Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My VTR experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Vinny@VTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the past couple of weeks I have been slammed on this forum with respect to the jadenz350 thread. Normally I would try to take the high road and turn the other cheek but as I see each passing day’s comments became worse than the day before comments and I feel if this person really had an issue two things would have happened: 1) he would not have waited 8 months to say something 2) he is 10 minutes from my shop and everyone knows I’m always there. With that being said, (he can come TALK to me at any time, key word is talk not yell and not in a condescending way either) I would like to post my side of the story
As far as this customer goes, his claims and story is at best incomplete and at its worst flat out lies. I will say this, he blew the clutch in one week after picking up the car, then the following week he sent a rod out the block ,by his own admission he knew the price of the engine and he knew to keep the car under 6k rpm. This person swore he was going to take a built engine AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE he just wanted to see if the car would really make the power I told him it would make! It seemed to me in my dealings with him he is an extremely untrusting person. The reason the price for the engine was more money was simply because he had no useable(he sent the rod thru the block) core and now the intercoolers as well as anything that carries oil had to be cleaned and boiled out so there would be no traces of metal left over. Additionally which was never mentioned we removed the turbo kit at no charge, removed the clutch kit at no charge and installed a brand new long block at no charge. We put all of this guys parts in a box wrapped nicely so he can either sell them or reinstall them at some later date. In fact, he was trying to sell this kit a couple of months ago. He claims I did all this so I can get the install and the 2600 dollars. This is a ridicules statement as anyone who knows anything about a turbo kit install, knows that 2600 is peanuts to install a JWT twin turbo kit, flush and clean all oil lines , flush and clean the intercoolers as well supply all the heat wrapping, silicone hoses, and lines as well as any clamps that were removed/damaged during disassembly. So let’s look at 2600 to install with parts and labor at 75.00 per hour that comes out to 34 hours of labor (that’s not even a week’s labor) that is a gift to do all the previous work mentioned. When this person became abusive and disrespectful to me and my staff I told him he is no longer welcomed here he now has sort of vendetta for me. This individual, I feel has a bitter and negative attitude who could not be told anything because of his dismissive and bitter attitude towards us in the shop. The members of this forum are a group of intelligent people and know we have installed by my last count about 75 to 80 turbo kits both JWT and TN. HIS KIT LASTED TWO WEEKS . This is a classic situation where the customer knows it all and no matter what you tell him he has to find out for himself. Well he did and now he wants to point the finger of responsibility to someone else. Classic we all know people like him! On top of that doing nothing but Z’s and G’s for the past 4 years, don’t you think if I was so unethical or did such a bad job or had bad customer service we would have so much more negativity on the forums, but there isn’t . And why, because this stuff is just not true! I am not going to get into a pissing match with this person on the forums just as I do not comment on the positive things that are said on the forums about VTR I try to stay PROFESSIONALLY impartial! However, when someone is using the forums in such a disparaging way it not only detracts from the supporters of the forums (which I am now, and have been a paid sponsor in the past) but also discredits the value of the forum itself. I heard jadenz350 has found another shop and is doing the install and building an engine this time, well what do you know he might have learned some humility and now is listening to someone’s good advice. Good luck! In closing, I have been supporting the import performance business since 1992 that’s 17 years (ALL THAT TIME I’VE BEEN IN A 30 MILE RADIUS OF WHERE I AM NOW) and in all that time I have literally had thousands of customers and for the most part, I feel we have done a great job over the years! I feel my body of work over the years and my accomplishments in this industry speaks for itself. I WANT TO THANK THE PEOPLE WHO SAID GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SHOP AND ALSO THE SHOPS THE TOOK THE HIGH ROAD AS TO NOT GET INVOLVED, I WANT TO COMMEND YOU ALL FOR YOU INTELLIGENCE AND CLASS NOT TO STEP TO A LOW LEVEL THAT IS TRULY BENEATH THIS FORUM/WEBSITE. AS USUAL, I WILL NOT ADDRESS THIS ANYMORE AS THERE IS NOTHING THAT WILL COME FROM IT. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT VINNY TEN