Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

--->jkenefic version 3.0 build<---

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Sorry Joe....small OT.....James....everything fixed up?
Still working on it
Old 06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
MADScientist

Originally Posted by QuadCam
no problem....I just had to find it on the JWT website. It seems the HR headbolts are significantly harder than the VQ35DE headbolts. 26 Rockwell up to 36 Rockwell is a good amount harder.

Ont he JWT paper, it shows basically a clamping force of about 77 ft-lb on each bolt.........How much torque did you apply to each of your bolts JKenefec?
Well that is about half true... You first torque them to that then loosen all of the bolts and torque them again to 29ft/lbs then +95 degrees then +95 degrees again. it is a long process that requires an angle gauge to do it correctly. Not sure of the specific torque number here, but it is well over 100ft/lbs...

This is another interesting thing about a TTY bolt... When you are tightening them to a specific angle it does not matter the friction that you are trying to overcome; you are going to tighten all of the bolts equally no matter what. With an ARP stud you are tightening them to a torque number, which each bolt will have a slightly different friction on the head to overcome yielding an inconsistant torque of each head stud even if you use moly lube. I think it is something like 90% of the twisting motion is trying to overcome the friction of the head and 10% actually turns the bolt when using a torque wrench with head studs. That is why you are supposed to re-torque the studs after a few heat cycles of the engine. With TTY this is not required and is a nice bonus since re-torquing anything on this engine is a PITA!!

Last edited by MADScientist; 06-01-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by coachk
I can tell you the 272 cams I have in my motor are pretty aggressive, and the idle is fine
Thanks coach.....what RPM do you take yours up to with the 272?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
MADScientist

Just some other food for thought guys...

How many stock block guys have you heard of that have had an engine fialure due to head lift? None that I am aware of... Even for the few people that have tuned the cars to 500+whp, the rods snapped before the heads lifted.

Now, how many people have you heard of with built engines (sleeves or not), L17, L19, 12mm, etc head studs that have had a head gasket failure or head lift with 500-600whp?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Awesome car Joe. Great talking with you at Forged. Subscribing.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:20 PM
06dieselZ

I think the HR studs can handle up to 650 rwhp all day long.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by jkenefic
All of this is in an effort to further the platform and grow the knowledge base.
Hats off to you for that. With this kind of cooperation, we'll be right up there with the Supra's soon.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of this is in an effort to further the platform and grow the knowledge base.
Amen! Hats off to you! Good luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Has anybody ever noticed that lawdyu or whatever his screen name is just post more bs then anybody..........and never returns to see what his bs has started or if it has just confused people.
He does the same crap over in G35driver .

Joe...I apologize again....last time I will go OT.

I am redoing my setup....and right now I don't give a F&^% about RA/Scott or VRT. Last time I checked all 3 were banned.
Joe who only post when he has real info that can help us...and all you azzwh&^% can do is compare his work to 3 banned individuals?

From what I was told ...what Joe is doing will save people that want to build in the future a lot of money and ...and all you want to do is advertise for RA?

lawdyu ...(whatever your name is) take this crap back to G35driver where they seem to not mind your BS.

I met Joe....he does not speak much...but when he does...you can tell he knows alot.....His car is proof of that....

So as far as I am concerned...this build is unique....because its being done by someone everyone trusts !!!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
krnzzang84

Hottest yellow Z i ever saw!!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
you people are ridiculous. give it a rest, you just look stupid.
Kinda like the majority of your posts. You're long overdue to add RA to your sig, since you stick up for them so much.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
XKR

BACK ON TOPIC !!!!!

Joe.....if I am not mistaken......you are running a stock fan...right??

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Kinda like the majority of your posts. You're long overdue to add RA to your sig, since you stick up for them so much.

Last edited by XKR; 06-02-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
BACK ON TOPIC !!!!!

Joe.....if I am not mistaken......you are running a stock fan...right??

i think the stock fan is great, joe might not need an upgraded fans, depends when he goes to the track to see how much he needs
Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Yep stock fans and he is seeing around 190 when the fan come on, I belive since we talk last he was going to trigger them to come on sooner. Stock fans FTW they do the job just right.

These cars overheat on the track It just the way they are, but they can handle it... for a while. My car with a new fresh motor and upgraded fans saw 230 on a small track like barber, and 250plus at VIR.

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 06-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Does he already have an upgraded radiator?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Motormouth
Banned

could he add shrouds to the stock fans? or at least some guides from the bumper? I heard that is very, very effective at pushing air through the interfooler better.

Does he already have an upgraded radiator?
AMS aluminum.

they are on my profile
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Yep stock fans and he is seeing around 190 when the fan come on, I belive since we talk last he was going to trigger them to come on sooner. Stock fans FTW they do the job just right.

These cars overheat on the track It just the way they are, but they can handle it... for a while. My car with a new fresh motor and upgraded fans saw 230 on a small track like barber, and 250plus at VIR.
I see.....thx
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 AM
MADScientist

^^^^
I would like to be ableto figure out a way to use the OEM fans with the FCon Triggering them to come on sooner. More like 190 dergrees instead of 210. In order to do this I need to get the NISMO thermostat first which is on back order last i checked.

This is definetly something that I would need to do if I were to run the car on the road course for any extended period of time.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Thats just it even with the best components I dont know of anyone that has a built motor "longevity" that has posted on the forum. I dont mean dyno queen my car made 800hp but never drive it/I drive low boost all the time and maybe see redline once a month. Please show me a car that has lasted / reasonable amount of high mileage on a built motor?? NONE!
I can count on one hand the amount of people driving around with 19psi all the time.
Can you have a reliable 500hp Z??? Yes I think so
Can you have a reliable 600hp Z??? Hell no! Phuc no! No way!
I have proven that.

Look at all the cars that did the "top dawg" event the majority of them had some type of issue, whether big or small, they where issues.
I am not hating just stating facts that I have experience. Humm maybe Berto can chime in.
Yours? no? Are you saying all built motors to date with ARP hardware and HKS headgaskets are doomed to headlift failure in the future? Or did you mean all sleeved motors?

I can't believe no one has a built shortblock from years past and isn't still boosting along? Anyone?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^^^^
I would like to be ableto figure out a way to use the OEM fans with the FCon Triggering them to come on sooner. More like 190 dergrees instead of 210. In order to do this I need to get the NISMO thermostat first which is on back order last i checked.

This is definetly something that I would need to do if I were to run the car on the road course for any extended period of time.
The relays are in the IPDM (for my G anyway). Just disconnect the stock ECU control - or use diodes in line with the stock ECU trigger and voila - should work. The only odd thing is that you have to switch the +12 and GND relays on at the same time. Not sure why they designed it like that...

Quick Reply: --->jkenefic version 3.0 build<---