Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forced Induction for Noobs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:31 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tally350z
As far as upgrades what would you suggest to upgrade the engine? Are you talking about just the basic internals?
I went with a fully built longblock, but I'm ultra cautious with her. I would ask others, since I went way overboard on the side of safety and overbuilding it. I should have mine completed this week, so I haven't even driven it and it's not fully tuned yet, so I have no real world feedback as of yet.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I went with a fully built longblock, but I'm ultra cautious with her. I would ask others, since I went way overboard on the side of safety and overbuilding it. I should have mine completed this week, so I haven't even driven it and it's not fully tuned yet, so I have no real world feedback as of yet.
Is your car still @ Intense getting tuned?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Is your car still @ Intense getting tuned?
LOL...it was supposed to be tuned today, but they found some problems. Now it's going back to SRD tomorrow for a few tweaks before they can tune it.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM
SlideFox

LOL...it was supposed to be tuned today, but they found some problems. Now it's going back to SRD tomorrow for a few tweaks before they can tune it.
That sucks.... but that should tell you something about the level of detail Intense puts into there work! Even a simple EMS Install and Tune!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:10 PM
mrg1981

That sucks.... but that should tell you something about the level of detail Intense puts into there work! Even a simple EMS Install and Tune!
Actually, yes that's true. However, I had them add to the order last weekend and tidy up a few items as well. Polished upper plenum, Greddy Tower Strut bar, Carbon fiber engine cover, Greddy oil filler and radiator caps, and they are fixing a few things for me as well. They ran diagnostics on it all day and found that it wasn't getting fuel and the boost solenoid was installed incorrectly.

Sorry for the OT, btw.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
SlideFox

Actually, yes that's true. However, I had them add to the order last weekend and tidy up a few items as well. Polished upper plenum, Greddy Tower Strut bar, Carbon fiber engine cover, Greddy oil filler and radiator caps, and they are fixing a few things for me as well. They ran diagnostics on it all day and found that it wasn't getting fuel and the boost solenoid was installed incorrectly.

Sorry for the OT, btw.
Not really OT! This thread is about F/I and F/I installation. You are getting your car turbo'd and tuned. This will show people to make sure they have there vehicle triple checked before hitting the dyno!

I'm sure the additional checking will be worth it in the end.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tally350z
Does anybody know how much HP the stock auto transmission can handle. I have seen people running around 380-400 with there stock A/T trans. If you want to run more then 420hp do you have to go with a built engine or can you just replace the internals like cams, rods, etc? How much Hp can the stock block hold if you replace the internals?
For nearly 4 years i ran the stillen setup thru all the stages on my at trans and now run the greddy twins.You must upgrade your trans with a valve body and a trans cooler at the least and a tc is also wise.Like said before it is torque that kills the at trans and right now im at 396rwt and everything is still working great with the trans......................i hope i just didnt put a curse on myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
35Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMS Sidebar

Suggest adding a EMS section.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by 35Z
Suggest adding a EMS section.
I can't spoon feed the noobs... but I have been putting together some info on the different piggybacks, and standalones. It's just harder to compare EMS's then turbo kits...
Old 06-16-2008, 09:33 AM
DanielW
Banned

so because you don't personally like the STS kit you didn't list it?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by DanielW
so because you don't personally like the STS kit you didn't list it?
No... I didn't list it because:

A) I personally don't know that much about the kit. So if someone would care to PM me the information I'll learn something new.

B) You will notice there are a few other kits that are not listed as well (SP TT, SFR TT, etc).

C) This list wasn't to inform people of every product out there. This was just to give noobs some base information on Forced Induction. Which kit they go with is up to them.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:42 AM
DanielW
Banned

ok, thats fair enough. Now that i look back, i do see that you didn't list some of the other kits so I appologize for my comments. This thread is awesome, just want to see all the options listed.... I'll try to get some infor together to contribute.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Polosport

To help you a little with the STS Kit it comes as a Tuner or they offer all of the components for it so you have some options. For now it is only a single. The complete Kit comes with Turbo Xs Utec, 440cc Injectors, Front mount Air to Air Intercooler, TiAL Blow Off Valve and External Wastegate, Garrett/STS Journal style and Ball Bearing Turbos. I know they have Guys making over 400 rwhp on stock motors @ under 9 psi and Guys on built motors over 600whp so far with upgraded Turbo and Intercooler. It is one of the best priced kits out there for the components and power you get. some of the downsides are that it is new and different enough that people don't think it works and are skeptical about the turbos location because it so new to the import scene. Hopefully this helps. I have been looking into this Kit a lot because these Guys are about an hour and a half away from me and I have been doing my research on them.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
SlideFox

Well folks, due to the new owners of this forum I/we can no longer update old posts after a certain period of time. I had the S/C info finally put together, but I can not update it. Sorry everyone. I hope the information that is posted can help. Thanks for supporting this thread everyone!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Oreally? That's... lame. So, something that has a natural evolution (like aftermarket car parts for a certain platform...) cannot be updated? Progress! I suppose, with that way of thinking, whoever has the quickest/fastest VQ35de 6MT 350z today will also have it in say 2020?

Darren
Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 PM
SlideFox

Pretty much D! For example.... my post above from just this afternoon has no edit button at this moment in time.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM
mrg1981

Pretty much D! For example.... my post above from just this afternoon has no edit button at this moment in time.
Strange...my edit buttons have all disappeared. It's like a twilight zone. How will I practice my ninja edit skills now???

Back on topic...Intense and Pro-EFI are working hard to get my car ready for the 28th. I'll let you know how the Greddy TT, SGP longblock, SGP racing tranny, and Pro-EFI do next week (hopefully )!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 AM
SlideFox

Strange...my edit buttons have all disappeared. It's like a twilight zone. How will I practice my ninja edit skills now???

Back on topic...Intense and Pro-EFI are working hard to get my car ready for the 28th. I'll let you know how the Greddy TT, SGP longblock, SGP racing tranny, and Pro-EFI do next week (hopefully )!
Saw your car yesterday.... looks like she is almost ready to go!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
mrg1981

Saw your car yesterday.... looks like she is almost ready to go!
Goal is to have it run at Speedworld on Saturday for midnight runs. According to Pete, it is on track for that. I think Hon is letting me use his rear axle and his slicks!

Are you planning to be there?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 AM
SlideFox

Goal is to have it run at Speedworld on Saturday for midnight runs. According to Pete, it is on track for that. I think Hon is letting me use his rear axle and his slicks!

Are you planning to be there?
I'm gonna try to make it up there. I live at Chandler Blvd & the 202 so speedworld is on the opposite side of the world to me.