1080p TV with HDMI/S-Video/Component..

sure your cable provider isn't broadcasting in 1080p .. and sure you don't have an HD-DVD to broadcast in 1080p and sure you are still using PS2 instead of PS3 which can use that resolution... but the fact is you CAN..

if you feel that buying a 720p tv for $3000 is fine instead of buying a 1080p TV for the exact same price with more inputs.. then i guess you are just different from the rest of us.. and thats that.. the rest of us don't like doing things twice.. so for the same price we will go out and buy that 1080p TV and wait for the future
Old 03-31-2008, 06:45 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
you 'misunderstand' the hate on stillen.. the problem was never that you only got a certain amount of HP out of the kit..

if thats the case then us FI Owners with go around putting down NA Folks all day long.. the issue was always the performance you PAID for.. not what your goals are..

I could care less if your goals are 320 whp .. and Jay's goals are 500 whp..

the part that everyone gets on stillen over is the fact that you pay $6000 a maximum performance of 330 whp vs paying $6000 for a maximum performance of 700 whp.. no one says you have to run 700 whp.. you can run 330 whp all day long..

its the point of going out now and buying a 720p TV with only component and S-Video for $3000 or buying a 1080p TV with HDMI/S-Video/Component..

sure your cable provider isn't broadcasting in 1080p .. and sure you don't have an HD-DVD to broadcast in 1080p and sure you are still using PS2 instead of PS3 which can use that resolution... but the fact is you CAN..

if you feel that buying a 720p tv for $3000 is fine instead of buying a 1080p TV for the exact same price with more inputs.. then i guess you are just different from the rest of us.. and thats that.. the rest of us don't like doing things twice.. so for the same price we will go out and buy that 1080p TV and wait for the future

doug... u dont need that much power to enjoy the thrills... stillen owners have known this since birth

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=31172047&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>[/quote]
Old 03-31-2008, 06:47 AM
blasian

Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
doug... u dont need that much power to enjoy the thrills... stillen owners have known this since birth

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=31172047&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>
[/QUOTE]

YOu my friend owes me a new computer.....I tripped over the plug and chipped my computer laughing at this ......
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Jorge you are a cruel dude man.. LOL... kid was drifting pretty sweet too
Old 03-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=31172047&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>
[/QUOTE]

Old 03-31-2008, 07:51 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 AM
XKR

I cant stop looking at that video.....its like water skiing....if you are ahead of the boat....you know you are f@cked
Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 PM
c3 rolling

Just picked up the stage 3 pulley from stillen. The salesmen there are pretty fcking stupid. The guy tells me the pulley replaces the one on the blower when it actually replaces the drive pulley just under it. 90 bucks picked up and they "claim" 25 more crank HP, will install and dyno soon to prove it.

O yea....That car that supposedly blew on stage 3 was actually stage 4, the car had high miles and the kid wasnt first owner. Apparently he miss shifted and blew the motor after 1 month.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:54 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by doug

video tv example....

Its like this..
$3.80 for a carmel frappicino at starbucks
$43K for a G35! (so I had to buy one used...lol)
$80.00 for a Ralph Lauren long sleeve button up
335K for a 1000sf condo in Falls Church, VA
40K for a freggin wedding
$60 for a freggin Nismo shift ****
$5 dollar cover to get into a public bar!!!!!

Your points are valid and your exmaple well put however....its not just Stillen that is doing us over. Hell $4.00 for premium unleaded in DC yesterday !!!!

You pay for the name just like VOLKS, Greddy, and Infiniti....

its all a matter of perspective...You are paying for the Stillen name as it applies to Nissan racing history. If he/you/I could charge 10K for the kit and get away with it.....he/you/I would.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If we were all worried about bang for the buck we wouldnt be rocking TT setups we'd all be spraying....his money, his goals, his "success" with the kit or problems. Makes no difference to me. Driving Keiths Stillen G35 was tons of fun. Smile on your face = priceless, fawk the dyno queens.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 AM
UMW350Z

Its like this..
$3.80 for a carmel frappicino at starbucks
$43K for a G35! (so I had to buy one used...lol)
$80.00 for a Ralph Lauren long sleeve button up
335K for a 1000sf condo in Falls Church, VA
40K for a freggin wedding
$60 for a freggin Nismo shift ****
$5 dollar cover to get into a public bar!!!!!

Your points are valid and your exmaple well put however....its not just Stillen that is doing us over. Hell $4.00 for premium unleaded in DC yesterday !!!!

You pay for the name just like VOLKS, Greddy, and Infiniti....

its all a matter of perspective...You are paying for the Stillen name as it applies to Nissan racing history. If he/you/I could charge 10K for the kit and get away with it.....he/you/I would.
RAYS wheels are superior wheels....don't get it tangled and twisted. All those other rims made in China are basically made of crap metal and barely meet quality requirements. You pay for quality with them as well

I don't find GReddy products to be over priced...is it just me?

ARC is an example of overpriced...in fact it wrote the book on it. But i's still buy their stuff because it is cool
Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
.......ARC is an example of overpriced...in fact it wrote the book on it. But i's still buy their stuff because it is cool
I'm still trying to figure that one out!!! $1865 for an oil cooler! Price slashed from $2070!! Are they out of their F'n mind!!!

For a price like that, i better be receiving road head while it's cooling!!

http://intensepower.com/arcenoilcoki.html
Old 04-04-2008, 04:01 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by c3 rolling
Just picked up the stage 3 pulley from stillen. The salesmen there are pretty fcking stupid. The guy tells me the pulley replaces the one on the blower when it actually replaces the drive pulley just under it. 90 bucks picked up and they "claim" 25 more crank HP, will install and dyno soon to prove it.

O yea....That car that supposedly blew on stage 3 was actually stage 4, the car had high miles and the kid wasnt first owner. Apparently he miss shifted and blew the motor after 1 month.
Be careful!! I though Stillen got rid of the pully only upgrade cause it was causing the motors to run too lean? If you only did a pully upgrade, and not a fuel pup/injector/computer upgrade, you may be running way too lean. And they are jacka$$es for sellign it to you and not warning you of the dangers.

Quick Reply: Stillen Stage 2 Dyno results...*Flame suit on* lol