Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My VTR experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:14 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
You have way to much time on your hands!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlideFox
You have way too much time on your hands!

Lol..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 05-12-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM
themadhatterxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Holy ****...thats ****in unreal
Old 05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
joe~075

Originally Posted by zmegofast
hey jadenz350 i feel for you im the one who put that kit on your car i quit there cause of stuff like that!!!!
what's up with this post when you where looking for a shop to bring your Z to and then you put in a turbo kit for someone.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post5073918 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"> 01-29-2008, 11:01 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>zmegofast<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5073918", true); </SCRIPT>

<!-- Kyle -->iTrader: (0)
<!--Kyle -->

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_5073918><!-- icon and title -->anyone thinks vtr is a good shop
<HR style="COLOR: #606060" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->i want a good shop to bring my z i heard some good things but mostly bad things bout vtr racing
<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by joe~075
what's up with this post when you where looking for a shop to bring your Z to and then you put in a turbo kit for someone.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post5073918 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"> 01-29-2008, 11:01 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>zmegofast<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5073918", true); </SCRIPT>

<!-- Kyle -->iTrader: (0)
<!--Kyle -->

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_5073918><!-- icon and title -->anyone thinks vtr is a good shop
<HR style="COLOR: #606060" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->i want a good shop to bring my z i heard some good things but mostly bad things bout vtr racing
<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 PM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by zul8r
Sorry to hear about your car but I must say we got the second jwt kit done by vinny back in december 2005 40,000 miles later still running strong on a stock block. I will say he is not big on doing injectors or engine management I did that later but he has always stood behind his work right till this day if I went to the shop with an issue he would take care of it any time we stop in he always gives the car a once over .
appreciate the comment but as i stated earlier...i think i'm probably the only car that ever had 700's put on a stock engine. unless that's what you're saying you had for 40k....I have no basis for arguing how successful the 530 kits work that they installed on cars have been other than the multiple posts here. the point was that the advice to me was that 700's alone will work fine with the stock block....with no additional components. that i can say was not successful.

Last edited by jadenz350; 05-13-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by jadenz350
appreciate the comment but as i stated earlier...i think i'm probably the only car that ever had 700's put on a stock engine. unless that's what you're saying you had for 40k....I have no basis for arguing how successful the 530 kits work that they installed on cars have been other than the multiple posts here. the point was that the advice to me was that 700's alone will work fine with the stock block....with no additional components. that i can say was not successful.
Putting a larger set of turbos on a stock motor wont make any difference. You can put twin GT40's on there with a 5.5 lb spring and make the same power as you would with 16g's at 10psi. As long as your tune is correct, there should not be a problem with a stock motor.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:58 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by zmegofast
hey jadenz350 i feel for you im the one who put that kit on your car i quit there cause of stuff like that!!!!
so in three month's you went from a customer to an installer?turismo's post seems to show this to be the case.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go-fast
so in three month's you went from a customer to an installer?turismo's post seems to show this to be the case.
Man this place is crazy!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
zmegofast
Banned

hey joe you have a automatic turbo
Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by turismo
Putting a larger set of turbos on a stock motor wont make any difference. You can put twin GT40's on there with a 5.5 lb spring and make the same power as you would with 16g's at 10psi. As long as your tune is correct, there should not be a problem with a stock motor.

i hear you but there is no mis-intepretation on my side on what JWT themselves advised..not disputing your point as it doesn't change the reality of my experience...ignoring what you state and considering JWT's feedback on using the 700 kit on a stock motor....i got bad advice....... ignoring JWT's advice and solely considering your posts...it was a bad install...either way none equate to a good experience....
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by jadenz350
i hear you but there is no mis-intepretation on my side on what JWT themselves advised..not disputing your point as it doesn't change the reality of my experience...ignoring what you state and considering JWT's feedback on using the 700 kit on a stock motor....i got bad advice....... ignoring JWT's advice and solely considering your posts...it was a bad install...either way none equate to a good experience....
JWT is the kit maker. They will not tell you to put a 700bb on a stock motor because its not in there best interests to do so as its meant for a built motor. They must err on the side of caution and assume the consumer is ignorant. Doesnt mean its dangerous to put it on the car just because etc. Case in point. Just like when you bought your Z. Nissan made the Z for na application and not turbo so you will void the warranty. Yet here you are putting turbos on your car because you know that, if done right, it is safe and reliable despite what the MFG's claims say.

As was already stated nothing wrong with putting 700bb on your stock block if everything is setup right and you follow the instructions given by VTR to not rev over 6000rpms etc. Something is missing from this story. If you did overrev the car or missed a shift and zinged the motor it wouldnt be in your best interest to post that now would it? Not getting at you or taking sides but Ive seen too many guys abuse cars and when things break they want to blame someone etc.....I find it hard to believe that a shop would deliberately make your car blow up as it would reflect badly on there reputation.

BTW Vinny has been around for years and has built many 6-10 sec cars with turbos. I think he would know by now what will or will not blow up a motor. Incompetance is the last thing Ill believe from this story as this is a simple kit. Unless you are saying he didnt like you so he deliberatly gave you bad advice etc thus leading to your blow up. Thats a whole other matter and would need irrefutable proof.

I hate seeing this happen to anyone but sometimes you have to accept it as part of the game. Its happened to me before back in the day with a different shop and it sucked bad so I feel for you. At least VTR tried to do something for you. The guys that scammed me upped and disappeared with my money and left me and my blown engine for dead. Good luck and I mean it.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
reactiv8ion

and i bet you were cruising around 2500 rpms when the engine blew...
Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by reactiv8ion
and i bet you were cruising around 2500 rpms when the engine blew...
Interesting first post..... hmmmm
Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
reactiv8ion

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Interesting first post..... hmmmm
interesting 1,371st post...hmm
Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
zmedic16

to the o.p.
do you know if any mods were done like injectors upgrade and a tune to 6krpm? the jwt 530bb kit uses stock injectors (please correct me if im wrong) so you are saying they kept your stock injectors making 400+whp?..
something is not adding up here. 6krpm is almost redline if u are non rev-up.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by reactiv8ion
interesting 1,371st post...hmm
I just always find it ironic that someone from the area of the shop in question always seems to come on and post in only the thread about the shop... very ironic.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
athenG

Originally Posted by zmedic16
to the o.p.
do you know if any mods were done like injectors upgrade and a tune to 6krpm? the jwt 530bb kit uses stock injectors (please correct me if im wrong) so you are saying they kept your stock injectors making 400+whp?..

That is the big mistery.....
Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 PM
jadenz350

Originally Posted by zmedic16
to the o.p.

Other mods were 5/16th spacer and originally test pipes that i changed to kinetix hfc's....that's it everything else stock.... just the bare kit....it was a rev-up motor. car made 465 whp/415wtq when i picked it up. i have the dyno sheet and will try to scan and post soonas its another reference for the community....see what the 700kit looks like on a stock motor before it goes kaboom.
you're right something doesn't add up...but what did add up was about 15k in parts & labor!!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Thread closed by me. Until such a time the OP problems can be addressed.

This thread will be viewable but no new post will occur

Thank You

Quick Reply: My VTR experience