Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My VTR experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by AlwaysNBoost
haha i knew it my boy,i knew it was u lol how u been-you threw me off when u said a white z with nismo wheels-i ante got those my wheels are stock grand touring wheels-that day my mans z06 was outside a white g37 and my mans blown cobra-we fuked up the rear and we where taking it apart-i'll never forget that day because i could not believe how good of a deal u got on that plenum haha
yeah man half price.. that was the first mod i got and had no idea about the Z. All i remember is how freakin clean and flawless that Z was.. If i remeber it had a gold flake in the paint of some sort and nice drop. Had to be the cleanest Z ever.. and yeah i remember now the cobra sounded like an absolute beast. happy z motoring bro..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
jadenz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok,squash the beef-done- as far as why vinny recommended u the 700's was maybe it was to save u the cost of buying them down the road,or maybe it was because he assumed you where building the motor-i can give you 50 reasons why,but on the real mydude im not here to defend him as i stated before because i dont know the whole story i just said i feel for u, and it sucks what u went though-u now have the knowledge to get you car done the way u want not the way someone says it should be-dont let a miscommunication or a bad experience upset u-believe u me i have built cars and had to tear them down myself before i realized that it was money wasted. but thats how u learn from mistakes, im not cheering for vinny or knocking him down,but with me and all my friends he has been a stand up guy and str8 up with us-and in his business it can be very very stressfull dealing with customers demanding things and deadlines to meet(not talking about you dont take offense)-but remember thats why we have forums so u can learn about the good shops and great products out there use it to youre advantage-good luck and remember have fun and be safe

very welcome post.....I realize all you said and agree with the process...unfortunately i'm 15k deep so have to keep going until i have more than 3 weeks worth of fun. as i said before if attempt number 2 doesn't work out....I'll have a spare stock engine and will put that back in....and will go out and buy something else faster than the Z off the showroom floor. you guys are in this game at a different level and want to do your own mods, run at the track, etc., etc. that works for you but I just don't have the time or interest in participating that way...personal choice. Just last night somebody with a very high hp car took me for a ride and reconfirmed to me that I have no interest in speed like that....500whp is more than enough if I even get there.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

so, after all this "dancing" around basically this guy is being called a genious for making a car run.... i though thats why you pay him a fee to to it.
A few comments i wanna bring up:
-vinny does not tune the split second and only recently starded working with the hydra
-how did he plan to detune?
-shouldn't a genious know about the increased needs for fueling at higher boost?
-why is it that people who run non-sleeved 3.5s can build thier own turbo kits and safely drive 906rwhp yet this "genious" caused your car to blow up

enough of this godlike tunes that really fail plz
Old 05-06-2008, 08:23 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
yeah man half price.. that was the first mod i got and had no idea about the Z. All i remember is how freakin clean and flawless that Z was.. If i remeber it had a gold flake in the paint of some sort and nice drop. Had to be the cleanest Z ever.. and yeah i remember now the cobra sounded like an absolute beast. happy z motoring bro..
yo son that is too funny-thanks for the compliments you car was mint too kid my fav color black-I got to go down there sometime john is one funny *** cat-pm me youre number kid
Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by jadenz350
very welcome post.....I realize all you said and agree with the process...unfortunately i'm 15k deep so have to keep going until i have more than 3 weeks worth of fun. as i said before if attempt number 2 doesn't work out....I'll have a spare stock engine and will put that back in....and will go out and buy something else faster than the Z off the showroom floor. you guys are in this game at a different level and want to do your own mods, run at the track, etc., etc. that works for you but I just don't have the time or interest in participating that way...personal choice. Just last night somebody with a very high hp car took me for a ride and reconfirmed to me that I have no interest in speed like that....500whp is more than enough if I even get there.
well said-different strokes for different fokes
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

so, after all this "dancing" around basically this guy is being called a genious for making a car run.... i though thats why you pay him a fee to to it.
A few comments i wanna bring up:
-vinny does not tune the split second and only recently starded working with the hydra
-how did he plan to detune?
-shouldn't a genious know about the increased needs for fueling at higher boost?
-why is it that people who run non-sleeved 3.5s can build thier own turbo kits and safely drive 906rwhp yet this "genious" caused your car to blow up

enough of this godlike tunes that really fail plz
OH STOP-the beef is done and what was said was said,stop knocking vinny when you didnt even hear his side of the story-
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM
jadenz350

just a correction from me...was never a beef....just my story. I have nothing really more to say unless Vinny posts and there is a clarification I feel should be made....otherwise the shop to shop beef is for everyone else....i have no alliances but to me personally.....thanks for the debate folks.....it helped to triple the number of posts i did prior to my first post on this!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Highway Riding

yo son that is too funny-thanks for the compliments you car was mint too kid my fav color black-I got to go down there sometime john is one funny *** cat-pm me youre number kid
will do when i can figure out too lol.. I def would like to see and hear ur car again someday before i go FI.. Beers on me lol..
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 AM
mdracer76
Banned

No beef here with VTR...but... more of a curiosity.. why would ANY shop install a jwt 700 on a stock block and not support it with at least fuel upgrade to be safe(er) ?

It makes no sense at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
will do when i can figure out too lol.. I def would like to see and hear ur car again someday before i go FI.. Beers on me lol..
im taking u on that offer you from union we should hit up a bar down there
Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by mdracer76
No beef here with VTR...but... more of a curiosity.. why would ANY shop install a jwt 700 on a stock block and not support it with at least fuel upgrade to be safe(er) ?

It makes no sense at all.
call vinny and ask 631 414 7590
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Highway Riding

im taking u on that offer you from union we should hit up a bar down there
For sure pm'd ya..
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
mdracer76
Banned

call vinny and ask 631 414 7590
I've got meetings until 4 here at work... I'll call. I really am curios.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
jadenz350

I was just about to say go look at Altered's website to see they claimed the same thing but only now....somehow miraculously the page now says:

" (so we will make recommendations for the fuel setup including the injectors, fuel pump, fuel rails, and fuel & timing management system to use)."

This change is the right thing to include so that people are not accidentally misled. I think whoever did that should probably also chane the wording from saying it's "ideal for a stock engine".....because it's not.

Hopefully it's understood that I'm interested in protecting the consumer from being misled/abused.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
turismo

Theres nothing wrong with installing larger turbos on a stock motor. All your doing is making more power with less boost. Yes lag might be a factor, but this alone will not cause your motor to blow.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
zmegofast
Banned

hey jadenz350 i feel for you im the one who put that kit on your car i quit there cause of stuff like that!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by zmegofast
hey jadenz350 i feel for you im the one who put that kit on your car i quit there cause of stuff like that!!!!
Since Vinny wont respond, did VTR did a custom tune with the kit or just slap the kit and replaced it with a bigger turbo and called it a day.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
zul8r

Sorry to hear about your car but I must say we got the second jwt kit done by vinny back in december 2005 40,000 miles later still running strong on a stock block. I will say he is not big on doing injectors or engine management I did that later but he has always stood behind his work right till this day if I went to the shop with an issue he would take care of it any time we stop in he always gives the car a once over .
Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Last edited by Jay'Z; 05-12-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
turismo

damn

Quick Reply: My VTR experience